2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There are only three sports; bullfighting, motor racing and mountain climbing. The rest are just games." ~ Ernest Hemingway.

An athlete is someone who competes in a league under a sanctioning body. NASCAR is a league and has its own sanctioning body.

It's kind of subjective if a driver is considered an athlete but more times then not, these guys train as hard as football players do to get into shape to do what they do every Sunday from February to November.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

This morning, McNabb Tweeted that we lookup the definition of athlete. I sent him this: a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise. I told him JJ fits the first part perfectly, he not so much. I was blocked almost immediately

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Is his sponsor going with him???

Not Pilot Flying J.

Forget this. I was wrong. I guess I misunderstood JR Smith from NASCAR's NNS Practice coverage yesterday. Here is the proof:

7flyingj-layout.jpg

(source: Jayski)

The only thing that kills it for me is the # font. Ugly as heck. That's the only thing I can complain about this. Best of luck to him and the new wave of rookies entering 2014.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Homestead...

1. Hamiln

2. Kenseth

3. Earnhardt Jr.

4. Truex Jr.

5. Bowyer

6. Kyle Busch

7. Keselowski

8. Johnson

9. Logano

10. Harvick

Say hello to Mr. 6 pack, he did it again, who knows at this rate, he may tie the record for the most championships or even break it. Congrats to Jimmie but also congrats to Austin Dillon for winning the Nationwide title & Matt Crofton for winning the Camping World truck series...

See you all at Daytona.

baltimoreravens.png

Well as to no surprise... Ricky Stenhouse Jr. is your rookie of the year & Sam Hornish Jr. & Penske part ways...

via Jayski...

Sam Hornish Jr. drove his final race for Roger Penske when he finished 12th in the Nationwide Series season finale Saturday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Hornish came up three points shy of going out with a championship.

Hornish hasn't even hinted about his future, only saying he'd rather be a NASCAR test driver than an IndyCar regular. "There's a lot of uncertainty at this point in time, but I feel as if we'll be able to make something happen," Hornish said. "But, like I've said in the past, it's all about trying to position me to move forward in some way.

It sucks to see that happen, but I think even if he won the championship, he still wouldn't be driving with Penske

also what to expect next season...

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/2014-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Team-Driver-Chart

baltimoreravens.png

http://static.nascar.com/content/dam/nascar/articles/2013/11/20/main/KuBu-main.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/KuBu-main.jpg.main.mob.png

New Paint Scheme for Kurt Busch. Looks good. The circus that is Stewart Haas Racing can now begin. Should I start an offseason thread or something?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

http://static.nascar.com/content/dam/nascar/articles/2013/11/20/main/KuBu-main.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/KuBu-main.jpg.main.mob.png

New Paint Scheme for Kurt Busch. Looks good. The circus that is Stewart Haas Racing can now begin. Should I start an offseason thread or something?

I guess, but I think this thread could also serve as the Offseason Discussion thread until Daytona Winter Testing early next year.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Silly season is pretty much the only NASCAR I pay attention to anymore. I really don't care about the Sprint Cup series in the least anymore, but I will watch the Nationwide and Trucks on occassion, especially road courses (and Eldora if they do that again).

I hope Richard Childress does the right thing and keeps the #3 inactive in the Spring Cup series. Austin Dillon won't even come close to the level of talent, success, or the legacy that Dale Earnhardt had with that number, and in honor of him it deserves to stay "retired".

Silly season is pretty much the only NASCAR I pay attention to anymore. I really don't care about the Sprint Cup series in the least anymore, but I will watch the Nationwide and Trucks on occassion, especially road courses (and Eldora if they do that again).

I hope Richard Childress does the right thing and keeps the #3 inactive in the Spring Cup series. Austin Dillon won't even come close to the level of talent, success, or the legacy that Dale Earnhardt had with that number, and in honor of him it deserves to stay "retired".

If the #43 isn't retired, the #3 shouldn't.

I'll hold off on making a new thread. Maybe mid-January I will make one.

Anyway, some new cars have been released:

As mentioned before, and for those who have yet to see it, here is Kurt Busch's new car:

41haascnc-diecast.jpg

Ricky Stenhouse Jr.'s NOS Energy Ford:

17nos-diecast.jpg

Dale Jr.'s Diet Dew Chevy:

88diet-mtn-dew-diecast.jpg

Not much difference with this one.

If the #43 isn't retired, the #3 shouldn't.

Exactly. It's extremely unfortunate what happened with Earnhardt, but his number shouldn't be retired because of it. I think if anyone should bring it back, it should be Dillon.

In 1993, reigning Cup champ Alan Kulwicki died before the April Bristol race. No one mentioned retiring his number, mostly because he was considered by most Southern fans an outsider: He was from Wisconsin, he was Roman Catholic and college educated. I don't see how if his #7 wasn't how the #3 can

In 1993, reigning Cup champ Alan Kulwicki died before the April Bristol race. No one mentioned retiring his number, mostly because he was considered by most Southern fans an outsider: He was from Wisconsin, he was Roman Catholic and college educated. I don't see how if his #7 wasn't how the #3 can

Didn't Geoffrey Bodine snatch up the #7 almost immediately thereafter when he wanted to operate his own team?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Didn't Geoffrey Bodine snatch up the #7 almost immediately thereafter when he wanted to operate his own team?

Yes, but he could have just used another number, if NASCAR had deemed they wanted to retire it. Remember, owners and/or drivers do not own the numbers, NASCAR does.

JTG-Daughtery Racing will be switching to Chevrolet for 2014, becoming a satellite team for Richard Childress Racing.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20131125b

This was rumored to possibly happen, and now it's official.

Good for them. Hopefully they'll be more competitive this year.

Archived