2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

So, here's what we should have next season.

FOX: Mike Joy, Larry McRenynolds, Darrell Waltrip

NBC: Allen Bestwick (?), Wally Dallenbach (?), McRenyolds (?)

I think FOX has the best broadcast from the 3 stations broadcasting races this season.

Fox has the best announcer in Mike Joy, but where they lack is the others in the booth. Larry Mac and DW booth use too much "Old school" spin. And for the new and casual fans, that's not good. I'd like to see Dale Jarrett move to NBC. His perspective is one that is good for the casual fan, i.e. his accent is easily understood and does relate to many of the drivers. Wally JR should stay with IndyCar.

I have a feeling many of the ESPN/ABC reports, except for Dr. Jerry Paunch, will be going to NBC.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted, I don't watch much Nascar, but of the three current broadcasts, Fox is the most entertaining of the three. The ESPN broadcast doesn't have much excitement, and the TNT coverage is just plain boring. Plus, Fox got rid of that cartoon gopher (or whatever the hell it was).....

So, here's what we should have next season.

FOX: Mike Joy, Larry McRenynolds, Darrell Waltrip

NBC: Allen Bestwick (?), Wally Dallenbach (?), McRenyolds (?)

I think FOX has the best broadcast from the 3 stations broadcasting races this season.

Fox has the best announcer in Mike Joy, but where they lack is the others in the booth. Larry Mac and DW booth use too much "Old school" spin. And for the new and casual fans, that's not good. I'd like to see Dale Jarrett move to NBC. His perspective is one that is good for the casual fan, i.e. his accent is easily understood and does relate to many of the drivers. Wally JR should stay with IndyCar.

I have a feeling many of the ESPN/ABC reports, except for Dr. Jerry Paunch, will be going to NBC.

Dr. Punch has expressed returning to the the basketball/football sidelines before, so while he turns 60 during The Chase, it will be interesting to see if he decides to leave.

NASCAR or not, ESPN still has lots of programming out of their Charlotte studio since it will soon house the SEC Network. Shannon Spake has been working college basketball and football the last couple of seasons and they have flown her out from a track after a NNS race to work the late Saturday Night games and flying her back to the track before the race.

There is work for her there still since she resides in Charlotte while Jamie Little is based out of Las Vegas and will probably move to work more IndyCar again too.

On one hand it's a bit of a shame to see ESPN lose the rights after they've really made big strides in improving their telecast. Hopefully NBC keeps Allen/DJ/Petree in the booth and go from there.

On the other hand.... NO MORE TNT AND THEIR COMMERCIAL BREAKS EVERY 4 LAPS (well, except for next year)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

On one hand it's a bit of a shame to see ESPN lose the rights after they've really made big strides in improving their telecast. Hopefully NBC keeps Allen/DJ/Petree in the booth and go from there.

On the other hand.... NO MORE TNT AND THEIR COMMERCIAL BREAKS EVERY 4 LAPS (well, except for next year)

Unfortunately, NBC will have many commercials, how else will they pay for the $4.4 billion coverage?

Granted, I don't watch much Nascar, but of the three current broadcasts, Fox is the most entertaining of the three. The ESPN broadcast doesn't have much excitement, and the TNT coverage is just plain boring. Plus, Fox got rid of that cartoon gopher (or whatever the hell it was).....

Fox caters their broadcast to the long-time fan - stories told like on the front porch

ESPN caters theirs to the new and casual fan -educating while not preaching and keeping the long-time fan in mind

TNT was a cluserbadword

NBC hopefully can fill the void that will be left by SPEED because the USCR contract is still up for grabs and Fox does not want it, ESPN could get it but not likely, so the ball is in NBC's court. I think they would do a great job with the coverage of NASCAR and potentially USCR if Indy and F1 is any example

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

I gaurentee they will.

I'm excited about NBC just because their sports coverage is fantastic. I love Indycar and F1 on there. ESPN has the best coverage now, FOX is the most entertaining, and TNT is 6 weeks of torture.

I think so too. It made the Truck Series a must-see event.

TNT is awful -- I don't want to listen to Kyle Petty and see a commercial break every two minutes. The least they could do is cut the break short if something noteworthy happens in the race. ESPN hasn't been terrible for the Nationwide series (though I haven't watched much of it), but FOX is my favorite -- and I usually don't like FOX's coverage of any sports.

IUe6Hvh.png

I watched it last night. It was spectacular! I believe NASCAR will kept Eldora on the schedule and hopefully add a second dirt track to the schedule, rotating the second one around the country. I don't see Cup ever going back to dirt. I can see Nationwide doing a mid-week special event during the All-Star week at the dirt track in Charlotte.

NASCAR needs to look at re-invigorating the interest in the Brickyard 400. The event really hasn't been a "crown jewel" race since about the turn of the century.

The event is still an event a lot of drivers want to win, it just pales in comparison to a race like the Daytona 500, the Southern 500, or even the Coke 600.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

btw, Jalopnik has some gifs of the Eldora race & IMO.... I honestly see Larson & Austin Dillon as the next big drivers, I'd say the same for Ty but he didn't have such a good night.

http://jalopnik.com/nascars-amazing-first-dirt-race-in-43-years-a-gifstra-914524212

Sadly, I have to agree about the Brickyard, usually NASCAR has the tracks they love like Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond, Talladega, Bristol but yeah, I think Indy needs some help. Its one of my favorite tracks & I love the sprint cup race there.

baltimoreravens.png

Sadly, I have to agree about the Brickyard, usually NASCAR has the tracks they love like Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond, Talladega, Bristol but yeah, I think Indy needs some help. Its one of my favorite tracks & I love the sprint cup race there.

I think I was reading somewhere that someone bounced the idea that they could put lights up at Indy and have the Brickyard 400 at night.

Same thing with Talladega, I think a night race at Talladega could be awesome.

It sounds like a good idea on paper (lights at the Brickyard), but putting into practice just doesn't sound right.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I think I was reading somewhere that someone bounced the idea that they could put lights up at Indy and have the Brickyard 400 at night.

Same thing with Talladega, I think a night race at Talladega could be awesome.

It sounds like a good idea on paper (lights at the Brickyard), but putting into practice just doesn't sound right.

IMS does not need lights. It needs NASCAR testing.

The 2008 race was the COT "tour of laps" because it was when the COT was first run there and tires were changed constantly. We have little idea on how the Gen-6 car and tires will work there. It might be high speed, but poor racing and little passing.

The 2008 race was the COT "tour of laps" because it was when the COT was first run there and tires were changed constantly. We have little idea on how the Gen-6 car and tires will work there. It might be high speed, but poor racing and little passing.

The '08 Brickyard 400 was probably one of the worst races in NASCAR history, what with all the horrible tire failures plaguing that race weekend.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The Brickyard 400's never really much of a race as it is about the venue and stuff. I mean, aside from Stewart catching Harvick and passing at the end or a few other cases it's not really had its memorable actual racing moments. I'm fine with that. It's like NASCAR's Monaco. Sure, the racing isn't the best, but it's still pretty cool to watch

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived