Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoff hockey, I want to hug you so much.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

*evil laughter*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hockey's dirtiest team has played 92 minutes and 13 seconds of single-penalty hockey. LOL.

The Canucks were eliminated last night, and the Coyotes didn't qualify. What?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Game. Set. Match. The ultimate remedy for the Kings' tortures at the Arch: an overtime game-winning thriller to silence the home crowd. The road team breaks through.

I am not counting out this Blues team, though. Too many times they've flirted with improbability in Los Angels, and too many times they succeeded that improbability in the Missouri games. We'll see how much character St. Louis has on Friday. Will they break hearts at the Funhouse in Game 6, or will they be the "dead-men walking," and witness a Staples Center series clincher by the home team for the 2nd consecutive season? So it goes.

Boy is hockey amazing...

Jimmy Howard's incessant ringing of the pipe is the most annoying thing of the postseason.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, I didn't find out until the playoffs, and I had been wondering why some games had random "ping"s all season. Now that I know what it is, it makes my skin crawl. I don't know whether Howard does it as a strategic distraction or as an OCD tic, but I can't believe it's legal.

These Blues aren't the 2012 Blues, Los Angeles.

Oh they know; St. Louis is much more disciplined, ready, clutch and skillful. Ken Hitchcock has done a masterful job whipping the Blues into shape these five games. At the least, they're making the Kings sweat it out for a 1st round series win. And unlike some of our other playoff picks (yes, I'm looking at you Vancouver), the fierceness and hostility of this series has taken shape as anticipated, and it's a joy (and a nerve sweat) to watch.

Oh how powerful the hockey Gods really are.

By the way, John Forslund and Darryl Reaugh have been my favorite broadcast team of the playoffs. Please, NBC, more of these two whenever possible.

Playoff hockey, I want to hug you so much.

Not necessarily if you're one of the two teams caught up in the moment (especially in OT). While fans from both sides sit in torture for their teams' outcome, other fans, unrelated to the two teams, can open up some popcorn and take solace that they're enjoying the sport of hockey at its finest.

Have I really done that good a job at avoiding hearing Howard's pinging the goal?

I guess when you're half-deaf, doing that becomes easier.

By the way, John Forslund and Darryl Reaugh have been my favorite broadcast team of the playoffs. Please, NBC, more of these two whenever possible.

John Forslund is an excellent play-by-play voice, trapped in Raleigh. Some team, or broadcast network in general (US or Canada) needs to rescue him. He's been with that franchise since they were in Hartford.

spacer.png

I think the Blues-Kings series is a long ways from over. The Blues have been pretty clearly the better team in 4 out of 5 games. A combination of pitiful accuracy, bad bounces, great saves (by Quick), bad calls, and a couple ill-timed lapses has the series where it is.

But the Blues are and have been the better team. And usually that's going to mean something.

Now, they're not the better team by much, so it's not like this is insane. And my point isn't to provoke by declaring them better. My point is just that there's no reason they can't win the next two games. None whatsoever.

April Reimer is less than impressed with the play of Elisha Cuthbert's fiance (Dion Phaneuf)

ReimerCuthbertStinkEye.gif

Fixed that for you.

Nice North Stars cameo. The swearing blonde woman with a Leafs jersey was pretty funny too.

:(

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived