Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an win for the team from Long Island!

Also, I know everyone is going to be pissed, it looks like you will get Randy and Drew again for the SJ-VAN game 2.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Give it to the Isles, they fought like hell, but not without at least a little help from the Pens. And of course game three is a midday road game, which the Pens usually manage to blow.

Put them back in their place, boys.

oBIgzrL.png

Quite refreshing to see Fleury return to postseason form! Great job by the Isles.

Can't wait to see how the Coliseum turns out on Sunday.

What an win for the team from Long Island!

Also, I know everyone is going to be pissed, it looks like you will get Randy and Drew again for the SJ-VAN game 2.

Oh I have no doubt we're getting them all series. Maybe (mayyyyyyybe) we get an NBCSN crew if that series goes 6/7 and the other series wrap up decently quick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I just realized that the last 4 times they've been in the playoffs(including tonight), the Islanders have been the 8 seed and lost Game 1, but won Game 2. The last 3 times they've lost the rest of the games. Can't wait to see if they can win another one this series.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I just realized that the last 4 times they've been in the playoffs(including tonight), the Islanders have been the 8 seed and lost Game 1, but won Game 2. The last 3 times they've lost the rest of the games. Can't wait to see if they can win another one this series.

Nikolai Khabibulin was absolutely fricken' nuts against them in the 2004 playoff series. The first four games were all shutout decisions, and Khabibulin helped guide the Lightning to three of those.

Yeah, 2003 against Ottawa, 2004 against Tampa Bay, and 2007 against Buffalo all followed similar paths. It's hard to believe New York has lost their last six home playoff games. Their last home victory was Game 6 of their first round series in 2002 against Toronto.

spacer.png

Quite refreshing to see Fleury return to postseason form! Great job by the Isles.

Can't wait to see how the Coliseum turns out on Sunday.

I know he got a shutout in Game 1, but he still looked shaky that day (to me, anyway...though I admit I'm no hockey expert). A few too many juicy rebounds and awkward-looking saves in the win. Maybe the Isles were too nervous in their playoff debut to take advantage.

So the Isles get their 1st playoff win before the defending Cup champs do? FML.*

*not as a disservice to New York's marvelous win tonight, but it's a point I'm making of the Kings being down 2-0 to St. Louis

Could just be some regression as well.

I mean, I'll be the first one to mention the 10-1 stat, but the Kings are that demonstrably better than St. Louis, to continue to beat them like a drum as they were. And, as it was, the Blues won on a goaltender flub and a last minute goal. Los Angeles is far from out of this. Best home record in the NHL this season, now it's up to them to justify that.

EDIT - der, "aren't that demonstrably better". If this hadn't already been quoted, I could just pretend that typo never happened.

spacer.png

So the Isles get their 1st playoff win before the defending Cup champs do? FML.*

*not as a disservice to New York's marvelous win tonight, but it's a point I'm making of the Kings being down 2-0 to St. Louis

Could just be some regression as well.

I mean, I'll be the first one to mention the 10-1 stat, but the Kings are that demonstrably better than St. Louis, to continue to beat them like a drum as they were. And, as it was, the Blues won on a goaltender flub and a last minute goal. Los Angeles is far from out of this. Best home record in the NHL this season, now it's up to them to justify that.

I know. I pointed this out yesterday. These last two games were what we all expected of this series, but it's been the Blues with the more clutch plays and the Kings being the nervous ones, a flip-switch of last year's games. From Elliott's maturity against LA's breakaways to the Blues using Sutter's size-alerting defense against the Kings, it's plausible seeing the Blues coming up with the bag of tricks at the end of Games 1 and 2. But with an 81% point-accumulation rate at home this season for the Kings (19-4-1 at Staples Center), it's up to the Blues if they want to fly back to Missouri on Tuesday with a 4-0 sweep, a Game 5 series close-out opportunity, or a best 2-of-3 series. Here's hoping it's the last option.

Haha, CSN California just cut to some doofus named, seriously, Brodie Brazil to openly muse about how Vancouver's media is so mean to the Canucks, ripping headlines from their newspapers about how people are dissatisfied with the team. It's so cute for the Sharks to step outside of their neverending circlejerk and examine how sometimes people actually do get annoyed with their team choking.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived