2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to boo Alfie at the Winter Classic next year, but him leaving Ottawa is just plain wrong!

Don't boo him. Please don't.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

DONE:

Andrew Ference to Edmonton, 4 year deal

Ray Emery back to Philadelphia, 1 year, $1.75 million

Evgeni Nabakov stays on the Island for one more year.

Thomas Greiss replaces Jason Labarbera in Phoen- err Glendale.

Alfie does go to Detroit. 1 year, $5.5 million.

Komisarek to Carolina, 1 year, $700K

POSSIBLE/DOWN THE PIPE:

Mike Ribeiro to the Coyotes (I know that makes some of you salivate :lol: )

Nathan Horton to... COLUMBUS!?!? HUGE coup for the Beej if it comes to fruition.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ribeiro to the Coyotes is a done deal. 4 years, $22 million.

Handzus back in Chicago for another year.

Boyd Gordon to Edmonton, 3 years. Jason LaBarbera also signs with the Oil.

Peter Regin to the Islanders.

Joey Crabb to Florida.

So the Red Wings are where every 40+ year old goes to destroy their lifer status with their previous organization, eh?

Usually, it's more about getting the chance to win a cup, and coincidentally, we're almost always in the conversation. If you think Ottawa is in better shape than the Wings, I can't help you.

So the Red Wings are where every 40+ year old goes to destroy their lifer status with their previous organization, eh?

Well that's why they had to move to the Eastern Conference. The players can't be up after 10:00 Eastern.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Horton to Columbus is complete. SEVEN YEAR DEAL. $37.1 million. Wow. Way to go, Beej.

PM Bouchard to the Islanders. 1 year, $2 million.

Ryane Clowe to the Devils. 5 year, $4.85 million per. Yikes.

Rob Scuderi leaves LA, returns to Pittsburgh. 4 years, $13.5 million.

Scott Hannan back in San Jose for one more year.

Usually, it's more about getting the chance to win a cup, and coincidentally, we're almost always in the conversation. If you think Ottawa is in better shape than the Wings, I can't help you.

I really just couldn't pass up the chance to make that joke, given that Mike Modano did the same thing just three years ago.

--

Ryane Clowe 5 years at 4.85 per? Jeez. That's so un-like the Devils.

spacer.png

I really just couldn't pass up the chance to make that joke, given that Mike Modano did the same thing just three years ago.

Not necessarily lifers, but you can't forget about the likes of Luc Robitaille, Brett Hull, Dominic Hasek, etc. ;)

It is kinda annoying though, that era created this "old fart" perception of the team that they seemingly haven't been able to shake as of late, even when the oldest player on the roster that played more than 7 games last year was Pasha (34). I've seen a lot of "oh great another old guy" comments today -- just made me laugh. Frankly, Alfie's worth it just for the leadership and how well he plays against our new division.

Leafs re-signed Bozak for 5 years, $21M.

Do they understand that you're not going to be a legitimate contender with this guy in your top-six? Screw his bulls--t "chemistry" with Kessel and Lupul. He just rides their coattails and isn't even a good faceoff guy (went 7-for-24 in one of the Boston games).

As I'm typing this, I hear we got Clarkson. Yay.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yup. David Clarkson to Toronto for 7 years, $36.75 million

Viktor Stalberg to Nashville. 4 years, $12 million.

Rosival staying in Chicago for two years.

1044304_10151748965037037_1395315639_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived