NCAA Basketball Conference Tournamnents

bucknut40

So it's that time of year again. I am a huge follower of the conference tournaments. You learn so much about different conferences and schools. Since this board has so many different people representing a wide variety of colleges, Im wondering who all will be attending there schools conference tournament. Where at and who are you representing. I will be attending the Horizon League Tournament over the weekend, hoping Wright State wins friday

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My alma mater is a MAAC school, but I'm in Florida so I won't be attending but I will be tuning in to watch. I love this time of year, like you say it's a great chance to watch teams from conferences you normally don't get to see. Here is the MAAC bracket just because:

625417_10151461174058770_42806984_n.jpg

niagaraq.png

Why is the MAAC, which doesn't even have a school in Massachusetts, holding its tournament in Springfield? That would be like the ACC holding its tournament in Indianapolis.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Why is the MAAC, which doesn't even have a school in Massachusetts, holding its tournament in Springfield? That would be like the ACC holding its tournament in Indianapolis.

Presumably all the decent (and less than decent) NYC arenas are booked.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Presumably all the decent (and less than decent) NYC arenas are booked.

Not really since the MAAC tournament was a staple event for Albany; large venue (Times Union Center) but seen as a home court for Albany. They even held the 2011 tournament in Bridgeport's Webster Bank Arena, where Fairfield plays.

In 2009, the conference approved to move the tournament from Albany to Springfield from 2012-2014.

En route as we speak to the Big South Conference tourney in Conway, SC. Hosted by Coastal Carolina, who promptly decided they'd rather watch the rest of the tournament from the couch, losing to Liberty last night. :D Winthrop plays Charleston Southern tomorrow at noon, and I'll be here for as long as my Eagles are in it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

En route as we speak to the Big South Conference tourney in Conway, SC. Hosted by Coastal Carolina, who promptly decided they'd rather watch the rest of the tournament from the couch, losing to Liberty last night. :D Winthrop plays Charleston Southern tomorrow at noon, and I'll be here for as long as my Eagles are in it.

I am probably thinking of somewhere else but I always thought Coastal Carolina had the smallest gym in D1 is that true?

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

A-Sun Tourney is in full-swing. My alma Mater NKU can't play in postseason tournaments yet, as they're in their first year of D1, so I'm hopping on the USC-Upstate bandwagon, and they play tonight at 8:30.

Though VMI finished under .500, I'm still holding out hope that they can advance in the Big South Tournament. If they can shoot well, they'll score 90+. BUt hey've had some bad offensive games this year, and that could flare up again.

I will be attending the Horizon League Tournament over the weekend, hoping Wright State wins friday

First time in awhile I will NOT be attending the HL tourney. In most past years, Milwaukee has either had home games or played one of the Chicagoland schools on the road. This year has been so much of a waste that I didn't even want to go even though we were only playing at Green Bay.

I will be attending the Horizon League Tournament over the weekend, hoping Wright State wins friday

First time in awhile I will NOT be attending the HL tourney. In most past years, Milwaukee has either had home games or played one of the Chicagoland schools on the road. This year has been so much of a waste that I don't even want to go even though we're only playing at Green Bay.

It was a rough year for Milwaukee. But your not missing out on much, I hate Valpos gym. I went when Wright State played them in the regular season and it took 20 minutes just to get through will call

Though VMI finished under .500, I'm still holding out hope that they can advance in the Big South Tournament. If they can shoot well, they'll score 90+. BUt hey've had some bad offensive games this year, and that could flare up again.

Wright State put up 90 on them this year and they only scored 50. I knew there big time shooting history so I was very surprised

#RaiderUp

First time in awhile I will NOT be attending the HL tourney. In most past years, Milwaukee has either had home games or played one of the Chicagoland schools on the road. This year has been so much of a waste that I don't even want to go even though we're only playing at Green Bay.

It was a rough year for Milwaukee. But your not missing out on much, I hate Valpos gym. I went when Wright State played them in the regular season and it took 20 minutes just to get through will call

...and now Milwaukee plays at an even worse venue than Valpo. The biggest reason this season was such a dud is because our senile interim AD made a snap decision to move us out of the old MECCA and into our crappy on-campus gym (that wasn't even all that great when it was built in 1974) where they won't even serve beer... a move that only succeeded in demoralizing the players and pissing off the fans.

Now wonder Milwaukee had a crappy year... Well, that and the bad team. Not like you're missing much because Valpo's use of brown and yellow makes me think of pee and poop.

Talent-wise, I think they're one of the better teams in the Horizon, but who the hell can play to their potential given what our athletic department's "leadership" put them through? A lot of our guys are JUCO transfers who thought they'd be playing the remainder of their college career at a classic NBA arena, but were given a glorified high school gym instead.

...and now Milwaukee plays at an even worse venue than Valpo. The biggest reason this season was such a dud is because our senile interim AD made a snap decision to move us out of the old MECCA and into our crappy on-campus gym (that wasn't even all that great when it was built in 1974) where they won't even serve beer... a move that only succeeded in demoralizing the players and pissing off the fans.

I didn't understand that move either. I loved US Cellular, didn't go up to Milwaukee this year but from what I saw on tv, it looked awful

#RaiderUp

Archived