• 4 weeks later...

The Milwaukee Bucks, in the 1993-94 season, wearing their new uniforms versus:

The Philadelphia 76ers

philadelphia-76ers-v-milwaukee-bucks.jpg

The Sacramento Kings:

milwaukee-bucks-v-sacramento-kings.jpg?s

The Cleveland Cavaliers:

milwaukee-bucks-vs-cleveland-cavaliers.j

All of these teams would change their uniforms the following season.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

• 4 months later...

Islanders road Fisherman logo & jersey only visit to Edmonton on January 31, 1997 when the Oilers wore these home one-season wonders with the navy & copper-red trim shoulder yoke. Next season the Isles replaced their 'Gortman fish sticks' logo with their classic NY logo and the Oil went yokeless on their home whites.

spacer.png

• Like 4

On 6/29/2024 at 12:13 AM, johnnysama said:

- From 1997, the last year of the second-generation flying Jets logo and the first year of the pewter Buccaneers. :)

Man, did I memory-hole Trent Dilfer. I started following Tampa Bay as my team when they changed their uniforms, and looking back, I don't have much attachment to Dilfer or Warrick Dunn because they were players earlier in that initial turnaround. I feel like I remember Shaun King better than Trent Dilfer at QB for the Bucs back then. All that to say, seeing a Tampa QB in 12 in pewter and white makes me think of Brady more than Dilfer even though Brady wasn't there as long.

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Here's an obscure one - the Chicago Fire began play in 1998, while the Tampa Bay Mutiny folded in 2001. I don't know if it would be considered rare since they played twice a year for four years, but it's an odd overlapping of teams.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

On 2/1/2024 at 8:31 AM, GrayJ12 said:

The San Diego Rockets and the St. Louis Hawks only played together during the 1967-68 season before the Hawks relocated to Atlanta.
spacer.png

Not sure why, but that timeline is hard to compute. 

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/17/2024 at 6:51 PM, kolob said:

Not sure why, but that timeline is hard to compute. 

The fact that the Rockets were in San Diego to begin is hard to compute.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

On 7/3/2024 at 10:23 AM, SavardToColton said:

AP23342138460754-scaled.jpg

Contribution that I thought of that will qualify now from this past season. First season of the Flyers new set vs the last season of the Coyotes before the "deactivation" 

The current Flyers set just looks like a cheap walmart replica, without the black outlines on the numbers, yoke, and sock stripe.

2 hours ago, RobertG said:

The current Flyers set just looks like a cheap walmart replica, without the black outlines on the numbers, yoke, and sock stripe.

Yea, I could probably live without the piping, but those numbers really need a black outline and the socks need black somewhere.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 9:47 AM, VikWings said:

Yea, I could probably live without the piping, but those numbers really need a black outline and the socks need black somewhere.

And please, please, please get rid of the contrasting nameplate

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I don't mind it on the orange jersey, but it doesn't look good on the white.

It was only originally part of the Flyers' jerseys in the 70s out ot necessity. It wasn't an intentional design choice. It then wasn't seen again until 00/ throwbacks. I think it's a fun quirk for a one-off throwback or even an alternate, but parroting the contrasting nameplate around like it's a core tenet of Flyers uniform design is overkill. I have no idea why it survived the uniform change to the current design.

On 6/29/2024 at 12:13 AM, johnnysama said:

- From 1997, the last year of the second-generation flying Jets logo and the first year of the pewter Buccaneers. :)

Also a rare-ish Jets uniform, as it was one of only 2(?) years that they didn't wear the Champion font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/19/2024 at 9:47 AM, RobertG said:

I like it more than I thought I would without the black sleeve outline, but yeah - the outline-less number is terrible and IMO ruins the whole thing.

Also, the contrasting nameplate simply shouldn't be on the white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

- Video, but we have a "rarest of the rare" one: The 1996-98 Ravens set is so rare, they only met the 1980-99 NY Giants once (their only meeting prior to SB XXXV, by which time the Giants had gone to a modernized version of their 1960s uniforms).

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png