2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denny Hamlin's wreck looked sort of like Kasey Kahne's wreck at Pocono a few years ago. AJ hit him so hard in the driver's side of the car. (It didn't help that AJ had Dave Blaney locked up behind him, so he was pretty much riding the wall the entire time.)

It was good to hear the both Hamin and Allmendinger were checked out of the infield care center because it was a scary wreck for both drivers.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Kahne got screwed again. Johnson took a hard left to block Ambrose, who was halfway up his car, and bumped the 9 into the 5 ending his teammates day.

This stuff is getting old.

Only JJ haters believe it. No driver, not even Kahne, has said it was all Jimmie's fault. Ambrose made a sudden move. Also, TJ Majors, Dale Jr's spotter, said on a podcast Monday that Jr was worried about Ambrose's moves earlier in the race.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Kahne got screwed again. Johnson took a hard left to block Ambrose, who was halfway up his car, and bumped the 9 into the 5 ending his teammates day.

This stuff is getting old.

Only JJ haters believe it. No driver, not even Kahne, has said it was all Jimmie's fault. Ambrose made a sudden move. Also, TJ Majors, Dale Jr's spotter, said on a podcast Monday that Jr was worried about Ambrose's moves earlier in the race.

I like all the Hendrick drivers. So if one goes down, I'm a little disappointed. Especially Jeff and Jimmie. I was worried about ambrose as well. He was going back and forth between jj and kk right up on their bumpers. I was afraid he was gonna spin either one.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Some interesting tidbits about the "Truck of Tomorrow" coming next season in 2014...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-mulls-facelift-for-trucks-062713#!gUbjy

“Trucks are a little bit trickier for us because we’re not afforded some of the foundations with trucks that we have for the cars — meaning the common or the consistent or the certified chassis,” said NASCAR Sprint Cup Series director John Darby, who attended the meeting.

As the lone full-time Truck team owner in the Ford camp, Brad Keselowski Racing will be responsible for the F150 build. Keselowski calls the project “an interesting situation.”

“Ford puts a lot of effort in their trucks, and it’s been one of the highest-selling vehicles in this country for a long time,” Keselowski said. “It deserves to have a place in the Truck series.”

While the manufacturers will design the latest concepts and develop the trucks, Turner-Scott Motorsports will construct the Chevrolet Silverado and Kyle Busch Motorsports will handle the Toyota Tundras.

“The design concepts and some of the early (wind)-tunnel testing to see if we can achieve a balance there and everything have been very positive. All three manufacturers are working pretty diligently on the project — as well as we are — to prepare for when they get close enough to start bringing us some things to officially test and move forward on.”

baltimoreravens.png

OFFICIAL: Ryan Newman will not return to Stewart/Haas Racing next season. Also, Stewart/Haas has filed a copyright for the #4, the number to be used by Kevin Harvick and will be sponsored by Budweiser.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The worst kept secret in NASCAR, I either expect Newman or Kurt to take over Harvick's old ride or Newman will field a 2nd car for Furniture Row or the reports are him either going back to Penske (highly, highly doubt it) or even Roush (I think that was the other).

Anywho... Now, the results of New Hampshire

1. Vickers

2. Kyle Busch

3. Burton

4. Keselowski

5. Almirola

6. Johnson

7. Harvick

8. Edwards

9. Kenseth

10. Gordon

Week off & then the Brickyard, one of my favorite races.

baltimoreravens.png

Mine as well. Most likely, 'Rocketman' will go to RCR. Also, words were exchanged as Kyle Busch said (paraphrasing) yhat Newman is a stupid idiot and its no wonder he's out of a job. This was said after Kyle was asked about his brother's day. Story can be found on MRNs website.

Mine as well. Most likely, 'Rocketman' will go to RCR. Also, words were exchanged as Kyle Busch said (paraphrasing) yhat Newman is a stupid idiot and its no wonder he's out of a job. This was said after Kyle was asked about his brother's day. Story can be found on MRNs website.

Kyle Busch's mouth and brain have to catch up to his driving ability. The entire Newman/Kurt thing was fine and over with before Matt Kenseth crashed the other two out. There was racing deal slamming between Kurt and Ryan, but good ol' Rowdy has to speak before thinking.

Newman Response:

We know he's not very bright."

"I'm sure if I rearrange his face I might fix it," [Newman] said. "He's frustrated finishing third [actually second] or wherever he was after hitting me first and then giving me a little rub down the straightaway. Just imagine how I feel. It is what it is. We know he's not very bright. He's a heck of a talent, but not very bright."

Then again, Rocketman is known to burn a few bridges here or there....

Interesting developments happened on Monday. NASCAR is planning some changes....

The working teams have developed blueprints for 11 initiatives within the four key areas. They are:

Governance

·Move rule-making from Officiating to R&D / Innovation

·Enhance effectiveness of appeals process by redefining process and appeals board member criteria

Rules

·Simplify rulebook and increase objectivity by replacing written rules with CAD designs

·Enhance parts approval by formalizing submission and approval process

·Increase consistency of rule interpretation across National Series

Penalty / Deterrence

·Strengthen deterrence model to reduce inspection required to ensure competitive racing

Officiating / Inspection

·Increase use of technology on pit road

·Maintain rigor of inspection while creating greater efficiency in the entire process

·Improve efficiency of process by creating race team inspection scheduling system

·Enhance effectiveness of inspection through data collection and trend analysis

·Create unified inspecting and officiating model across National Series

This could bring up some new changes like the rumored Carbon Fiber body.

Last but not least, Phoenix made be bought by either the half owner of Turner/Scott or Terry Labonte... IMHO I'm hoping for Turner/Scott, I think its about time for guys like James Buscher & Justin Algaier to finally get up to Sprint Cup.

baltimoreravens.png

Turner Scott got Phoenix. Would like to see Allgaier run some Sprint races for a change.

I think this means AJ Allmendinger might be on the outside looking in.

Hopefully, he'll be picked up, possibly be the Captain; Roger Penske to drive one of his two Nationwide series cars for 2014.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Turner Scott got Phoenix. Would like to see Allgaier run some Sprint races for a change.

I think this means AJ Allmendinger might be on the outside looking in.

Hopefully, he'll be picked up, possibly be the Captain; Roger Penske to drive one of his two Nationwide series cars for 2014.

I'd rather see aj go back to Indy car, but that just my opinion

Not exactly. Harry Scott, the Scott part of TSR, purchased the majority of Phoenix Racing. This necessarily doesn't mean "The Gator" will be in the seat for Cup races, but it does open it up for him.

Until they figure out the reason why the cables supporting the air camera snapped and caused a 30-minute delay in the Coca-Cola 600, NASCAR will not be using aerial cameras throughout the rest of the 2013 NASCAR season.

This is the same camera ABC/ESPN used for the Indy 500, too. I can see where NASCAR is coming from, safety for fans and competitors alike, but it was used already at the track.

This is the same camera ABC/ESPN used for the Indy 500, too. I can see where NASCAR is coming from, safety for fans and competitors alike, but it was used already at the track.

This is like the Kyle Larson crash. I really don't think lightning will strike twice, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

But, NASCAR always does these things AFTER events like this. It wouldn't hurt them to be proactive.

But then again, no one can really fortell that everything will happen the way it will.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

So long ESPN & TNT

ESPN and Turner Sports will be out of the NASCAR business after next season, ending associations with the sport that go back three decades. NASCAR plans to announce this afternoon a new rights deal with NBC for the second half of the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series seasons -- a package that previously had been held by ESPN. Beginning in 2015, NBC will share NASCAR coverage with Fox, which signed an extension with NASCAR last year.

Although, I have a feeling Allen Bestwick will still have a job regardless.

baltimoreravens.png

So, here's what we should have next season.

FOX: Mike Joy, Larry McRenynolds, Darrell Waltrip

NBC: Allen Bestwick (?), Wally Dallenbach (?), McRenyolds (?)

I think FOX has the best broadcast from the 3 stations broadcasting races this season.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived