2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Albeit I don't really want to see the #3 again. If anyone should drive it, should be Austin or Ty. Especially as they're the first to do it in Trucks/Nationwide since 1998, I believe. Once Jr. left Nationwide, RCR started rocking the #2 AC Delco Car.

It's just a number, a number HE didn't own. It was assigned to his team owner, Richard Childress, by NASCAR. To keep the number from being used by someone else is doing Dale Dr and major disservice. It's as if some fans believe Dale was JUST the number, the driver, when he was more, much more than that.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So saddening to say that Jason Leffler, a regular in the Nationwide Series, was unable to recover from his injuries suffered in a NJ Dirt track race, where he later died. Another driver who left us way too soon. Thoughts and prayers are with his family as they get through these tough times. RIP

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A lot of drivers are taking it pretty hard, nothing but good words about Jason from other NASCAR drivers. I expect a moment of silence at the races this weekend and a lot of memorial stikers.

Agreed. didn't realize it but ESPN's Bottom Line thing said that he raced at Pocono this past weekend.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So saddening to say that Jason Leffler, a regular in the Nationwide Series, was unable to recover from his injuries suffered in a NJ Dirt track race, where he later died. Another driver who left us way too soon. Thoughts and prayers are with his family as they get through these tough times. RIP

Heart goes out to Leffler's family affected by this tragedy.

RIP Leffler.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

A lot of drivers are taking it pretty hard, nothing but good words about Jason from other NASCAR drivers. I expect a moment of silence at the races this weekend and a lot of memorial stikers.

To the consternation of many on Twitter, more drivers are taking Jason's death harder than Dale Sr's. The "fans" don't understand that he was one of them, someone they saw everyday, someone that talked more about his son with them than racing.

And from what I've seen, drivers from other series are not taking it well.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Yeah, I was talking to a friend about this. He was a guy that for 10 months for each of the last 12 years or so, they traveled, raced, battled, and hung out with. NASCAR is different than sports with similar work loads(golf is almost year round too), because nearly every driver lives in the greater Charlotte area, so They hang out on their off days. Dan Wheldon was the same way.

Kasey Kahne is going to make Leffler hats an give all the proceeds to Jason's 5 year old son.

It was a bad day to be working for Hendrick, all 4 cars had problems. Gordon wrecked, Khane hit the wall & his car caught on fire while leading, Little E's engine blew up & Johnson hit the wall within the finishing laps....

Ford on the other hand, gained their 1,000 victory in Motorsports

1. Biffle

2. Harvick

3. Truex Jr.

4. Kyle Busch

5. Stewart

6. Kenseth

7. Bowyer

8. Edwards

9. Logano

10. Burton

Danica finished in the top 15 along with Kes & Austin Dillon & Denny didn't do as well either, finished 30th... Next stop Sonoma for the first road course race of the season.

I also found out on Jayski during the race that Hendrick wants to put Chase Elliot in a Nationwide car next year. with JR Motorsports & possibly Aaron's as a sponsor... Only thing is he's 17... Last I checked, you can be 16 to get in Camping World but does Nationwide have a limit?

EDIT: found out its victories in motorsports... Not Sprint Cup

baltimoreravens.png

It was a bad day to be working for Hendrick, all 4 cars had problems. Gordon wrecked, Khane hit the wall & his car caught on fire while leading, Little E's engine blew up & Johnson hit the wall within the finishing laps....

Ford on the other hand, gained their 1,000 victory in Sprint Cup

1. Biffle

2. Harvick

3. Truex Jr.

4. Kyle Busch

5. Stewart

6. Kenseth

7. Bowyer

8. Edwards

9. Logano

10. Burton

Danica finished in the top 15 along with Kes & Austin Dillon & Denny didn't do as well either, finished 30th... Next stop Sonoma for the first road course race of the season.

I also found out on Jayski during the race that Hendrick wants to put Chase Elliot in a Nationwide car next year. with JR Motorsports & possibly Aaron's as a sponsor... Only thing is he's 17... Last I checked, you can be 16 to get in Camping World but does Nationwide have a limit?

Logano had to wait until he was 18 to get into a Nationwide car in May 2008.

As for today's race, the final standings are somewhat skewed since there were a number of cars who were running in the top 15 who went to the pit under green right before the McMurray tire fail.

Kahne is having a "feast or famine" season who still is realistically in The Chase.

Feast: LVMS-2nd; Bristol-1st; Martinsville-4th; Kansas-2nd; Charlotte-2nd

Famine: Daytona-36th; Talladega-42nd; Pocono-36th; MIS-38th

Daytona redevelopment project for 2016.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – International Speedway Corporation today approved funding to redevelop the frontstretch of Daytona International Speedway, the Company’s 54-year-old flagship motorsports facility, to enhance the overall experience for its fans, marketing partners and the motorsports industry. This historic, multi-year project will break ground on July 5, 2013, and is targeted for completion in January 2016, in time for the 54th Rolex 24 At Daytona and the 58th DAYTONA 500.

“We are truly creating history with this unprecedented endeavor,” said ISC’s Chief Executive Officer Lesa France Kennedy. “I commend the board’s decision to move forward on our plan to redevelop the Company’s signature motorsports facility, thereby shaping the vision of Daytona for the next 50 years.

“The decision was made with strong consideration of the current macroeconomic condition and a clear view for our long-term growth,” Ms. France Kennedy continued. “This significant private investment is a strategic use of our capital that will ensure the long-term viability of the iconic speedway, and when completed, will contribute favorably to the Company's revenues, as well as to our community and the sport as a whole.”

The redevelopment is expected to cost between $375 million to $400 million.

The vision for the redevelopment of the Daytona International Speedway frontstretch places an emphasis on enhancing the complete fan experience, beginning with five expanded and redesigned fan entrances, or injectors, along International Speedway Boulevard. Each injector would lead directly to a series of escalators and elevators that would transport fans to any of three different concourse levels, each featuring spacious and strategically-placed social "neighborhoods" along the nearly mile-long frontstretch.

A total of 11 neighborhoods, each measuring the size of a football field, will enable fans to meet and socialize during events without ever missing any on-track action, thanks to an open-sightline design throughout each concourse and dozens of added video screens in every neighborhood. The central neighborhood, dubbed the "World Center of Racing," would celebrate the history of Daytona International Speedway and its many unforgettable moments throughout more than 50 years of racing.

Every seat in the Speedway frontstretch will be replaced with wider and more comfortable seating, with more restrooms and concession stands throughout the facility. At the conclusion of the redevelopment, Daytona International Speedway will be comprised of approximately 101,000 permanent seats with the potential to increase permanent seating to 125,000.

Daytona1_zpsfca350d4.jpg

Daytona2_zps0be0c8c2.jpg

Daytona3_zpse0a84d63.jpg

Daytona is going to look amazing once the redesign is done. Its one track I hope to see a race at someday.

2 things happened in Sonoma today.... Martin Truex Jr. ended his winless streak & Michael Waltrip now has more victories as an owner than as a driver.

1. Truex Jr.

2. Gordon

3. Edwards

4. Kurt Busch

5. Bowyer

6. Khane

7. Ambrose

8. Biffle

9. Johnson

10. Harvick

Onto some Saturday night racing for 2 weeks, first stop, Kentucky.

baltimoreravens.png

I LOVE my road course races, but unfortunately, I didn't have access to a TV or radio this weekend while on a Youth Mission trip to Fremont, OH, (great place) Which woulda came first anyway. As for the results, congrats to Martin, I like that stat about Waltrip (hilarious!), and great to see Gordon rebound after a forgettable Michigan race. Glad to see pics of Dinger's burnouts after the NNS win, feel like he really needed it. If I were to go to a NASCAR track in the future, my top picks would be Indy, Bristol, Charlotte, Martinsville, and Kentucky, with KY being the closest. Cant wait to see the race!

After having his world turned upside down, AJ Allmendinger finally got a chance to win a race. In the Nationwide series race at Road America, AJ held off Justin Allgaier to win.

It was AJ's first career win in a NASCAR sanctioned event. Sure, there were pretty much no Sprint Cup drivers (because they were all in Cali), but still; a win is a win.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived