2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Johnson would've won if he hadn't had trouble, but Kahne was pretty dominant. He was bad on the restarts, but he nailed the one that counted. Kurt gave him a big shove into 1 and Kahne sailed by Gordon and ran away with it. Things are getting interesting!

This was a pretty good Gen-6 race. Passing for the lead, passing throughout the field. The only thing I hate is the Twitter whining that Danica Patrick received for her accident and the lack thereof for Matt Kenseth's. They were both caused by the same thing: Outside car taking air off, causing the rear to lose traction. Is it me, or are some NASCAR fans on social media becoming more and more ignorant?

WATKINS GLEN WEEK

tumblr_mr0e3l3oSh1sxheako1_500.gif

Should NASCAR oil down the track like last year? LOL

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Broken leg. He's gonna miss atleast this race weekend.

Such a shame for Smoke. I remember the last time Smoke had to miss a race weekend, back in 2006 at Dover. Stewarts' crew chief; Greg Zippadelli called up Ricky Rudd to sub for Tony because of how the constant shifting at Dover would be figurative murder to Stewart's shoulder.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Any word on replacements? I think a few Nationwide drivers such as Regan Smith, Kyle Larson, Justin Allgaier, and heck, maybe even Austin Dillion could take over (doubtful on Dillion). If none of them, maybe tony could call up Allmendinger to drive.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Any word on replacements? I think a few Nationwide drivers such as Regan Smith, Kyle Larson, Justin Allgaier, and heck, maybe even Austin Dillion could take over (doubtful on Dillion). If none of them, maybe tony could call up Allmendinger to drive.

According to Jayski.com, AJ already has a ride for this weekend. Watkins Glen was one of the 5 races in which he'd be driving the #47 car for JTG Racing.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I figure they want to get someone with good road course experience. AJ would've been perfect.

EDIT:

They found someone. Max Papis! Not the best NASCAR experience, but still a fine road racer.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I figure they want to get someone with good road course experience. AJ would've been perfect.

EDIT:

They found someone. Max Papis! Not the best NASCAR experience, but still a fine road racer.

I was going to say that Max Papis is the replacement this weekend at Watkins Glen for Stewart. He's a good road racer. Maybe in the good equipment Stewart-Haas has, he could be a sneaky pick to win, or at least; finish really good at the Glen.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Watkins Glen Road Course Ringers:

Boris Said in the #32 HendrickCars.com Ford

Alex Kennedy in the #19 Media Master Toyota

Of Course, Max Papis driving in place of Tony Stewart

Victor Gonzalez in the #36 TBR Chevy

Owen Kelly (an Aussie) in the #51 Phoenix Chevy

Ron Fellows in the #33 Canadian Tire Chevy

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Update on Stewart: MRN's 'Pistol' Pete Pistone writes that Stewart will be out indefinitely after undergoing a second surgery on his broken leg. In the article, Competition Director Greg Zipadelli says that it will be approximately 24-48 hours before an official word on how long Smoke will be sidelined.

The complete story can be found here:

http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2013/08/Stewart-Sidelined-Indefinitely.aspx

Update on Stewart: MRN's 'Pistol' Pete Pistone writes that Stewart will be out indefinitely after undergoing a second surgery on his broken leg. In the article, Competition Director Greg Zipadelli says that it will be approximately 24-48 hours before an official word on how long Smoke will be sidelined.

The complete story can be found here:

http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2013/08/Stewart-Sidelined-Indefinitely.aspx

Zippy said that Stewart-Haas is preparing for Smoke to be out a few races, and it would effectively end his chances for the 2013 Sprint Cup.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Results from the Glen....

1. Kyle Busch

2. Keselowski

3. Truex Jr.

4. Edwards

5. Montoya

6. Bowyer

7. Logano

8. Johnson

9. Kurt Busch

10. Almendinger

Sounds like I missed a good race, I was only able to see parts of it but I had other arrangements that I couldn't miss. Back to Michigan next Sunday.

baltimoreravens.png

Results from the Glen....

1. Kyle Busch

2. Keselowski

3. Truex Jr.

4. Edwards

5. Montoya

6. Bowyer

7. Logano

8. Johnson

9. Kurt Busch

10. Almendinger

Sounds like I missed a good race, I was only able to see parts of it but I had other arrangements that I couldn't miss. Back to Michigan next Sunday.

A frustrating one from my perspective as a Gordon fan but overall, it was a real good race. Glad Kyle Busch held on for the win.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived