2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

To me there are only 5 tracks that should get to host 2 races:

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Richmond and Charlotte. These are the 5 staple tracks in Sprint Cup.

That's it. There are plenty of deserving tracks that have been shut out of hosting races because boring tracks like Loudon and Kansas get 2 dates. North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Iowa, CotA would all be welcome (re)additions to the schedule.

I'd love to see them go back there, but I think that track would need to be stripped down and rebuilt from scratch.

I'd really like to see Iowa, Road America and possibly Road Atlanta getting dates. NASCAR needs more road courses on their Sprint Cup series schedule, preferably one during the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2014 HOF inductees...

Jack Ingram

Glenn "Fireball" Roberts (Finally)

Dale Jarrett

Maurice Petty

Tim Flock

8 of the 25 members are from three families.

Petty-4

France-2

Jarrett-2

Ann B. France, wife of Bill France, Sr. was on the list of finalists and will be inducted very soon.

Hmmmm.... Well fellow gear heads, what would you think?

http://oppositelock....-by-2-509350566

According to the report, planning for the new generation car has just recently begun, and everything's on the table right now, even the engine rules that have gone largely unchanged since the early 70s and the steel tube frames that have been used since the late 60s.

The most notable of the new engine options potentially on offer is that of the turbo V6, which would be popular with heavily invested manufacturers Ford and Toyota while also helping court new manufacturers (most notably Volkswagen, who's been considering joining the sport on-and-off for the past three years). If the decision is made to switch to turbo V6s, NASCAR would join IndyCar and F1 in going a V6-only route

Also on the table is a switch from frames built out of steel tubes to a DTM style hybrid chassis, half carbon fiber tub and half steel tube frame. Considering NASCAR has already announced a plan to run a North American DTM series starting in 2015, the success of that series could very well dictate whether or not this idea comes to fruition.

Also another link about abandoning V8's...

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/nascar-could-abandon-v8-engines/

baltimoreravens.png

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Richmond and Charlotte. These are the 5 staple tracks in Sprint Cup.

That's it. There are plenty of deserving tracks that have been shut out of hosting races because boring tracks like Loudon and Kansas get 2 dates. North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Iowa, CotA would all be welcome (re)additions to the schedule.

I'd love to see them go back there, but I think that track would need to be stripped down and rebuilt from scratch.

I'd really like to see Iowa, Road America and possibly Road Atlanta getting dates. NASCAR needs more road courses on their Sprint Cup series schedule, preferably one during the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

When the majority of drivers would like a road course in the chase, you'd think NASCAR would have one.

Road Atlanta would need some changes to the fencing for the Sprint Cup to race there. As for Road America, I've not heard a BAD thing said about it from anyone that's driven there. It's a popular NNS spot.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

When the majority of drivers would like a road course in the chase, you'd think NASCAR would have one.

Road Atlanta would need some changes to the fencing for the Sprint Cup to race there. As for Road America, I've not heard a BAD thing said about it from anyone that's driven there. It's a popular NNS spot.

hoping next year Indy Car goes back there as well........

That was a crazy Coke 600!

1.Harvick

2. Khane

3. Kurt Busch

4. Hamlin

5. Logano

6. Newman

7. Stewart

8. Bowyer

9. Truex Jr.

10.Ambrose

Lots of wrecks and it did take out some contenders, but then again so did the cables for the cameras as well. Not a good night for Kenseth, Johnson, Kes or Little E.

baltimoreravens.png

That was a crazy Coke 600!

1.Harvick

2. Khane

3. Kurt Busch

4. Hamlin

5. Logano

6. Newman

7. Stewart

8. Bowyer

9. Truex Jr.

10.Ambrose

Lots of wrecks and it did take out some contenders, but then again so did the cables for the cameras as well. Not a good night for Kenseth, Johnson, Kes or Little E.

After the last caution, it was anticlimactic. Other than the cable issue, it was a normal NASCAR race: interesting in parts, long boring runs in parts, and Fox effing something up.

Well, I'm not gonna lie... I thought Dover was gonna be another Jimmie Johnson demonstration... Then near the end, he jumped the gun... Or did he? Which caused him to get black flagged. I missed most of the race & I saw Tony won, but did I miss anything else?

1. Stewart

2. Montoya

3. Gordon

4. Kyle Busch

5. Keselowski

6. Bowyer

7. Logano

8. Harvick

9. Martin

10. Earnhardt Jr.

Reports afterwards said Kes failed post race, his front end was too low... I swear it seems like he can't catch a break this season. Next up is one of my least favorite tracks, Pocono & the start of TNT's coverage, see ya in February Fox.

baltimoreravens.png

zzzzzzzz.......

Yeah, its no secret. The races at Pocono bore me. I just didn't find it interesting, not until the last couple of restarts but that was all. Jimmie gets the third win this season...

1. Johnson

2. Biffle

3. Earnhardt Jr.

4. Stewart

5. Newman

6. Kyle Busch

7. Kurt Busch

8. Hamlin

9. Harvick

10. Logano

I just wish there was a way to make Pocono interesting, On to Michigan for Father's day weekend.

BTW, has anybody heard any rumors of Biffle leaving Roush? They're some denial from the Biff himself but I wasn't sure if anyone else heard otherwise.

baltimoreravens.png

I don't see why Biffle would leave. The one time he had mentioned it that I remember was when he felt he was getting subpar equipment compared to Kenseth and Edwards. I don't think that is the case now that Matt has moved on.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

From Jayski's Nascar website (Paraphrasing here, correct me if I'm wrong): biffle told reporters that he will not be moving to Richard Childress Racing for the 2014 season as rumors had it. Biffle still has one year (through 2014) remaining on his contract.

In other news, Bobby Labonte will switch rides with AJ Allmendinger for 5 races this year, starting this upcoming week in Michigan. The five races are races JTG Daughtery Racing is unsponsored in. Aj will drive the 51 while Bobby will be in the 51.

Finally, a post from Hendrick Motorsports Facebook Page hints that Dale Jr will have a black and metallic car for Michigan.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's kinda all but given Austin Dillion's moving into the 29/3 next season anyway, right? I don't see RCR looking for a big name to replace Harvick when they've got an up-and-comer within not just the system, but the family

From what I've gleaned from the several journalists who follow NASCAR is that the grandson will be in Cup full time next season in the 3. I can't wait for the dumbass fans who will freak when they see Austin in that car.

Albeit I don't really want to see the #3 again. If anyone should drive it, should be Austin or Ty. Especially as they're the first to do it in Trucks/Nationwide since 1998, I believe. Once Jr. left Nationwide, RCR started rocking the #2 AC Delco Car.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's kinda all but given Austin Dillion's moving into the 29/3 next season anyway, right? I don't see RCR looking for a big name to replace Harvick when they've got an up-and-comer within not just the system, but the family

From what I've gleaned from the several journalists who follow NASCAR is that the grandson will be in Cup full time next season in the 3. I can't wait for the dumbass fans who will freak when they see Austin in that car.

yea thats a given and does ty take jeff burtons place in 2015 or just expand to 4 cars?..........but ill say they hype with the dillons is too much i dont think they will do all that good, especially austin, just not sold on there talent.

yea thats a given and does ty take jeff burtons place in 2015 or just expand to 4 cars?..........but ill say they hype with the dillons is too much i dont think they will do all that good, especially austin, just not sold on there talent.

I disagree completely with the Dillon Bro.'. I believe Ty will be the least successful. imagine They both will do good. Whenever Jeff Burton retires, Ty will go into the car. Austin is an almost guarantee to go into the 29/3. I also Imagine Jeff Burton's nephew Jeb to be with Childress in the uture.

I disagree completely with the Dillon Bro.'. I believe Ty will be the least successful. imagine They both will do good. Whenever Jeff Burton retires, Ty will go into the car. Austin is an almost guarantee to go into the 29/3. I also Imagine Jeff Burton's nephew Jeb to be with Childress in the future.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived