Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Canucks.

Also guys, is anyone else afraid of the Sharks? It'd only be so appropriate that once everyone finally gives up on the Sharks that they actually

contend for a Cup. We may get that long 2007-2011 predicted Sharks/Capitals Final. Wouldn't that be a laugh?

Since late March the Sharks are 12-1 against playoff teams(including this series). Only problem is that no games were against Chicago and STL, arguably the 2 hottest teams in the West.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Congratulations on tanking game 48 to get the Vancouver Dumpster Fire, lol.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I don't know whether to applaud Vancouver's latest episode of "Days of our Choke." They've been so disappointing, that I'm starting to feel sorry for them. Getting lucky in 2011 against the 'Hawks and Games 1, 2 and 5 against the Bruins, then blowing Game 7 of the Final at home, followed by the riots. Then that act was followed by five straight quarterfinal-round home losses to California teams, en route to being plowed by Jarret Stoll in 2012 and the whole Sharkies this year via sweep. For all the publicity and trash talk the Canckeheads have done over the past five-ish seasons, all their flopping and diving have gone for naught, in a likelihood of this team being broken up within an offseason or two. So sad for them, but great news for everyone else.

And remember Sharks fans: the last three Cup winners had beated the Canucks at some point in their routes. So know that you guys have that superstitious fact with you. Congrats on eliminating those divers, and now, you guys get the well-deserved rest period.

AV has been coach for 6 division titles in 7 years as Canuck head coach, granted he won the Northwest not the greatest looking bunch around, but still that's a decent run. Sadly he'll take the fall before that idiot Gillis.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Not the Canucks fault, but there have been only 2 other playoff teams from the Northwest division in the last 4 seasons, and the 2 teams that made it('10 Avalanche, '13 Wild) were both 8 seeds.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Funny how Staples Center has turned from being the Kings Zone of Doom into being their Fortress of Solitude, eh?

God damn, it's so hard to slay the defending Cup dragons, especially at home. I love it; the Kings came back from allowing two goals in the 1st 10 minutes, and a deficit entering the 3rd period. The "Figueroa Funhouse," as I call it, has been a place of hell for visitors this season, and now, thanks to it, this quarterfinal series has been shrunk to a best 2-of-3. It's going to be an all-out war at the Arch on Wednesday. T-minus 48 hours and counting!

Hiller fail.

For a moment, I thought it said, "Hitler fail."

Didn't see much of the Blues/Kings game, third period: was watching another (NBA) playoff game, ugh. Kings tie series 2-2. Anyway bracket is updated.

Hey there. Your Sharkies are one game away from a reverse sweep of the Canuckeheads. Do what we couldn't do to them last year and actually finish off the sweep. It'll please people, especially CS85.

Wow, Canucks.

Also guys, is anyone else afraid of the Sharks? It'd only be so appropriate that once everyone finally gives up on the Sharks that they actually contend for a Cup. We may get that long 2007-2011 predicted Sharks/Capitals Final. Wouldn't that be a laugh?

Well to all non-Canucks fans - you're welcome.

I have to say thought that there were a few penalties that were not penalties, especially the one in OT. But my theory on why the Ref called it? Because of Bieksa's comments. Yeah he's accusing the Sharks players, but one of the Sharks players or maybe it was TMac mentioned that Bieksa is also disrespecting the refs.

Great game by the Sharks and again made up for 1:50 lapse of their "der-wrong-guy" syndrome in their own zone.

Watching TMac post game

Reporter: First, when is the last time you coached a team that swept? Second, when Joe crossed the blue line where you yelling at Joe to shoot?

TMac: We're always yelling at Joe to shoot.

True but hilarious.

Not the Canucks fault, but there have been only 2 other playoff teams from the Northwest division in the last 4 seasons, and the 2 teams that made it('10 Avalanche, '13 Wild) were both 8 seeds.

It's worse than I thought. That's horrifying! At least next season the Sharks, Kings and Ducks can sort of even out the suck.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow, Canucks.

Also guys, is anyone else afraid of the Sharks?

c9JtGfH.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't know if people are afraid of the Sharks. It's only round one. Sharks have won one series. I like the way their playing for the most part, but they haven't won a thing yet. So yeah, step one. Bring on step two.

Also the bracket has been updated.

Damn, I wanted the Blues to avenge the Rivermen.

Oh well, Kannakusu Soku Zan

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey, Kevin Bieksa, you're the dumbest everything in the history of everything.

On that note, I still have a fondness for Adam Burish.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Burish+slams+Bieksa+comments/8353549/story.html

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived