2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

With Miller Lite releasing a new white can sometime in January, Brad Keselowski will run this incredibly awesome white paint scheme for what looks like at least the Sprint Unlimited (credit: Jayski.com)

2millerlite-white-nose.jpg

2millerlite-white-side.jpg

While I am against beer (no one in my family drinks), I absolutely love this paint scheme. It may be my favorite ever.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SN: I love the new paint scheme for Kes, I just wish for one night MGD would come back so we can see "Midnight" ride again.

Now the results from Phoenix:

1. Harvick

2. Khane

3. Johnson

4. Earnhardt Jr.

5. Kurt Bsuch

6. Montoya

7. Kyle Busch

8. Truex Jr.

9. Logano

10. Newman

Not gonna lie, I felt bad for Carl running out of gas. He had a really good car that race & Kenseth just had an awful day with Jimmie now having a 30 point lead. I'd say he has championship #6 on his way. Next stop, the finale @ Homestead then we bid adieu to the 2013 season.

In other news, it looks like Mark is finally going to retire, he has no racing plans after this season.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9948287/mark-martin-no-plans-race-year

baltimoreravens.png

I like Carl Edwards and felt pretty bad for him too. But my wife is a Harvick fan, and I'm a Jeff Gordon fan and Hendrick Motorsports so with his misfortune helping both Harvick to victory lane and JJ get another point up on Kenseth, we weren't too upset by it.

Looks like Johnson's pretty much got this one in the bag.

IUe6Hvh.png

1) It'll be weird not seeing Mark race at all. I know he has been running part time in the past few years, but that's different. At least then you knew that he would be racing again next week. It's been a great career though. Hope he enjoys his retirement. He deserves it.

2). Next week is the saddest weekend for me. even after JJ won 5 titles in a row and Jeff winning Homestead last year, I don't care if Hendrick end up 1-2-3-4 next week, There is still that gap in my Sunday afternoons that will bother me. Yeah, the NFL is on, but it's just not the same. At least during the NASCAR season, I have an excuse to hog the TV all afternoon.

3. On a different note, while scrolling through Jayski, I came across two articles that seemed interesting. The first was a "what if?" from another website, saying what would've happened if the chase began in 1975 instead of 2004? Dale Sr. would be a 4-time champ, Gordon a 3-time champ, Harry Gant would've won 2-3 times, Sterling Marlin would be a cup Champion in 2001 instead of Jeff, and above all KYLE PETTY wouldve won the 92 championship instead of Kulwicki. Really interesting. The other article is about Kyle Petty as well. It pretty much just says that Kyle is thinking about running for a seat in the NC Congress for 2014. HAHAHAHAHA no.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1) It'll be weird not seeing Mark race at all. I know he has been running part time in the past few years, but that's different. At least then you knew that he would be racing again next week. It's been a great career though. Hope he enjoys his retirement. He deserves it.

2). Next week is the saddest weekend for me. even after JJ won 5 titles in a row and Jeff winning Homestead last year, I don't care if Hendrick end up 1-2-3-4 next week, There is still that gap in my Sunday afternoons that will bother me. Yeah, the NFL is on, but it's just not the same. At least during the NASCAR season, I have an excuse to hog the TV all afternoon.

3. On a different note, while scrolling through Jayski, I came across two articles that seemed interesting. The first was a "what if?" from another website, saying what would've happened if the chase began in 1975 instead of 2004? Dale Sr. would be a 4-time champ, Gordon a 3-time champ, Harry Gant would've won 2-3 times, Sterling Marlin would be a cup Champion in 2001 instead of Jeff, and above all KYLE PETTY wouldve won the 92 championship instead of Kulwicki. Really interesting. The other article is about Kyle Petty as well. It pretty much just says that Kyle is thinking about running for a seat in the NC Congress for 2014. HAHAHAHAHA no.

I'm with you: He should stay out of politics. He has NO filter. He does NOT bs well.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Sad news coming from the Trevor Bayne camp. Trevor, the winner of the 2011 Daytona 500, has been diagnosed with MS. Doctors and NASCAR have cleared Trevor to race.

Also, Travis Pastrana will not return to NASCAR after Miami. Can't say I'll miss him though. Just one less wrecked car in the NNS races.

Sad news coming from the Trevor Bayne camp. Trevor, the winner of the 2011 Daytona 500, has been diagnosed with MS. Doctors and NASCAR have cleared Trevor to race.

Also, Travis Pastrana will not return to NASCAR after Miami. Can't say I'll miss him though. Just one less wrecked car in the NNS races.

It's sad about Trevor.

NASCAR fans will miss Travis' openness and complete honesty. Hopefully he'll run Reed Bull Global Rallycross next season.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Jayski won't let me copy the picture, but an interesting paint scheme, particularly the hood. Here's the link:

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2014/story/_/page/2014-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-24-Team-Schemes

The "D" in "Drive to End Hunger" is the only thing on the hood... but it's parallel with the numbers on the roof of the car. I showed it to my mom and she said "Well, ya, that way it fits on the hood." I don't think she gets it. With that, every company logo that's been placed on the hood of race car has fit on said car's hood except any car with M&M's but that is apart of the car's entire design.

I'm not sure I like it.

Jayski won't let me copy the picture, but an interesting paint scheme, particularly the hood. Here's the link:

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2014/story/_/page/2014-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-24-Team-Schemes

The "D" in "Drive to End Hunger" is the only thing on the hood... but it's parallel with the numbers on the roof of the car. I showed it to my mom and she said "Well, ya, that way it fits on the hood." I don't think she gets it. With that, every company logo that's been placed on the hood of race car has fit on said car's hood except any car with M&M's but that is apart of the car's entire design.

I'm not sure I like it.

24drivetoendhunger-dtehfb.jpg

I like it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yet another Nationwide driver is making the step up to the Sprint Cup Series. Michael Annett, driver of the #43 Richard Petty Motorsports NNS ride, will make the jump up to the Sprint Cup Series to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing. He joins Austin Dillon, Kyle Larson, and possibly Justin Allgaier as current Nationwide drivers to make the jump (I guess you could count Vickers, but he's been there, done that, before). Corey LaJoie is rumored to be Annett's replacement.

This seems to be the most movement amongst teams and drivers that I can remember. The following drivers will be moving to a new team, making the jump, or leaving the sport entirely:

Kurt Busch

Ryan Newman

Jeff Burton

Kevin Harvick

Austin Dillon

Ty Dillon (from Trucks to NNS)

Michael Annett

Kyle Larson

Travis Pastrana (leaving NNS)

Juan Pablo Montoya

Martin Truex Jr.

Mark Martin

Brian Vickers (was with MWR part-time, making the full-time jump)

and possibly Justin Allgaier (rumored to race the 51 full-time)

that's 13 confirmed drivers and a potential jumper for next season.

Is his sponsor going with him???

Not Pilot Flying J. One of the sponsors he's had is going with him though, but I'm not sure what it is. I didn't hear what it was, but I think it's the sponsor he has this weekend @ Homestead. That would've been huge for Tommy Baldwin if Pilot did go with him. They did have Golden Corral which I still think they do but I haven't seen them on the car in awhile.

UPDATE: From what ive seen, this will be Mark Martin's final race. I could see him being a guy where if someone desperately needs a driver, he's there for them

I'm not saying the NASCAR-Travis Pastrana experiment was a failure, but at least he performed better (albeit in better equipment) then fellow extreme sport star Ricky Carmichael.

NASCAR is still going to go after the market they tried to tap into with Pastrana and Carmichael, they just need to find a guy who can translate the success he had in the extreme sports circuit into NASCAR.

But for NASCAR, they've struck out twice.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

While I do agree with most here that Jimmie Johnson is an athlete, but I don't think telling Donovan McNabb how many championships Johnson has won makes him more of an athlete than Donovan thinks. Apparently some guy named Nigel Richards has won 5 of the last 6 National Scrabble Championships, but I'm not going to say he's a better athlete than Peyton Manning because he has more championships.

Another thing I don't agree with (and it's something they all seemed to say), was that NASCAR is an individual sport. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me on this, but I think it's a team sport just like baseball or football. The pit crew, to me, is just like an offensive line, and crew chief like a head coach, and the driver's like the quarterback.

Also, Jimmie Johnson is in better physical shape than Donovan McNabb ever was

Archived