2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

The reason I personally find the entire Danica-experience annoying is that she gets all of the hype without having done anything ... other than being a woman.

I don't care that she is a woman. I think racing is one of the few BIG sports that women are 100% on equal footing when it comes to the physical aspects of the sport. They face some prejudices that hold them back but so do kids that don't come from money to be honest.

She spent 7 years in Indy and had 1 podium finish per year with 1 win. And she wasn't exactly on bad teams there. She has 58 races in Nationwide cars with 7 top tens and 10 races in Sprint Cup with no top tens. Just for giggles .... Trevor Bayne has 34 Sprint starts with 1 win and 3 top tens. He also has 85 Nationwide starts with 1 win and 30 top tens. And for those that want to argue that he isn't having to learn how to drive a stock car after driving open wheel ... realize he is 9 years younger.

Once she does something other than being the "first woman to..." then I will give a damn. Until then, i will treat her like she has stated she wants to be treated ... like any other driver and judge her solely that. Which so far, is mediocre/average.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Duel's go tomorrow afternoon, billed as the last chance to get in to the Show! Well only 45 cars qualified, so two will go home. It just goes to show how expensive and tough it is to get into a NASCAR race. I remember the days when 54 cars attempted to get in to the 500. Times are changing!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So the Duel's go tomorrow afternoon, billed as the last chance to get in to the Show! Well only 45 cars qualified, so two will go home. It just goes to show how expensive and tough it is to get into a NASCAR race. I remember the days when 54 cars attempted to get in to the 500. Times are changing!

I remember those days, too, as well as the modifieds using big noses and running the road course a week before the Duels. Christ, times have changed.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The reason I personally find the entire Danica-experience annoying is that she gets all of the hype without having done anything ...

We talking about Junior, right?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Those cars really are a marvel of engineering. Any accident that would shear the front end off of a normal car would surely maim or kill the driver.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The fan video from the stands on Deadspin is crazy. The people see the cars start to spin out and begin to cheer loudly. It reminds me of the movie Independence Day when the hords of people show up to "welcome" the aliens... then everything goes to hell.

Danica becomes the first woman to lead the 500 under green. She has held her own all race long and looked smooth and fast. I think she has a legitimate shot at winning this thing. The single file racing hasn't really shown anyone's strengths or weaknesses, so the end of the race should be exciting!

50 Cent made "the move" of the race even before going green.

Nice work, dfwabel. That was a welcome departure from your usual surliness.

Jimmie Johnson wins his second Daytona 500.

As a Lowe's 48 fan, the only thing that would have made me happier was a Danica win. Yeah, I'll admit it, I really want to see her do well - in no small part because it will piss off people who think the only reason she has a Cup ride is because she's a woman.

Anyway, pretty good race. And I'm loving the Gen6 car. It looks great and JJ got the first points win with it.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived