Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWRIGHT FOR ALL YOU YOUNG HOCKEY PLAYERS OUT DERE NOW LOOK HERE IF YOU TRY TO COVER FOR A CREEPY LITTLE BALD GUY YOU'RE REALLY GONNA FIND YERSELF IN A BAD SPAAAHHHT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, I certainly can't say this Ducks-Wings series hasn't been fun to watch so far.

I like to think Anaheim's scoring depth and Jonas Hiller are their strongest points, although it looks like the big guns struggled to achieve anything in Game 4. I'm watching the condensed game as I type this, and it's frustrating to see Perry come *this close* to putting the Ducks up 2-0 in the second, only to miss because he shot it just a bit too high.

Oh well, :censored: happens and this series is far from over.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Well, I certainly can't say this Ducks-Wings series hasn't been fun to watch so far.

I like to think Anaheim's scoring depth and Jonas Hiller are their strongest points, although it looks like the big guns struggled to achieve anything in Game 4. I'm watching the condensed game as I type this, and it's frustrating to see Perry come *this close* to putting the Ducks up 2-0 in the second, only to miss because he shot it just a bit too high.

Perry needs to show up. He's been flat out invisible for the last 3 weeks and a non-factor so far in this series. Bobby Ryan at least scored the game-tying goal in Game 2, but he's been almost as much a non-factor as Perry. Getzlaf is the only one of the big 3 that has been there (far and away the team's MVP and without a doubt the leader of this club at this point).

Having guys like Beleskey, Steckel, Etem, Bonino, etc. score has been fantastic and obviously depth is vital to any contending team, but the big guns need to show up, and immediately. You could probably say the same about Detroit with Datsyuk finally getting on the board last night. I think whoever's stars show up first (Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan or Datsyuk/Zetterberg) will end up winning this series.

I also thought last night was going to be the difference in this series going five games or seven games. I think Anaheim wins tomorrow, Detroit wins on Friday, and we have Game 7 in Anaheim on Sunday.

---

Cory Schneider will start for the Canucks tonight.

Gooooooooooodbye, Vancouver

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Perry needs to show up. He's been flat out invisible for the last 3 weeks and a non-factor so far in this series. Bobby Ryan at least scored the game-tying goal in Game 2, but he's been almost as much a non-factor as Perry. Getzlaf is the only one of the big 3 that has been there (far and away the team's MVP and without a doubt the leader of this club at this point).

Having guys like Beleskey, Steckel, Etem, Bonino, etc. score has been fantastic and obviously depth is vital to any contending team, but the big guns need to show up, and immediately. You could probably say the same about Detroit with Datsyuk finally getting on the board last night. I think whoever's stars show up first (Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan or Datsyuk/Zetterberg) will end up winning this series.

I also thought last night was going to be the difference in this series going five games or seven games. I think Anaheim wins tomorrow, Detroit wins on Friday, and we have Game 7 in Anaheim on Sunday.

I would probably give the MVP to Hiller personally, but I agree, Getzlaf has definitely earned his captaincy by now. He's certainly a different player than what he was two years ago, and that really is a good thing. I think Boudreau's coaching style has helped Getzy to show his potential.

Beleskey and Etem have both improved their game heavily in time for this series. I wasn't sure about Etem at first but now he really does look like he's got a bright future ahead of him.

---

Have some gifs, courtesy of HF:

iNcBpJitVLKxS.gif

857456HJuegSH.gif

Edit: and one more, the creepy Caps kid has reached internet super stardom:

quick-kid_zps025fb91e.gif

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

He's referring to how they cheered when Sid appeared to be hurt, not realizing that's been happening regularly since 2005.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

He's referring to how they cheered when Sid appeared to be hurt, not realizing that's been happening regularly since 2005.

They do it everywhere. Always have, always will. I was impressed with the atmosphere the Isles fans brought to the game early. Then they do that. I normally Crosby jeers go but when it comes to any player getting injured and you cheer, you're pretty effed up.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

That makes sense.

I have the Canadian affair on the computer and, given its proximity, I can barely hear the Pens game commentary. So no wonder I wouldn't hear the Crosby cheering..

spacer.png

That's it. You know you can't win against him, so you cheer when an unlucky circumstance takes him out. That'll do the trick... <_<

Archived