2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Alex Ovechkin was named 1st Team All-NHL RIGHT wing AND 2nd Team All-NHL LEFT wing. Even though the PHWA was specifically instructed that Ovechkin was a RIGHT wing this year, despite his listing as a LEFT wing in the programs... Stupid. Anyways:

1st Team All-NHL:

C - Sidney Crosby, PIT

RW - Alexander Ovechkin, WSH

LW - Chris Kunitz, PIT

D - Ryan Suter, MIN

D - P.K. Subban, MTL

G - Sergei Bobrovsky, CBJ

2nd Team All-NHL:

C - Jonathon Toews, CHI

RW - Martin St. Louis, TB

LW - Alexander Ovechkin, WSH

D - Francois Beauchemin, ANA

D - Kris(TOPHER) Letang, PIT

G - Henrik Lundqvist, NYR

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Ovechkin was named 1st Team All-NHL RIGHT wing AND 2nd Team All-NHL LEFT wing. Even though the PHWA was specifically instructed that Ovechkin was a RIGHT wing this year, despite his listing as a LEFT wing in the programs... Stupid. Anyways:

1st Team All-NHL:

C - Sidney Crosby, PIT

RW - Alexander Ovechkin, WSH

LW - Chris Kunitz, PIT

D - Ryan Suter, MIN

D - P.K. Subban, MTL

G - Sergei Bobrovsky

2nd Team All-NHL:

C - Jonathon Toews, CHI

RW - Martin St. Louis, TB

LW - Alexander Ovechkin, WSH

D - Francois Beauchemin, ANA

D - Kris(TOPHER) Letang, PIT

G - Henrik Lundqvist, NYR

Complete voting here. Taylor Hall finished third among LW, although there's no telling if he would have finished in second had the voters voted properly .

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If you read through the complete breakdown of votes, there are some stupid people out there.

Ryan Getzlaf got a 3rd place vote at Right Wing, despite being a center. Steven Stamkos got two FIRST place votes at Right Wing, despite being a center. There are plenty of wingers voted for on both the left and right wings. Zetterberg and Giroux also got both center and wing votes. Somebody gave Dan Girardi a 1st place defenseman vote. Somebody gave Evgeni Nabakov a 1st place goalie vote.

Maybe we should 1) Just vote on forwards as a whole, or just wings as a whole or 2) just get rid of this stuff completely.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Tim Thomas' agent contacted the Flyers. This should be fun

And speaking of Flyer goalies, BOB defended Bryz: "Philly is a severe city for the goalies. Bryz was under pressure and I fully understand him. Media's and fans' opinions weigh too much in Philly. Sometimes those are contradictory."

The most shocking thing about that statement is that BOB speaks English now?! :lol:

Tim Thomas' agent contacted the Flyers. This should be fun

And speaking of Flyer goalies, BOB defended Bryz: "Philly is a severe city for the goalies. Bryz was under pressure and I fully understand him. Media's and fans' opinions weigh too much in Philly. Sometimes those are contradictory."

The most shocking thing about that statement is that BOB speaks English now?! :lol:

They always magically learn English once they leave philadelphia. Same goes for Spanish speaking baseball players.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They always magically learn English once they leave philadelphia. Same goes for Spanish speaking baseball players.

Took Vicente Padilla 10 years to learn English and then he goes to Japan ^_^

Immensely. Flyers fans are a national treasure. The real question is whether they'll find it in themselves to be happy for once.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thomas going to Philly would be him banking on the team not winning the cup by 2016. ;)

Question: If a Stanley Cup is won in Philadelphia, will anyone over there care?

I think there are people who care:

We all know who got the last laugh.

toews-cup-3.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Leafs compliance Grabovski.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

According to Dreger, Stars and Bruins are close to finalizing a Loui Eriksson for Tyler Seguin deal.

Jets sign Montoya for 1 year, 600k; good deal, but I kinda wanted Hedberg to run out the clock in Winnipeg.

Staying with the Winnipeg theme, I wonder if they could get Grabo for around $3-3.5M. Short-term solution to the 2nd line center problem, long term solution to the 3rd line.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Staying with the Winnipeg theme, I wonder if they could get Grabo for around $3-3.5M. Short-term solution to the 2nd line center problem, long term solution to the 3rd line.

I'd buy a Grabbo Jets jersey in a heartbeat. Dude was crazy and all-heart. Always great against the Habs and Bruins.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Leafs compliance Grabovski.

I don't like the move, but its apparently for salary cap reason. With the cap going down next year, its probably best for the teams future. He sure is guna be a big lost. I just hope it was the right move.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived