2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Jayski, Ganassi will name Juan Pablo's replacement on Friday....

I hope & pray its not Kyle Larson, the kid isn't ready.

A Mark Martin/Kyle Larson split of the driving duties wouldn't be bad.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

According to Jayski, Ganassi will name Juan Pablo's replacement on Friday....

I hope & pray its not Kyle Larson, the kid isn't ready.

A Mark Martin/Kyle Larson split of the driving duties wouldn't be bad.

I could dig it. Although, I'm thinking Newman. I dunno why? I'm just thinking Newman.

baltimoreravens.png

So who has open spots now? The 78, 42, and 51(?) need a driver. RCR will probably be Menard, Burton, and Dillon.

Out of the drivers in Nationwide, The only realistic guys I could see in cup full time would be Sadler, Smith, Bayne, and maybe Allgaier if Turner Scott takes over James Finch's team.

It seems as if Montoya will be the one left standing when the Silly Season music stops. If my memory is correct, I remember Scott from Turner Scott Motorsports buying the Phoenix racing team. Who knows? Maybe they will move up to Sprint, add a second team with the 51 (#50?) and add Montoya to the squad. Then again, there's always Nationwide...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think rather than having Newman go to a 4th RCR car, which time and again seems to set the team back whenever they go to 4, he goes to the 78 considering Furniture Row's basically a satellite team of RCR anyway. Could work out pretty well for him and the team, too.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

To all who said Larson would get the nod to go to the 42 car, you may just get your wish Friday. Sirius NASCAR Radio's Morning Drive show says that all signs are pointing to Larson driving the car full time for the 2014 season.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I don't think he's ready. I know he's in Ganassi's stable, but I think having someone capable of filling in until he is ready would be better. Remember Casey Atwood? He was said to be the next superstar but they rushed him and now look at him.

Or this could be a move to battle Austin Dillon for a Rookie of the Year championship

EDIT: This is to back up mr.nascar13 post....

From Jayski...

Kyle Larson isn't staying put very long. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will move the 21-year-old upstart to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series fulltime in 2014, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday.

I still say its too early like Atwood... Then again as much as I hate to admit... Jimmie started early....

baltimoreravens.png

From Jayski...

Kyle Larson isn't staying put very long. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will move the 21-year-old upstart to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series fulltime in 2014, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday.

I still say its too early like Atwood... Then again as much as I hate to admit... Jimmie started early....

I don't remember Atwood being able to drive cars in multiple disciplines - big block winged dirt sprints, small block asphalt midgets, trucks, NNS - like Larson does. Plus, he has the endorsement of the two NASCAR champions that have done the same thing before, Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

From Jayski...

I don't remember Atwood being able to drive cars in multiple disciplines - big block winged dirt sprints, small block asphalt midgets, trucks, NNS - like Larson does. Plus, he has the endorsement of the two NASCAR champions that have done the same thing before, Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart.

but Atwood only got 2 years end of year one he was comming around, then got replaced by methfield and put on a crappy team year 2, not really his fault, i think he never got a fair shake

Yes Attwood won a couple of races at age 19, but was he really all that good, or was it just hype for a kid? I'm not saying that Larson is or isn't ready, but from what I've seen from the kid, if this is the guy you want, you don't hold him back. IF Austin Dillion is a sure thing, the watching Larson hunt him down at Eldora, showed me he has what it takes. You just don't run dirt tracks like that and not be successful. People say that he's not ready and will be the next Casey Atwood, but if you ask Ray Evernham how many cars Jeff Gordon tore up, it was a lot, and I bet a lot of people said that Gordon wasn't ready.

Both Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr. suffered wrist injuries following the Bristol night race. Hamlin said it should be healed in no time, while Truex may have to wear the cast during the race. Also, Bobby Labonte suffered a broken rib while riding his bike. He has been released from the hospital, but Mike Bliss will be his replacement at Atlanta in the 51.

Archived