Am I missing that much with NHL 11 instead of NHL 13?

BadSeed84

I got it pretty cheap new at the end of the summer at sears, been enjoying it.

I usually never pay 60 bucks for a sports game (well not counting wwe). Is the gameplay that different in nhl13? Am I missing out on anything?

I don't care if the rosters aren't up to date, really I just started a season mode, and thats probably the only mode I am doing.

I really enjoy it, as the last nhl game I had was 2004.

There are actually websites out there with new modes for NHL 2004. It's really quite something, even if the notebook I'm using write now, for whatever reason, cannot use the program*. Eventually, I'll eBay the later NHL games, but it's really not a bad (and free!) way to stretch the value of a phenomenal game.

*by the way, might anyone know why the hell that is? I could swear that it used to work for a brief while, and I have a strange feeling the software I downloaded to play Sonic games online is when NHL became wonky. Can internet software have an adverse effect on program installations? I'm asking more for a little education, because regardless the answer, the Sonic games are staying.

spacer.png

If you don't own an HD television (or is your system isn't hooked up to your HD TV) then don't purchase 12 or 13. The game doesn't run properly outside of Winter Classic mode and I pull my hair out everytime I hope it'll be different.

untitled-6.jpg

There are actually websites out there with new modes for NHL 2004. It's really quite something, even if the notebook I'm using write now, for whatever reason, cannot use the program*. Eventually, I'll eBay the later NHL games, but it's really not a bad (and free!) way to stretch the value of a phenomenal game.

*by the way, might anyone know why the hell that is? I could swear that it used to work for a brief while, and I have a strange feeling the software I downloaded to play Sonic games online is when NHL became wonky. Can internet software have an adverse effect on program installations? I'm asking more for a little education, because regardless the answer, the Sonic games are staying.

NHL 04 was phenomenal, sans for a few glitches. Most notably in the season mode, where fluke goals were the norm every game. NHL 2002 was pretty great, and obviously NHL 97 before that. The newer games, I just cannot get into. Seems like there's a control button for everything, sans wiping the steam off of the players face shield.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I like NHL 94/95 for nostalgic reasons but I think they are the most overrated games of all time. There are three glitches where you score every time. Triple deke, wrap around, sharp angle to the corner. I score a goal within 15 seconds of being in the zone every time.

Give me NHL 98 on the SNES anytime, especially the music playing when you win the Stanley Cup (although in that same presentation, the whole hoisting thing looks like you're smashing the Cup to the ice). Also, I think they're one of the last games to have the Maple Leafs in the West, though I have to go back and look.

But about the only glitchy downside is crashing intentionally on the goalie, which slithers the puck in the net, which can be either useful of irritating in shootout mode.

The last NHL game I bought was NHL 11 as well. I bought it because it had the CHL for the first time and since then I haven't bothered to buy another game. I just don't think that there has been enough updates to justify spending the money. I have the same problem with the Madden series. I bought Madden 12 and that was the first one I bought since 09.

I think that it's getting to the point that it's unnecessary to buy these games every year just for a roster update.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

As far as older games go, NHL 1994 is pretty much the tops. And the nostalgia value of seeing Winnipeg (1.0), Quebec City, and Hartford in the league is amazing. But it's pretty hard to play that game these days, for shame.

Isn't it NHL 2004 for PS2 that has 1994 included? Plays just like the Genesis version I had, although some of the features are limited. Whatever version it is, that's the one I was playing for years before picking up '08 or '09, whichever one added the AHL teams. I tend to find one I like (used) and stick with it. Back in the day I'd buy them new every year. I'm digging around for the "final" PS2 versions of my favorite sports games now, just to have them, since I don't intend to upgrade again.

But I just downloaded Nintendo Ice Hockey on the Wii, so my video gaming is regressing now. Tecmo Bowl, Double Dribble, Baseball...

The last NHL game i bought was nhl 2k11. I traded in 2011 by EA and got the 2k version which i thoroughly enjoyed better. My personal favorite was nhl 2002 for the PC. I spent a good deal of time on Cyber-NHL, DMD, thunderpuck, NHLdepot just modding it.

Good times, I'll always remember "David Puddy's Gameclock Selector" one of cooolest things ever to have matching graphics too the clubs you played when you were on the road. Why EA doesn't pay a little to get the rights to do that is beyond me. It's free advetising for the networks.

untitled-6.jpg

The last NHL game i bought was nhl 2k11. I traded in 2011 by EA and got the 2k version which i thoroughly enjoyed better. My personal favorite was nhl 2002 for the PC. I spent a good deal of time on Cyber-NHL, DMD, thunderpuck, NHLdepot just modding it.

Good times, I'll always remember "David Puddy's Gameclock Selector" one of cooolest things ever to have matching graphics too the clubs you played when you were on the road. Why EA doesn't pay a little to get the rights to do that is beyond me. It's free advetising for the networks.

I remember that! Hell I remember Blomman's(sp?) roster editor. I could keep the roster about as up to date as i wanted to. At one point I had the game more up to date on rosters than some of the newer games that came out. Especially when I remember catching on to EA releasing the same game with slightly better graphics, and somewhat update rosters.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived