2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

I don't like the idea of a 3 car in the sprint cup that does not have the late Dale Earnhardt behind the wheel(not an Earnhardt fan, but I have always had tons of respect for the man). I also do not care for a bunch of no-name drivers wrecking the 43 car every single week and sullying the good name of Richard Petty. Yeah, its trivial and unimportant but it just rubs me the wrong way when I see iconic numbers that are associated with a great driver being represented by someone else.

I could be wrong, but Austin Dillon isn't someone that's going to be putting the "3" in the wall every week. I understand it's not the same seeing someone else drive an icon's car, but that's the way it goes. In ten years, you'll have someone else driving the "24" as well. Hell, one day you're gonna have someone driving the "88" and actually winning.

That's pretty much all I was saying. It's different and I know things change, but it's just going to be strange to see the 3 car and then realize that it's not Earnhardt anymore.

Breaks my heart to think that someone else will drive the 24 someday too. I am just sentimental about it is all.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chasegate fallout continues:

"After thorough consideration, NAPA has made the difficult decision to end its sponsorship arrangement with Michael Waltrip Racing effective December 31, 2013. NAPA believes in fair play and does not condone actions such as those that led to the penalties assessed by NASCAR. We remain supportive of the millions of NASCAR fans and will evaluate our future position in motorsports."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/NAPAKNOWHOW/posts/10151824551708213

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

This is huge. This could ruin MWR. This also means that they have to find a sponsor or sponsors who will make up or close to the 15 MILLION dollars worth of funding NAPA provided to Waltrip. If Michael doesn't get sponsorship for the 56 and maybe the other two teams if 5-hour and Aarons follow, he will have to start shutting down the teams one by one. It starts with the 56, which a closure would layoff 100+ people and would have Martin Truex Jr. looking for another place to race. In espn's article, they said of furniture Row Racing does go to Toyota, they could become a charter member of MWR with Truex behind the wheel of the 78. This is one silly Silly Season

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This is huge. This could ruin MWR. This also means that they have to find a sponsor or sponsors who will make up or close to the 15 MILLION dollars worth of funding NAPA provided to Waltrip. If Michael doesn't get sponsorship for the 56 and maybe the other two teams if 5-hour and Aarons follow, he will have to start shutting down the teams one by one. It starts with the 56, which a closure would layoff 100+ people and would have Martin Truex Jr. looking for another place to race. In espn's article, they said of furniture Row Racing does go to Toyota, they could become a charter member of MWR with Truex behind the wheel of the 78. This is one silly Silly Season

Why would Furniture Row leave an alliance with RCR and Chevrolet to go on their own to be with Toyota?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

There were rumors of Furniture Row switching manufacturers over the offseason, thus ending ties to RCR

I read that a few minutes ago, on ESPN. But people in the NASCAR know should be leary of Toyota: They have a hierarchy and do not treat everyone fairly.

Well, sadly I think we all knew this was coming & this is gonna hurt MWR. I don't think it will destroy them but they're gonna need some help soon. That's just one question, the next one is where will NAPA go to?

Only time will tell....

Aaron's staying. 5-Hour Energy is still looking at it.

Well, sadly I think we all knew this was coming & this is gonna hurt MWR. I don't think it will destroy them but they're gonna need some help soon. That's just one question, the next one is where will NAPA go to?

Only time will tell....

If I was Penske or Roush I'd be calling napa and asking.....

Agreed. I think Roush would be more likely though. I doubt this would happen, but I'd like to see Hendrick throw his hat in the ring to pick up some sponsorship for Jr. I think Nat Guard is scaling back some or they already did

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Agreed. I think Roush would be more likely though. I doubt this would happen, but I'd like to see Hendrick throw his hat in the ring to pick up some sponsorship for Jr. I think Nat Guard is scaling back some or they already did

Unless Hendrick stops the car quest deal doubt that happen, I'm thinking Penske for hornish jr......if Roush then what driver??

Waltrip: Truex is free to go....

http://www.racer.com/waltrip-truex-free-to-leave-team/article/312713/

Michael Waltrip says he will not stand in Martin Truex Jr.'s way should he wish to leave the team following the race-manipulation scandal and consequent sponsor pullout.

"If he came to me tomorrow and said, 'I got a deal to go do something,' then obviously I would not hold him back," Waltrip told reporters at New Hampshire Motor Speedway ahead of this weekend's race. "I owe him a lot for his loyalty and his passion for our team.

"I wouldn't hold him back from doing something he wanted to do, but I'd like him to hang around so we can attract a sponsor and keep him in our cars."

Waltrip admitted he was not surprised that NAPA chose to leave his team.

"They just felt like the events of the last 10 days had spiraled out of control a bit," he said. "They felt like what we were involved with and NASCAR penalized us for was more than they were comfortable dealing with, more than they were comfortable with accepting."

I got a feeling it's either going to be a 2 car team or he'll need help *cue the rumored Andretti buyer* :P

baltimoreravens.png

Michael Waltrip says he will not stand in Martin Truex Jr.'s way should he wish to leave the team following the race-manipulation scandal and consequent sponsor pullout.

"If he came to me tomorrow and said, 'I got a deal to go do something,' then obviously I would not hold him back," Waltrip told reporters at New Hampshire Motor Speedway ahead of this weekend's race. "I owe him a lot for his loyalty and his passion for our team.

"I wouldn't hold him back from doing something he wanted to do, but I'd like him to hang around so we can attract a sponsor and keep him in our cars."

"They just felt like the events of the last 10 days had spiraled out of control a bit," he said. "They felt like what we were involved with and NASCAR penalized us for was more than they were comfortable dealing with, more than they were comfortable with accepting."

I got a feeling it's either going to be a 2 car team or he'll need help *cue the rumored Andretti buyer* :P

With Andretti bringing Dodge with them, or...bringing SRT

With Andretti bringing Dodge with them, or...bringing SRT

My guess it'll be Dodge... & one of his drivers. Its always been a rumor that has refused to die, plus I would love to see Dodge back. IMO, had one of the better looking Gen 6 cars. Besides, its more plausible than RCR switching to Dodge, then again, anything can happen in NASCAR.

baltimoreravens.png

Aren't all the "Andretti to NASCAR with Dodge" rumors between 12-14 months old?

If Michael Andretti was unable to get IndyCar sponsorship for Juan Pablo, how is/was he going to be able to get NASCAR sponsorship even with Dodge/FIAT cash to start a team?

As for MWR, keep in mind that the #15 car did not have full 5 Hour Energy sponsorship this year. Team principle/co-owner, Rob Kauffman was sponsoring the #15 for some races, including the last Atlanta race.

Granted, Kauffman has the money since he sold 51.3M shares of Fortress, the company he helped create in December 2012 for a post-tax net of $152M, and he has over $100M still in investments with Fortress.

Dodge won't be back for a while if ever. NASCAR isn't in their marketing demographics, they are marketing to those who drive Darts. You can kill the Andretti rumors. As far as NAPA and Truex, what about both going to Furniture Row? Furniture Row is showing they are a very good team on the rise. This could be what they need for a 2nd car. Or NAPA could end up at Stewart-Haas to back Kurt Busch.

This is NASCAR, anything's possible. The Andretti/Dodge stories are now just rumors. Ralph Gilles, the guy that brought Viper back and to Le Mans, is pro-racing anything! The SRT brand, and that's what it is, is always looking to return to NASCAR. The Dart is being marketed to the X-Games Generation, but not the Viper, not the Charger, Challenger and the much rumored SRT Barracuda.

Archived