2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the same rumblings with Newman & RCR. Reports claimed that we wants to go to a team where he feels appreciated. Now the one that came out of nowhere was the rumor of Penske signing Carl Edwards with Quicken Loans as a sponsor, Penske said the following...

"Absolutely not," team owner Roger Penske said emphatically. "That's a good one, but no."

He's more focused on getting a 3rd car but with Sam Hornish Jr. in it. Penske wants to focus on what he has for drivers.

Results from Kentucky:

1. Kenseth

2. McMurray (I'm shocked)

3. Bowyer

4. Logano

5. Kyle Busch

6. Kurt Busch

7. Truex Jr.

8. Gordon

9. Johnson

10. Harvick

The first couple of laps were rather destructive. Most of the race was a Jimmie Johnson demonstration, if he didn't spin out, he would've won. Onto Daytona for Saturday.

baltimoreravens.png

Jeff Gordon just seems really bad at restarts lately. Started third on that final restart and ended up back in 11th or so, and he'd have fallen back on the one before that if Jimmy Johnson hadn't spun out. Can't be too upset with 8th, but he had a top 3 or 4 car it seemed. 2 points out of 10th though.

IUe6Hvh.png

So them two would swap rides? I really wish Harvick stuck around RCR, he'd be a good mentor to the Dillon brothers if he isn't already.

It appears so. The only sponsorship I see Newman having is quicken loans, outback, and maybe reeses if they don't follow Kevin

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I heard the same rumblings with Newman & RCR. Reports claimed that we wants to go to a team where he feels appreciated. Now the one that came out of nowhere was the rumor of Penske signing Carl Edwards with Quicken Loans as a sponsor, Penske said the following...

"Absolutely not," team owner Roger Penske said emphatically. "That's a good one, but no."

He's more focused on getting a 3rd car but with Sam Hornish Jr. in it. Penske wants to focus on what he has for drivers.

I don't see what Roger sees in Hornish. He's not a great Sprint Cup driver. He's good in the Nationwide series at least.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Back to Daytona this weekend. I'm pumped!

Where anything can happen and usually does.

I know the Danica haters out there won't like it, but if she does win Saturday night, I wish she'd do a DX crotch chop and tell Kyle Petty to "S*&K IT", but she wouldn't.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

That is a very good bet. My prediction is my friend texting me saying "JJ is gonna win" and me texting back "that sounds awful".

But this race is always one of the best. A former champion can just phone it in and win, or someone like Dave Blaney might just get the right help on the last lap and pull it out.

That is a very good bet. My prediction is my friend texting me saying "JJ is gonna win" and me texting back "that sounds awful".

But this race is always one of the best. A former champion can just phone it in and win, or someone like Dave Blaney might just get the right help on the last lap and pull it out.

I love Daytona, I hope to get there someday to see a race, there is just something about that track I just love.

It actually brings back one of the best moments in NASCAR

baltimoreravens.png

I love Daytona, I hope to get there someday to see a race, there is just something about that track I just love.

I'm glad you posted that and I got a chance to watch it again. Tear up a little every time.

On another note, Kurt Busch is driving the City Chevrolet car from Days of Thunder. That was my favorite movie as a kid and that's what got me into NASCAR, so I think it's awesome.

BON4cvHCAAAjE14.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm glad you posted that and I got a chance to watch it again. Tear up a little every time.

On another note, Kurt Busch is driving the City Chevrolet car from Days of Thunder. That was my favorite movie as a kid and that's what got me into NASCAR, so I think it's awesome.

BON4cvHCAAAjE14.jpg

I do what I can, it was just such an emotional race that night, didn't matter who you root for that night, everyone was a Little E fan! Yes, I love this scheme, too bad they couldn't the number to match up though, that would've been awesome to see him drive 46

baltimoreravens.png

BON4cvHCAAAjE14.jpg

I do what I can, it was just such an emotional race that night, didn't matter who you root for that night, everyone was a Little E fan! Yes, I love this scheme, too bad they couldn't the number to match up though, that would've been awesome to see him drive 46

best part during the race they are dropping lines from the movie!!!

ICE CREAM???!!!

Raysox.... Never let your friend predict again :mad:

1. Johnson

2. Stewart

3. Harvick

4. Bowyer

5. Waltrip

6. Kurt Busch

7. McMurray

8. Earnhardt Jr.

9. Mears

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Jimmie has swept Daytona, last guy to do it, Bobby Allison in 1972. There was even 2 big ones. Onto New Hampshire next Sunday

baltimoreravens.png

That might have been the most dominant RP track performance I've ever seen. Wow.

Indeed. JJ and the 48 had it going on all night. Now if only there was a way to end plate races without all the wrecks in the last 5-10 laps.

BB52Big.jpg

Johnson was incredible, as always. Frustrating night cheering for Jeff Gordon -- went into that last pit stop in 4th, came out in 16th, I believe. He must've taken tires when pretty much nobody else did and fresh tires didn't seem particularly necessary. That left him in prime position to get caught up in a wreck, which he did. Had a good car too. Oh well, at least Jimmy took the win.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived