2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what will happen to the Thank you Kessel chants? I suppose that Boston still has Hamilton.

The players they just received are fruits of that trade. The chant, silly as it is, can continue.

Can't say I'm too shocked. Tyler Seguin really seemed to fall out of favour with the Bruins organization. There was that thing two seasons ago with the oversleeping matter in Winnipeg, with the flimsy bass-ackwards excuse attached to it.

Loui Eriksson is an excellent player who should fit in well on the Bruins roster. This might be the kick in the rear-end Seguin needs if he is ever going to reach his full potential. He was a good player on the Bruins, but I don't think he was ever going to reach his full potential there.

spacer.png

Another thing that's likely to help Seguin: playing his natural position. They're already talking about moving Benn to the wing and putting Seguin at center. Good trade all around though, I think Loui will do pretty well in Boston.

---

I am worried about Brunner testing the waters... Hopefully KH can keep him around. Can't wait to see who overpays for Filppula and Cleary, though :P

Another thing that's likely to help Seguin: playing his natural position. They're already talking about moving Benn to the wing and putting Seguin at center. Good trade all around though, I think Loui will do pretty well in Boston.

---

I am worried about Brunner testing the waters... Hopefully KH can keep him around. Can't wait to see who overpays for Filppula and Cleary, though :P

Rumor has it Brunner is looking for 2.5 for multiple years. If that's true, there's no excuse for him not being locked up already. What's comical is that Dan Cleary seems to have a 3 for 3 deal on the table from Holland...

...maybe Nill was the brains of the organization.

EDIT: I forgot the Wings making a push for Dany Alfredsson... Because the Wings definitely need a washed-up 40 year old veteran to solidify their top 6

---

Rumor has it Brunner is looking for 2.5 for multiple years. If that's true, there's no excuse for him not being locked up already. What's comical is that Dan Cleary seems to have a 3 for 3 deal on the table from Holland...

...maybe Nill was the brains of the organization.

EDIT: I forgot the Wings making a push for Dany Alfredsson... Because the Wings definitely need a washed-up 40 year old veteran to solidify their top 6

And Grabovski, Ribiero, and Cullen apparently. I can't see the latter two in Wings unis, but apparently Pav has good chemistry with Grabo. At this point, the more guys in the top 6 that push Franzen down, the happier I'll be. But if we lose Cleary, Brunner, and Fil, Holland's gonna be a busy man...

I forgot the Wings making a push for Dany Alfredsson... Because the Wings definitely need a washed-up 40 year old veteran to solidify their top 6

If Daniel hadn't used up his special "shooting-puck-100mph-at-body" skill at Scotty Niedermayer, he'd certainly use it at someone who blatantly calls him a "washout."

I forgot the Wings making a push for Dany Alfredsson... Because the Wings definitely need a washed-up 40 year old veteran to solidify their top 6

If Daniel hadn't used up his special "shooting-puck-100mph-at-body" skill at Scotty Niedermayer, he'd certainly use it at someone who blatantly calls him a "washout."

I don't believe you know how a slapshot works and yes, he's washed up at this point in his career.

Thomas going to Philly would be him banking on the team not winning the cup by 2016. ;)

Question: If a Stanley Cup is won in Philadelphia, will anyone over there care?

You're kidding, right? The Flyers are historically one of the top drawing teams even when they suck, and Phila was named Sporting News' best pro hockey city in America just a couple of years ago. They're not as big as the Phillies and Eagles, but they're about as big as a NHL team can be (in the US) outside of possibly Minnesota and maybe Detroit.

Immensely. Flyers fans are a national treasure. The real question is whether they'll find it in themselves to be happy for once.

As I stated before, Flyers fans are the most stepford fans in sports. Anything the team does is fantastic, when they lose it's because the refs screwed them or the other goalie "stood on his head", or because God (Ed Snider in this case) and Jesus (Bobby Clarke) just had a different plan for them. While I certainly wouldn't call them "happy", and certain players just get beat up to the point where they break, for the most part they're loyal to a fault and in a way are the opposite of traditional Philadelphia sports fans. It's a cult. It's bizarre.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived