Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

My stream went from the Ducks/Wings game to some racing show, so either this intermission is huge or I'm just screwed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quack!

Anaheim and LA are a couple games away from putting all 3 California teams in the final 8.

Ducks/Kings would be an awesome series which would happen(I'm obviously presuming the Hawks finish off Minny)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Referencing an old game, but you gotta admire Ovi's hustle:

hagelin_stepan_tictac_goal.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Referencing an old game, but you gotta admire Ovi's hustle:

hagelin_stepan_tictac_goal.gif

What game/series season was that from?

Also bracket updated. Blackhawks can close out Minnesota Wild and Senators can close out Montreal tomorrow. .

By the way, John Forslund and Darryl Reaugh have been my favorite broadcast team of the playoffs. Please, NBC, more of these two whenever possible.

I was a big fan of Rick Peckham's work the other night. He or Forslund should be the lead voice of the league, not the cackling twit we have now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In general, Rick Peckham is weighed down by the fact that Bobby Taylor is a doddering, drunk homer. I'm not a big fan of Peckham's goal calls (Forslund has him and Strader beat by a mile), but he has a good tempo to his call and is generally pretty good at remaining partial*. And, thanks to the awful team he is associated with, the rest of the NHL gets to hear him more often than not come playoff time.

Gord Miller's probably my favourite in the sport right now, but he's stuck up in Canada-land this time of year.

EDIT: *impartial, duh.

spacer.png

For a team that used to wear eggplant and jade, for 'cripes sakes, the Pond looks like such a depressing place, with its lighting.

Um... what? Not in the slightest?

Jimmy Howard's incessant ringing of the pipe is the most annoying thing of the postseason.

Fixed. Not only is he playing well, nautical nonsense must be something he wish, because he's flopped on the deck and flopped like a fish. (Nice leg lock on Perry. It's no wonder you fell over...)

And on a serious note on that post, I haven't noticed it, even in the two games I've been at. But now that you've mentioned it, I'm sure it's all I'll notice in Game 6.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I can't speak for what the Pond looks like in person. It's also possible that watching the game on the SDTV instead of HDTV (I have both; I tend to use the SD one because it flips channels faster, a necessity this time of year) exaggerates the appearance.

All of that said, the Pond looks like it has some of the darkest lighting of any building in the league. Pair that with the black sweaters and, thus, a generally black-clad crowd (visible to the audience, anyway) and it just looks like a droll place. That is, by no means, a knock on the atmosphere itself or anything, just my observation as a TV viewer is all.

spacer.png

In general, Rick Peckham is weighed down by the fact that Bobby Taylor is a doddering, drunk homer. I'm not a big fan of Peckham's goal calls (Forslund has him and Strader beat by a mile), but he has a good tempo to his call and is

generally pretty good at remaining partial. And, thanks to the awful team he is associated with, the rest of the NHL gets to hear him more often than not come playoff time.

Gord Miller's probably my favourite in the sport right now, but he's stuck up in Canada-land this time of year.

I've always liked Chris Cuthbert. Him and Miller are very good up north for TSN.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived