2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure about the Ference signing. I know we need defence, but not Ference-type shut down vets. Plus, by the time his contract expires, he'll be, what, 39? Also, the Horcoff deal I like, because it means MacT won't start a boys club again in Edmonton.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Bobby Ryan to Ottawa. Free agent day, Murray, not big trade day.

Silfverberg, Noesen and 1st to ANA for Bobby Ryan.

After the Getzlaf and Perry contracts, I knew this was inevitable, but... not this soon. And not for that return. Silfverberg is a very nice player, but... eh... idk... I've always though Bobby could fetch a bit more, especially after the last few years of Bob Murray saying that he wouldn't take a Bobby Ryan deal that didn't blow him away.

Anyways, Thanks for your time in Anaheim, Bobby. Disappointed we could never win a Cup with you, but you were a great talent. Still my favorite American player in the game today, and I'll still proudly wear his Olympic jersey. Long live #9.

Senators fans, talk me out of my depression. What am I getting in Silfverberg and this kid?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

After the Getzlaf and Perry contracts, I knew this was inevitable, but... not this soon. And not for that return. Silfverberg is a very nice player, but... eh... idk... I've always though Bobby could fetch a bit more, especially after the last few years of Bob Murray saying that he wouldn't take a Bobby Ryan deal that didn't blow him away.

Anyways, Thanks for your time in Anaheim, Bobby. Disappointed we could never win a Cup with you, but you were a great talent. Still my favorite American player in the game today, and I'll still proudly wear his Olympic jersey. Long live #9.

Senators fans, talk me out of my depression. What am I getting in Silfverberg and this kid?

I actually think that the Ducks won the trade. I think Silfverberg could be putting up numbers similar to Ryan's in a couple of years. The Sens have gone back to the Heatley days of having one really good first line but not much else up front (at least they've got the goaltending situation figured out now). A 2nd line of Greening-Turris-MacArthur (according to TSN) isn't gonna cut it. On top of that the entire 1st line has 1 or 2 years left on their contracts.

Quite a day for me. I went from depressed about Alfie leaving, to excited when I heard Ryan's name, then back to depressed once I saw what they gave up. Can't say I like the current roster more than yesterday's.

I actually think that the Ducks won the trade. I think Silfverberg could be putting up numbers similar to Ryan's in a couple of years. The Sens have gone back to the Heatley days of having one really good first line but not much else up front (at least they've got the goaltending situation figured out now). A 2nd line of Greening-Turris-MacArthur (according to TSN) isn't gonna cut it. On top of that the entire 1st line has 1 or 2 years left on their contracts.

Quite a day for me. I went from depressed about Alfie leaving, to excited when I heard Ryan's name, then back to depressed once I saw what they gave up. Can't say I like the current roster more than yesterday's.

A lot of people have been saying the Ducks won the trade, Silfverberg and Noeson are great prospects from what little I've dug up.

IbjBaeE.png

I'm really sick of this mystical aura surrounding the Detroit Red Wings. They're one of the most storied, respected franchises in hockey and have easily been the most successful over the past 2 decades but it's 2013, not 2008. They do not belong in the same class as Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, LA. Alfredsson went from one 7 seed that won a playoff series to another, the only difference being that Ottawa is on the upswing. Just a really :censored: day to be a Sens fan.

As a Ducks fan, I love the trade. Bobby was too streaky, he didn't always give 100%, and he really didn't have much chemistry with anyone that past 2 years or so . I'm a fan of Silfverberg, and I think he could fit well with this roster (could play both Left and Right from what I've heard, and we really need some help on the left wing). I've heard lots of good things about Noesen, and apparently Murray and Madden have been big fans of his for a while. The 1st could also be a high pick if they have a bad year, and with all the young guys, that's not impossible. I might have preferred a package of Silf, Cowen, and a 2nd more (we could use some D), but I can't complain.

Plus, I love Sweden. The hockey players, the music, the women... it's great.

EDIT: Also, Sens fans, any idea what his family background is? I know he's from America, and he was born in Texas, but with a name like that, he seems like he could have Swedish parents or something.

The Ducks just posted about the trade on facebook and the comments aren't pretty.

Most of them are, "BOBBY GOT TRADED FOR TWO NOBODYS WHO DON'T EVEN PLAY IN THE NHL!"

It's like they don't know how prospects work.

Sounds about right.

Sucks to see one of my favourite players get traded, but hey, we get a bunch of prospects in return and we free up more cap space. It was inevitable that the Ducks would have to make a trade like this at some point. They've been very top heavy in recent years and now they're looking to fix that. Considering the flaws and bad habits of last year's team, this can only be a good thing going forward.

Aye.

Incidentally, Sweden is where I attended my first Ducks game.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm really sick of this mystical aura surrounding the Detroit Red Wings. They're one of the most storied, respected franchises in hockey and have easily been the most successful over the past 2 decades but it's 2013, not 2008. They do not belong in the same class as Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, LA. Alfredsson went from one 7 seed that won a playoff series to another, the only difference being that Ottawa is on the upswing. Just a really :censored: day to be a Sens fan.

So.

Much.

Butthurt.

The Ducks just posted about the trade on facebook and the comments aren't pretty.

Most of them are, "BOBBY GOT TRADED FOR TWO NOBODYS WHO DON'T EVEN PLAY IN THE NHL!"

Sounds about right.

Sucks to see one of my favourite players get traded, but hey, we get a bunch of prospects in return and we free up more cap space. It was inevitable that the Ducks would have to make a trade like this at some point. They've been very top heavy in recent years and now they're looking to fix that. Considering the flaws and bad habits of last year's team, this can only be a good thing going forward.

I like this trade. Bobby was expendable after Ryan and Corey's contracts plus how well Etem and Palmieri played last year. Aaron Ward (Canadian hockey analyst) tweeted that the Ducks were talking with Derek Roy who would be that second line center we were looking for.

IbjBaeE.png

The fans who post on a team's facebook page are the lowest common denominator.

I like this trade. Bobby was expendable after Ryan and Corey's contracts plus how well Etem and Palmieri played last year. Aaron Ward (Canadian hockey analyst) tweeted that the Ducks were talking with Derek Roy who would be that second line center we were looking for.

I'd prefer Grabovski, who is more of a puck possession player than Roy, and we were one of the weaker puck possession teams in the league.

Aye.

Incidentally, Sweden is where I attended my first Ducks game.

I'd love to go someday.

What about Bonino and Holland? Where do they fit in with the Ducks search for a second line center?

They're going to be there. But without Koivu signed, that's only 3 centers (Those two plus Getzlaf. And I guess there's four if you throw Cogliano in the mix.) They're going to need another center one way or another, and there's no reason not to look for a veteran upgrade. It's certainly nothing against Bonino or Holland, but the Ducks still need another center.

EDIT: oh, and Lombardi is in there, but I honestly forgot he was even on the team.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What about Bonino and Holland? Where do they fit in with the Ducks search for a second line center?

They're going to be there. But without Koivu signed, that's only 3 centers (Those two plus Getzlaf. And I guess there's four if you throw Cogliano in the mix.) They're going to need another center one way or another, and there's no reason not to look for a veteran upgrade. It's certainly nothing against Bonino or Holland, but the Ducks still need another center.

EDIT: oh, and Lombardi is in there, but I honestly forgot he was even on the team.

And Steckel but I guess it doesn't really matter what I say, I'm not the GM :P

IbjBaeE.png

Archived