2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

I was hoping that Keselowski would catch up to Kyle on that last lap. I thought he would get him through the bus stop, but as soon as they came out of the carousel, I knew it was over. Honestly, I was yelling at the TV for Keselowski to hit Kyle from the bus stop through the last turn. Despite the Hendrick boys having a bad day (JJ didn't but Gordon certainly did). Ah well. 24's only 13 out of the top 10, but its not long until we get to Richmond.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from the Glen....

1. Kyle Busch

2. Keselowski

3. Truex Jr.

4. Edwards

5. Montoya

6. Bowyer

7. Logano

8. Johnson

9. Kurt Busch

10. Almendinger

Sounds like I missed a good race, I was only able to see parts of it but I had other arrangements that I couldn't miss. Back to Michigan next Sunday.

There was little passing but for Blue Deuce, JPM, Carl, and 5-time.

The Aric Almirola wreck at Lap 60 changed the race due to pit strategy. The race was pretty simple...the more cautions, the greater ability for Carl, 5-time and JPM had to get to the front.

BREAKING: Austin Dillion to race the #14 at Michigan. Regan Smith was also rumored to be a fill-in earlier in the week.

Pretty good choice if you ask me. What do you guys think? Is this a good choice to you? If not, who shouldve been picked?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

BREAKING: Austin Dillion to race the #14 at Michigan. Regan Smith was also rumored to be a fill-in earlier in the week.

Pretty good choice if you ask me. What do you guys think? Is this a good choice to you? If not, who shouldve been picked?

Nationwide at Mid-Ohio this week, meaning Austin has to be a fly boy. It's a good move for Smith, since he can concentrate on the road course and not have to pull double duty.

Results from the Glen....

1. Kyle Busch

2. Keselowski

3. Truex Jr.

4. Edwards

5. Montoya

6. Bowyer

7. Logano

8. Johnson

9. Kurt Busch

10. Almendinger

Sounds like I missed a good race, I was only able to see parts of it but I had other arrangements that I couldn't miss. Back to Michigan next Sunday.

There was little passing but for Blue Deuce, JPM, Carl, and 5-time.

The Aric Almirola wreck at Lap 60 changed the race due to pit strategy. The race was pretty simple...the more cautions, the greater ability for Carl, 5-time and JPM had to get to the front.

And on Twitter, Almirola went and did a #BlameJJ Tweet LOL

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I root for Austin & Ty, I honestly think both of them has a legit shot to become huge stars in Sprint Cup. Sadly, they'll always have the "only in it because of their granddad runs the team" story but I really do think along with Corey Lajoie, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliot, Bubba Wallace & many others are the future. I think its a wise choice, besides, with the rumor of Austin coming up next season, I think it was bound to happen.

SN: I wouldn't be surprised when he comes up... with the 3 along with him, its time.

baltimoreravens.png

I root for Austin & Ty, I honestly think both of them has a legit shot to become huge stars in Sprint Cup. Sadly, they'll always have the "only in it because of their granddad runs the team" story but I really do think along with Corey Lajoie, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliot, Bubba Wallace & many others are the future. I think its a wise choice, besides, with the rumor of Austin coming up next season, I think it was bound to happen.

SN: I wouldn't be surprised when he comes up... with the 3 along with him, its time.

Agreed. I also heard Darrell Wallace Jr. is supposed to be in that group of drivers as "The Next Generation of Drivers". I was impressed with him and his Nationwide starts last season.

I also agree with your side note. It's almost like a prophecy or something. It should've been in Dale Sr.'s will "When I die, no other driver after me shall race the #3. That is, except the chosen one. He who is the chosen one of the sport will race my number yet again. Thus, the ghost of my past will live on."

Brian Vickers will finally get his chance: Michael Waltrip Racing has announced that Vickers will race the 55 full time for the 2014 season.

Does this mean Mark Martin ( the Buffalo Bills and Brett Favre of Nascar) will finally call it a career?

Brian Vickers will finally get his chance: Michael Waltrip Racing has announced that Vickers will race the 55 full time for the 2014 season.

Does this mean Mark Martin ( the Buffalo Bills and Brett Favre of Nascar) will finally call it a career?

The writing's on the wall, Mark should retire and then play the waiting game with the NASCAR Hall of Fame voters.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Agreed. I also heard Darrell Wallace Jr. is supposed to be in that group of drivers as "The Next Generation of Drivers". I was impressed with him and his Nationwide starts last season.

I also agree with your side note. It's almost like a prophecy or something. It should've been in Dale Sr.'s will "When I die, no other driver after me shall race the #3. That is, except the chosen one. He who is the chosen one of the sport will race my number yet again. Thus, the ghost of my past will live on."

You do realize that Earnhardt had no control over the number when he was alive, right? Richard Childress chose the number and NASCAR allowed him to use it. NASCAR gives the numbers for the car owners to use.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Vickers will have his full time ride in 2014, driving the 55 Aaron's Dream Machine

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/08/13/nascar-brian-vickers-aarons-michael-waltrip-racing-sponsor-deal/2646081/

Plus reports are that this is the last year we will see Juan Pablo Montoya driving for Chip Ganassi... Let the Ryan Newman or Kyle Larson rumor commence!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/08/13/juan-pablo-montoya-ganassi-racing/2650311/

baltimoreravens.png

Plus reports are that this is the last year we will see Juan Pablo Montoya driving for Chip Ganassi... Let the Ryan Newman or Kyle Larson rumor commence!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/08/13/juan-pablo-montoya-ganassi-racing/2650311/

Aw, ya beat me to it! I think Newman will get the nod ahead of Larson. I don't think Larson has enough time in the Nationwide seat to compete with the Sprint Cup guys. With the 29 car still open, could that be Montoya's next ride?

Isn't Austin Dillon moving to the 29 next year or is he getting put in a different car?

Dillon is rumored going to Harvick's team, only the rumor is it won't be #29, it'll be #3. I honesty think Newman will go to Ganassi, either that or go to Furniture Row for the rumored 2nd car. I could see JPM going to USCR. I just don't see him continuing on with NASCAR.

baltimoreravens.png

I remember when JPM came over a few years ago, he just never made a splash that anyone thought.

I heard the 29 was going to the 3. I know Dillon has said it was his grandpa's number before it was Big E's and thats why he'll run it and I think he should.

I remember when JPM came over a few years ago, he just never made a splash that anyone thought.

I heard the 29 was going to the 3. I know Dillon has said it was his grandpa's number before it was Big E's and thats why he'll run it and I think he should.

#3 was Childress' number when he was a driver, and the number he had when he got his first win as a NASCAR owner, with Ricky Rudd at Riverside in 1983.

I like dropping that little tidbit because not many people know that Earnhardt didn't give Childress his first win, or even his second win (Rudd at Martinsville in 1983) as a car owner.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I remember reading an article somewhere that a group headed by, I think Canadian NASCAR Ron Fellows were trying to get a Nationwide race at MoSport Raceway (now Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) in Bowmanville, Canada.

The race from the rumors I heard was that it was going to replace the race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.

However, the track did get a Camping World Truck race, that was overshadowed by the muchly hyped (and deserving of it too) racetrack at Eldora.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived