Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

So I assume :censored: 's on fire outside the Bell Centre?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so I was under the impression that the NHL reseeded its teams so that the lowest seed played the highest seed for the second round. Is that not true?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Wait, so I was under the impression that the NHL reseeded its teams so that the lowest seed played the highest seed for the second round. Is that not true?

They do reseed. Ottawa would get Pittsburgh if the Pens close out the Islanders.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's true. The NHL uses a shuffled bracket, meaning, of the four quarterfinal series winners per conference, the highest and lowest seeds meet in one 2nd round series, with the middle two seeded survivors hooking-up in the other series. They do not use an NBA-style straight bracket, where the 1/8 winner always takes on the 4/5 winner, and ditto for the 2/7 and 3/6 victors.

No they do. If the Pens win, they will face Ottawa, and the winner of the Capitals/Rangers series will play the winner of the Bruins/Leafs series. Islanders and Senators couldn't face each other until the Eastern Conference Finals, unless "you know who" just decides to mess with everyone and change the playoff rules, mid playoffs. Which wouldn't really surprise me. But yeah...

Okay, I was pretty sure.

Just got a bit confused with everyone saying that we'd play the winner of PIT/NYI

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Yes, Penguins. A few shaky minutes to start, but in the end this was exactly what needed to happen. Keep it up and finish them Saturday. For the love of God don't repeat the '93 choke.

oBIgzrL.png

Most disappointing team so far in this postseason: Montreal.*

*in terms of pre-playoff expectations; some of us had suspicions of Vancouver flaming out again

Agreed. A disapointingly quick exit, multiple key players out from injury, and lackluster performances from both goaltenders.

I believe Budaj got scored on the very first shot. Once I saw that, I was convinced that this game was in the bag..........for Ottawa.

The Wild just cannot score goals. I think they are trying to knock the goalie out by shooting the puck directly at him. Take THAT, goalie's chest! Pew, pew, in the pad!

They just scored.

edit: ha

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Wild just cannot score goals. I think they are trying to knock the goalie out by shooting the puck directly at him. Take THAT, goalie's chest! Pew, pew, in the pad!

They just scored.

edit: ha

I think I need to complain more. Anyways, if you watch, you will see that he was aiming for the chest again, and was just a bit off so it sneaked in to the back of the net.

edit: give up, guys.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I feel pretty bad for Minnesota. They're not a hate-able team like Vancouver, Nashville, or the Coyotes. Their goalie got hurt at the 11th hour, then their other goalie got hurt, then yeah.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Next.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived