Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

The Kings pull it out and the Western Conference's final four continue with that California flavouring.

So if Detroit wins, it's DET/CHI and SJ/LA, and if Anaheim wins it's SJ/CHI and LA/ANA.

I'm hoping for the Ducks to see them play the Kings. Hawks and Wings is a bigger rivalry but I think Hawks steamroll the Wings. The Sharks seem like they stand a better chance.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings pull it out and the Western Conference's final four continue with that California flavouring.

So if Detroit wins, it's DET/CHI and SJ/LA, and if Anaheim wins it's SJ/CHI and LA/ANA.

I'm hoping for the Ducks to see them play the Kings. Hawks and Wings is a bigger rivalry but I think Hawks steamroll the Wings. The Sharks seem like they stand a better chance.

Yeah, I'm split on this. I think either series options will be interesting and tough. I don't expect the Red Wings to get steamrolled. I would have the Blackhawks winning that series if they draw Detroit, but I'd be pretty surprised if it was less than six games. SJ/LA would be another heavy series. The Sharks tend to up their game against the Kings, but like earlier this year I'd be nervous facing the Kings (or Blackhawks) but less so the Hawks. Either way I hope the Sharks win their second round/Wester Conference semi-finals series - Obviously :)

Bracket updated.

So the only game on Saturday Penguins at Islanders: Who has the Isles forcing a game seven and who has the Pens closing it out on the road? I say Vokoun shuts it down and Pittsburgh preps for Ottawa. I mean Pens and Sens just seems like it's destined to happen again, and Nabby has been shaky.

Let me first commend the St. Louis on a hell of a quarterfinal series. All games decided by one goal, the fore and body checking, both Sutter and Hitchcock disiplining their men to play suffocation defense without the penalty minutes (unlike the bad blood Montreal-Ottawa series). So many memorable, teeth-grinding moments to count (Quick's flub/Steen's goal, Penner's 0.2 goal, Jackman's goal, Voynov's goal), so many times I had to delay pee breaks because of the closeness of this series. In a scenario where 86% of teams leading 2-0 in a best-of-7 win the series in history, the Kings displayed poise and resolve in Los Angeles with the elimination wall nearing them. But this Blues team will breakthrough if they keep their core, and mature from this defeat, although it's a bitter pill to swallow. Thanks for a hard-fought, grind-out, organ-choking series, and believe me, your time in the Cup sun will come. Proud of both teams actually.

For the Kings, they'll stay in California for their next series, whether it's against Anaheim (should they win Game 7, Sunday night) or San Jose with home-ice advantage (should Detroit win).

For the Blues, between bowing out to the Kings for two years now with home-ice advantage, blowing a 2-0 series lead, and the Penner 0.2 goal...are the Blues a jinxed/cursed NHL franchise?

(Back away from the keyboard, Kramera-billy, it was a rhetorical question. No need for a 35 paragraph response. B) )

Detroit - Anaheim has been a really entertaining series - well, other than the fact that it's slowly killing one of my BASS co-hosts.

Don't worry. My next dissertation-length post will probably come after I find the time to listen to today's released podcast. As much as I love hockey and play hockey video games more than any other sport, I do not have the ability to type my ass off about the sport like I do with baseball.

The Rangers home form has been fine. I see no reason why this series won't return to Washington. And I'm well aware at the Rangers inconsistency this season, which is the biggest reason why they came nowhere close to repeating their stellar 2011-12 results. But the only player who has shown up in any of the three D.C. games has been Hank. Think about it - they got shutout in Game 2, and they were shutout over the last 59:08 and overtime tonight. For a team with the offensive talent they have, it is absolutely appalling how bad they have been away from MSG.

And we won't read it - again. B)

Anyway, on the Rangers...My feeling is that the Rangers have been more lucky than good in getting the two wins they have in this series. Monday night was a high-wire act right up to when the clock hit 0:00. The defensive lapses this team has are almost comical.

BB52Big.jpg

STL free agent FWD's include Stewart, Langenbrunner, McDonald, and Berglund.

Losin' all but one of them. Just as well-no killer instinct among the lot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, at least I don't have to be "that guy" and complain about the schedule and the Blues finishing off the year against Colorado, Calgary, and Rockford, with the knowledge that they controlled their own destiny. The Kings were 4.7 seconds away from the fourth seed and preventing this gif from happening, but at this point there's no difference between fourth and fifth.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

czvgXCk.png

I'm starting to think they put these in on purpose… last week one of the answers was Alexander Ovechking.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I like how the ref was looking right at Perry's trip that led to a goal, and ignored it, probably because they didn't give the Ducks a single power play. Make-up non-calls: the Human Element!

I predicted the ducks would make it to the finals, but if they win the cup, It might invoke strong past emotions. So I'm breaking out the Sharks gear for the time being.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

The Lakers dick-tripping in 2006 against Phoenix denied us of seeing a Lakers-Clippers playoff series.

In that sense, I hope the Ducks win Game 7 to provide a Kings-Ducks playoff series.

I feel like the NHL would LOVE that to happen so they can justify back to back games.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

So after two weeks of battling with the goddamn Red Wings (whose three wins are all in OT, two of which came after late 3rd period surging comebacks by the Ducks), if the Ducks win on Sunday, we'd be rewarded with another two weeks of grinding with the :censored: ing Kings!?!

...why do you hate me, NHL? You are killing me on the inside.

Anyways, before I start sharpening my knives and polishing my brass knuckles, the Ducks still have to win Sunday's Game 7. I am just so :censored: ing over playing this Red Wings team. I'm tired of it. The Ducks are the better team in this series. The Ducks have played like the better team in this series for all but one game (Game 4) and even then they got to OT! But despite that were going to a Game 7... If the Ducks lose Sunday, I may have to step away from hockey for at least a week, maybe a whole round. The Red Wings have thoroughly annoyed me. I don't think any Wings team has ever annoyed me this much.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Lakers dick-tripping in 2006 against Phoenix denied us of seeing a Lakers-Clippers playoff series.

In that sense, I hope the Ducks win Game 7 to provide a Kings-Ducks playoff series.

I would rather see a Red Wings-Blackhawks series since this is the last year they're in the same conference. With the divisional playoffs, there are plenty more chances for a Kings-Ducks series in the coming years.

Archived