2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Unless you're talking Daytona or Talladega, there are very few races that are "races" (side by side racing). I think people's views have been twisted. The truth is and I'll preach this until I die, 95% of sporting events are "boring" and it's that 5% that are exciting and that's why we keep coming back. Stop with this it's "boring" crap and "this track suck". You're obviously not watching enough races when you say that, nor have you watched a race before 5-10 years ago. You want to see boring races, try watching 1970's races. You want to talk about two of the most boring races ever, the 1976 Daytona 500 (Petty-Pearson wreck) and the 1979 Daytona 500 (the punch). These are complete snorefests. We've been conditioned by ESPN that sports are exciting when we see two highlights. It's actually the opposite, they are quite boring and then you have that one moment.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from the Brickyard...

1. Newman

2. Johnson

3. Khane

4. Stewart

5. Kenseth

6. Earnhardt Jr.

7. Gordon

8. Logano

9. Montoya

10. Ky Busch

Well, it truly is a big deal for the Rushville Rocket, winning the home race is always special. Hopefully this will help him find a car next season. Back to the triangle next week.

baltimoreravens.png

I sort of agree with the boring races, but honestly, I do have my favorite tracks. My favorites are the short tracks, super speedways, and road courses. These are the tracks in which the racing gets better towards the end of the race. But my least favorite tracks are Pocono and New Hampshire,

but NH has had some Better racing as of late.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Sadly, I have to agree about the Brickyard, usually NASCAR has the tracks they love like Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond, Talladega, Bristol but yeah, I think Indy needs some help. Its one of my favorite tracks & I love the sprint cup race there.

I think I was reading somewhere that someone bounced the idea that they could put lights up at Indy and have the Brickyard 400 at night.

Same thing with Talladega, I think a night race at Talladega could be awesome.

It sounds like a good idea on paper (lights at the Brickyard), but putting into practice just doesn't sound right.

Please my god don't put lights in at the Brickyard. I'd much rather see $30,000,000 in kind-of-sort-of taxpayer money go to better renovating what we've got at IMS than adding a quick two or three year money grab to the track.

/NASCAR doesn't really belong at the Brickyard IMHO.

6fQjS3M.png

NASCAR does belong at the Brickyard, its a great legendary track. What NASCAR needs is one race per year at every track except Daytona and Taladega. Those are the only tracks that should get two races a year.

There should be less races. NASCAR is over saturated but do it by getting rid of duplicate races and get rid of non point races and :censored: like that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I agree with taking away the second races from most tracks, but I would like to see more tracks inserted in their place. I really feel there should be two more road courses and another short track added to the schedule. And save the second race for the tracks that get them for the chase.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond should keep their two races, as does Daytona, Talladega, and Charlotte. Do we need two in Texas? Kansas? Phoenix, okay maybe, because it's not a cookie-cutter 1.5 mile track.

Help refurbish North Wilkesboro! Take away the second Texas race

Help refurbish Nazareth - you know, that oval with 5! turns and elevation changes. Take away Pocono 2.

Add Road America. Why? Because everyone associated with the Nationwide race there has nothing but glowing words about it.

Also, have Nationwide return to IRP/ORP/LORP and out of IMS

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

NASCAR does belong at the Brickyard, its a great legendary track.

Sure it's a great legendary track but it's a great legendary track because of what's happened in terms of open-wheel racing there.

Obviously it's tough to make a comparison the other way—because everyone would die if you ever ran IndyCar at Daytona—but the way the track's set up at Indy doesn't lend itself well to exciting stock car racing.

Also, agreeing with the above poster in that moving the Nationwide races back to whatever they're calling IRP now would be a good move.

6fQjS3M.png

I agree with the 2 race thing. Add Dover, New Hampshire, and Michigan to that list. Also add Circuit of the Americas, that track is killer.

It would make 1 race tracks draw more fans because the big series races aren't as available.

From what I've been told, there hasn't been a bad word about COTA. All that needs to be done is one of the cookie cutters to give up a date and Austin gets the date. Two more road courses should be on the schedule with one of the 4 in the Chase.

NASCAR does belong at the Brickyard, its a great legendary track.

Sure it's a great legendary track but it's a great legendary track because of what's happened in terms of open-wheel racing there.

Obviously it's tough to make a comparison the other way—because everyone would die if you ever ran IndyCar at Daytona—but the way the track's set up at Indy doesn't lend itself well to exciting stock car racing.

Also, agreeing with the above poster in that moving the Nationwide races back to whatever they're calling IRP now would be a good move.

The official name is Lucas Oil Raceway, but everyone is now going back to calling it Indianapolis Raceway Park, even the officials LOL

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond should keep their two races, as does Daytona, Talladega, and Charlotte. Do we need two in Texas? Kansas? Phoenix, okay maybe, because it's not a cookie-cutter 1.5 mile track.

Help refurbish North Wilkesboro! Take away the second Texas race

Help refurbish Nazareth - you know, that oval with 5! turns and elevation changes. Take away Pocono 2.

Add Road America. Why? Because everyone associated with the Nationwide race there has nothing but glowing words about it.

Also, have Nationwide return to IRP/ORP/LORP and out of IMS

If you have not used Google Earth to look at Nazarath, please do. It is not worth the time or $$$.

It it hard to add a track to the Cup series, ask Dover about Gateway (St. Louis) and the Nashville Speedway which hosted NCWTS or the original owners Kentucky before SMI bought it and forced the trade.

I agree with the 2 race thing. Add Dover, New Hampshire, and Michigan to that list. Also add Circuit of the Americas, that track is killer.

It would make 1 race tracks draw more fans because the big series races aren't as available.

Through the publicly-owned ISC, the France family will still insure that their privately-owned series, NASCAR, will have over 50% of the series at the tracks controlled by the family thus the radio rights through MRN. The France family has 35% of the shares of ISC.

ISC has made errors, primarily the initial decision to make every Chicagoland Speedway package to for weekend (NCWTS/NNS/NSS) as opposed to just selling Sprint Cup series tix only, thus the secondary market was large. That said, they still do no want another Ferko suit.

The schedule tries to utilize the western tracks as they are since they not impacted by snow or cold, but since PIR/LVMS/Fontucky are still early off Christmas, the average American (no less a NASCAR fan) still may not have cash to spend on a race. It is as if they are telling fans you can either save up for The Chase, or save up for the start of the following year.

I always thought Nazareth Speedway was just a fake track EA Sports made on their NASCAR games.

I went there for Busch Qualifying with my grandfather one year. The Captain, Roger Penske did control the track a few years up until it closed.

If they could've gotten the Sprint Cup there, the track certainly would be in use today.

The tracks I'd like to see on the Sprint Cup circuit;

Iowa, Road America, Road Atlanta, completely refurbished North Wilkesboro and maybe Nazareth. At least I'd really like to see Iowa and North Wilkesboro.

I always thought Nazareth Speedway was just a fake track EA Sports made on their NASCAR games.

It's not like NASCAR 98 when pretty much all the road courses were made-up (excluding Sears Point, Suzuka and Watkins Glen).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Well, Pocono may not be my favorite track, but it was a good race today despite JJ's blown tire. Top Ten:

1. Kahne

2. Gordon

3. Kurt Busch

4. Newman (Free Bloomin Onion!)

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Keselowski

7. Logano

8. Kyle Busch

9. Stewart

10. Biffle

Next week: Watkins Glen. Thoughts on the race?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

That was a great race today. Wish Gordon could've held on for the win but it was pretty nice to see Kahne get it since he's had some good runs this year in which he got screwed towards the end. He got one hell of a run on Gordon to take the lead. I usually hate Pocono but, again, great race.

Great job by Johnson to end up in 13th, by the way. The man is amazing.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived