Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww... Poor Islanders.

What a fight. What a crowd. The future is bright on Long Island.

However, Pens/Sens... What a boring series. I dont know what the writers will pull out of this one. :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Ah, Nabby. Penguins win game 6, 4-3 in OT to take the series four games to two. With that, the second round's first matchup has been decided. #7 Ottawa vs #1 Pittsburgh.

So the bracket is updated. I was going to wait until all first round games are completed to post the matchups of the second round once they were established. However, if you want me to post the Sens and Pens in the second round bracket now let me know.

Shame. Isles deserved this game...

No they didn't. The team that won, knows and deserves to win. If they Islanders did what they needed to do, the would've got what they deserved, a win. When you lose, you don't deserve anything.

It really comes down to what happened in the Sens/Habs series. Did Montreal just s*** the bed that bad or was Ottawa that good? If it's the latter then Pittsburgh's going to have problems.

What Ottawa really did was ingrain themselves deep into the Habs heads. I cannot believe the levels of goonery that Montreal plunged to, not only in Game 3 but then in the finale on their home ice.

Sounds like Spezzer might be able to return for the 2nd round. Now THAT would be a real nice boost to a team that has gotten some really good production from unexpected and/or very young sources. We already know that, Anderson or Lehner, they will be difficult to score goals against.

spacer.png

The Penguins did what they needed to do to take care of the series, but man these past 6 games (ok, maybe not 1 or 5) are getting me all sorts of excited for the next few seasons in Uniondale/Brooklyn. Reminds me of the Penguins in 07 or the Blackhawks in 09 (okay.. granted they made it to the WCF) before they got to where they are now, which means the future should be really awesome for this team, especially with the young core they've got. Nabby was shaky in this series but he did a great job of getting us in, so hopefully he's got another good season in him or we can finally get a solid goalie for the future. Otherwise, with all the forward's we've got, I'm extremely excited.

I don't think I've ever been more proud of a team in a losing effort than I am right now with these Isles

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Thanks to the Pens win tonight, I have to make my Facebook profile picture this:

4th-July-I-Love-Usa_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

I should stop making bets with Pens fans.

Good news: I can keep my avatar for now (and hopefully it has purpose)

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Shame. Isles deserved this game...

No they didn't. The team that won, knows and deserves to win. If they Islanders did what they needed to do, the would've got what they deserved, a win. When you lose, you don't deserve anything.

Nothing in life is black and white, Oddsie...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived