2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Chris Chelios becomes the first Wisconsin Badger to get in.

And Atlanta Thrasher.

Who's going to remember his Atlanta stint? Seriously, the only people who can remember his Thrasher days are hardcore hockey people in general (like some of us on here) and the 200-300 people who tailgated to protest True North to no avail (i.e. diehard Thrasher fans).

I will remember his 7 games with the Thrash more fondly than his days with Montreal, Chicago, and Detroit. I think he should go in as a Thrasher.

101239023_crop_650x440.jpg?1282408380

(do hockey players go into the hall with a certain team?)

No

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will remember his 7 games with the Thrash more fondly than his days with Montreal, Chicago, and Detroit. I think he should go in as a Thrasher.

101239023_crop_650x440.jpg?1282408380

That jersey is magnificent.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Bruins resign Tuukka Rask. 8 years, $56 million. I have a feeling they're going to regret this.

As do I, but then again I disagree with any long-term deal for any goaltender. They're a fickle breed.

Also, what happened to Rask's $36 million over 6 years he wanted before the Final? His play at the tail end of it certainly didn't warrant any higher raise.

Perron to the Oil for Paajarvi-Svensson (yes, I still call him that) and a second-rounder next year.

Yay. MPS(the reduced version of RNH) was a total bust.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

HOLY :censored:

I'm going to be on the Yahoo Sports/Sportsnet hockey podcast today talking with Greg Wyshnski of Puck Daddy! Their normal co-host Jeff Marek of Sportsnet is out today, so there's a slew of people going on the show, and he chose me as one of them!

Tune in at 2:50 p.m ET/11:50 a.m. PT at this site: http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/marek-vs-wyshynski/ : to hear me talk about probably hockey, hopefully some Ducks hockey with the Puck Daddy himself. I'm pretty excited.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm going to be on the Yahoo Sports/Sportsnet hockey podcast today talking with Greg Wyshnski of Puck Daddy! Their normal co-host Jeff Marek of Sportsnet is out today, so there's a slew of people going on the show, and he chose me as one of them!

Tune in at 2:50 p.m ET/11:50 a.m. PT at this site: http://www.sportsnet...k-vs-wyshynski/ : to hear me talk about probably hockey, hopefully some Ducks hockey with the Puck Daddy himself. I'm pretty excited.

That's huge! Congrats.

How did he find you? BASS?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Damn, Zach! Congrats!

The AHL announced its new alignment today, featuring a "West Division" of Abbotsford, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Texas, and Charlotte. Things are so broken in that league's setup.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tune in at 2:50 p.m ET/11:50 a.m. PT at this site: http://www.sportsnet...k-vs-wyshynski/ : to hear me talk about probably hockey, hopefully some Ducks hockey with the Puck Daddy himself. I'm pretty excited.

That's huge! Congrats.

How did he find you? BASS?

On yesterday's show, Wyshynski just threw out the idea that since Marek would be gone he'd just have a free for all with the listeners and if we wanted on to send him an e-mail. I said what the hell, e-mailed him, and he got back to me this morning! So I'll be on at 11:50 PT. The show actually starts at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET if you want to listen to the whole thing, or you can listen to the recorded podcast later. I'm not sure how much time I'll even be on, but we'll see. It should be fun! :lol:

Damn, Zach! Congrats!

The AHL announced its new alignment today, featuring a "West Division" of Abbotsford, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Texas, and Charlotte. Things are so broken in that league's setup.

Charlotte to Abbotsford.... yikes.

And thanks, guys!

So, Ilya Kovalchuk retired out of the clear damn nowhere.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. That was unexpected.

I'm not good with all the cash and salary components of the game, but what's the financial penalty (if any) for the Devils?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Have they used both their compliance buyouts?

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he's retired, his contract doesn't count against the cap (since it's not a 35+ one). A buyout would be for the sole purpose of saving 1/3 of the actual money.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

12 years left on his deal.

Holy crap. The Devils are in deep. I mean.... WHAT?

Correction/Update: I was right (sort of). They don't have to pay his salary, but they will have $250K a year counted against the cap for the duration of the contract (until 2024-25).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived