2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

I hope something happens where it's back to the two car tandom at the superspeedways. They were much more exciting, though this was a good race. I was actually hoping that they'd let them go to the line. Jr may have won then. Congrats To jamie, he deserves it, and JJ takes the point lead. Things are getting good

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time in more than a decade, the #43 will not be in the field. Instead, Aric Almirola will drive the #41, a tribute to Maurice Petty, a soon to be HoFer.

Speaking of Petty Enterprises, Crew Chief Todd Parrott has been released from the team after violating NASCAR's substance abuse policy.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s 2014 National Guard Scheme, planned to be used for 20 races next season:

88nationalguard-diecast.jpg

(Credit: Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site)

The Gold numbers are not 'just because', as a bunch of followers of the NASCAR Memes Facebook page have said. Comments on the release by the fans sa that they wanted red or blue numbers. Nascar Memes later posted that the gold numbers - and the whole scheme in general - are a tribute to Dale's dad, Dale Sr. Sr. ran a car early in his career (#77 or something) that had almost the exact same paint scheme, including the gold numbers. This is no coincidence (Source: Nascar Memes on Facebook)

Personally I like it. Other new paint schemes include Danica with Aspen Dental, Jimmie Johnson's white Lowes car, rumored to be the new primary car, Brian Vickers with a purple and white car with random yellow numbers. Link to the new cars: http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/story/_/page/2014-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Series-Paint-Schemes I feel Like I should just start a thread with these cars in the Sports Logos forum

History was made in the truck race today. Darrell Wallace Jr. won the race. This is the first time an African American won a truck race & the first time since 1963 that an African American won a NASCAR event since Wendell Scott, Congrats "Bubba"

baltimoreravens.png

It's taken a while for NASCAR's "Diversity Program" to get its feet off the ground. But the future is bright with guys like Kyle Larson (Japanese-American) and Darrell Wallace Jr. (African-American) carrying the banner for the sport.

The future ain't nothing, until they do something. Remember the guy called "Sliced Bread", more commonly known now as "Stale-Moldy Bread"? Congrats to Darrell for winning, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Results from Martinsville

1. Gordon

2. Kenseth

3. Bowyer

4. Keselowski

5. Johnson

6. Harvick

7. Hamiln

8. Earnhardt Jr.

9. Biffle

10.McMurray

Gordon finally got a win & Chevrolet won the manufactures championship. Kenseth & Johnson are tied. This is gonna get interesting going into Texas next week.

baltimoreravens.png

I love it when Gordon wins. This win is just a little sweeter just like last year's Homestead win because of the struggles he has faced early in the year. I hate it that Jimmie had a bad day (compared to other days at Martinsville). I mean, overall it was an ok kind of day, but I think he knows he should've done better. Now we're all tied up. I honestly thought if Gordon didn't win today, I thought he was gonna win at either Texas or Homestead. Now he's got momentum heading into the Lonestar State looking for his second pair of pistols and another cowboy hat.

Let's have a look at Harvick for a second. Despite his apology to the Dillon boys, he still kind of made it awkward for the team (and the whole organization in general) when, after the NCWTS race @ Martinsville, he said "This is the reason why I'm leaving RCR at the end of the year." If he said that at Homestead, I wouldn't have paid that much of attention to it. But since this is only Martinsville with 3 weeks to go, he might have just ended it early for them. It's really gonna be awkward if he wins and wants to celebrate with his team.

My excitement in this race is slowly building, but I'm expecting to be let down

I know the feeling. This is the first weekend I've had to work in, like, two years (deployments aside)... glad Jeff won but very bitter that the one race I miss all season is the one he wins.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's taken a while for NASCAR's "Diversity Program" to get its feet off the ground. But the future is bright with guys like Kyle Larson (Japanese-American) and Darrell Wallace Jr. (African-American) carrying the banner for the sport.

The future ain't nothing, until they do something. Remember the guy called "Sliced Bread", more commonly known now as "Stale-Moldy Bread"? Congrats to Darrell for winning, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Logano was on his own, but Bubba Wallace has MANY young drivers along with him: Kyle Larson, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Corey Lajoie.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2013/10/Brian-France-Discusses-Racing-And-Manufacturers.aspx

NASCAR Chairman Brian France reiterated the sanctioning body’s desire to improve the racing next season at the 1.5-mile tracks, and he believes the sport will add a new manufacturer in the future. France made those comments during an appearance Tuesday on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio’s “Sirius Speedway.’’

France did not give a timetable for when a new manufacturer would enter the sport, joining Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota.

“The U.S. is the largest car market in the world,’’ France said. “We’ll always be a critical market. My sense is at some point we’ll be welcoming a new manufacturer in and we’ll be happy to do that.’’

Let the speculation commence, could Dodge return or could we see Honda, Hyundai/Kia, Volksawgen, Nissan join in?

baltimoreravens.png

NASCAR execs are totally stuck in the past since China is the largest car market and has been since 2009 and they give every new manufacturer basically zero reason to enter their program unless some rules are amended. Pushrod engines, outdated fuel injection systems no one used after the 80's, solid rear axles (over IRS), stunted engine designs, no electronics. etc etc.. What kills me is they make changes to the way the car looks and drives without any concern for keeping things stock, yet technologically they demand the cars remain as though they are still having Studebakers in the field.

Nissan got into V8 supercars with M-B since they could use DOHC engings, while Ford and GM/Holden still used pushrods. And as a whole, Nissan's racing end really has not been anything to brag on the engineering side since Paul Newman was racing with them over 20 years ago.

JJ flat out dominated this race. I say Matt lost the chase after that speeding call. Sucks that Gordon went back to what he used to do at Texas: suck. I thought he was over that. Its now clearly a two man race with only 7 points separating JJ and Matt.

Results from Texas:

1. Johnson

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Logano

4. Kenseth

5. Khane

6. Keselowski

7. Hamlin

8. Harvick

9. Newman

10. Bowyer

Johnson is the points leader going into phoenix, 2 races to go. Unless something happens drastically, I think most people will call him Mr. 6 pack...

baltimoreravens.png

Archived