Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Man, those ESPN graphics from early 2000's is classic.

Always loved the NFL on Fox bar.

OPfJ7GB.png

This one was amazing. It had animated snow on top, with a snow plow coming in to rake it up every now and then, and also had Christmas lights!

Those were good, but I really like now how during the holidays, the timeout lights over the team scores are Christmas lights.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

NBA on ESPN, 2002-2004

I really liked this package. I also really liked the NBA at this time, which was weird, because the NBA really sucked those two years. The Pistons beating the Lakers was a ray of light in an otherwise dark age.

14xgim8.jpg

tOtEs aWeSoMe MiXeD cAsE gUyzz!!!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My apologies ;_:

NHL on TSN, 1995-1998

14xgim8.jpg

The graphic in the top left corner shows the game is being played at the CoreStates Center really takes me back. That was the first of 4 names for the currently named Wells Fargo Center.

Cool thread. I love going into the details of sports graphics packages

By the way, does anybody remember that MLB on Fox scorebug in 96 (their first season) where it was vertical and took up a good part of the left side of the screen or something?

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

NHL on OLN

oh sweet jaysus hey there NHL Public Access

I was feeling nostalgic and looked for NHL on OLN regular season YouTube clips. Oh mercy, THE SCOREBUG ON THE BOTTOM AND MUSIC DURING THE REPLAYS THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE CLIPS OF THESE GAMES ON YOUTUBE TO BASK IN THE HORRIBLENESS

Also, the NHL on ESPN2 FiRe oN IcE theme song was the greatest thing to be heard by my 4 year old ears

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

HNIC, 2002 (Playoffs) - 2007 (Regular Season)

The original scorebug for this package was horrible. Tiny and unreadable.

Here it is being used for Game 1 of the VAN/DET and NYI/TOR series:

NeSZo18.jpgBtY8YkN.jpg

It was replaced after the first night.

I remember this, no idea why they thought a scoreboard that transparent was a good idea

MLB on Fox, 2004 (Postseason) - 2005 (Regular Season)

5cf0ww.jpg

If only FOX kept this particular style a little longer, and not gone with that craptacular chrome finish to these graphics in 2006 and 2007.

That being said, I also wished FOX didn't kill off their 2008 package so quickly (as I remember how Dodger Stadium looked in horror after Matt Stairs' nightmarish home run), and gone with that vomiting look for the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

NHL on OLN

oh sweet jaysus hey there NHL Public Access

I was feeling nostalgic and looked for NHL on OLN regular season YouTube clips. Oh mercy, THE SCOREBUG ON THE BOTTOM AND MUSIC DURING THE REPLAYS THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE CLIPS OF THESE GAMES ON YOUTUBE TO BASK IN THE HORRIBLENESS

Also, the NHL on ESPN2 FiRe oN IcE theme song was the greatest thing to be heard by my 4 year old ears