PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

it's funny because some maps show St Petersburg in Asia others show it in Europethe same is true with istanbul turkey. I could flip flop those 2so it would take a bit of realignment in Europe. what do you guys think?

Definitely do the switch. Also, in the Canadian Association, it would make more sense geographically to put St. John's in the North and Charlottetown in the East, since Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, and Quebec are clustered close together and St. John's is kind of remote, much like Iqaluit, Yellowknife, and Whitehorse are.

EDIT: Also, I would switch out Benghazi for Tunis.

And looking over it again, I would keep St. Petersburg and Istanbul where they are.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's funny because some maps show St Petersburg in Asia others show it in Europethe same is true with istanbul turkey. I could flip flop those 2so it would take a bit of realignment in Europe. what do you guys think?

Definitely do the switch. Also, in the Canadian Association, it would make more sense geographically to put St. John's in the North and Charlottetown in the East, since Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, and Quebec are clustered close together and St. John's is kind of remote, much like Iqaluit, Yellowknife, and Whitehorse are.

EDIT: Also, I would switch out Benghazi for Tunis.

And looking over it again, I would keep St. Petersburg and Istanbul where they are.

Yes to the Charlottetown idea.

I made the suggest change in the canadian divisions, but other than that I decided to leave everything as is. And I finished New York City. I wanted to keep it real simple. The name is based on the namesake of the city the Duke of York. I think nothing says New York Sports like pinstripes. I also left the name off of the jersey on purpose. I love that certain teams like the Yankees do that. The secondary is based on the symbol found on the crowns in the NY flag and on the Duke's crest. It also is similar to the NYFD logo's shape. The color scheme comes from the state flag of NY. I hope you enjoy the New York Dukes!

DUKES.jpg

DUKES-1.jpg

As you can see I took off the divisional and conference markings off of my templates. I just makes it a lot easier if anything ever changes.

At first I was like, that D looks weird, then I realized HOLY :censored: it's an N and Y. So cool! Another great post.

Exact same reaction. I thought it kind of looked like the Tigers' D logo, and I was saying to myself tat it was kind of boring but since the team name is Di=ukes, I guess it kind of fits. Then I saw the NY. Mind=Blown. Great look.

New York is awesome! The only thing I would change is the colours. The colors of the city's flag are Blue/Orange, and a lot of our teams wear them. It's a very New York colour scheme.

But it looks great.

EDIT: And that N+Y=D logo is genius.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I was considering going with a blue/orange scheme and even tried it. It then screamed Detroit tigers. So I tried the state flag colors and i feel it set it apart, and gave it the regal look that befits a duke.

I was considering going with a blue/orange scheme and even tried it. It then screamed Detroit tigers. So I tried the state flag colors and i feel it set it apart, and gave it the regal look that befits a duke.

That's a good point. I completely forgot about the Tigers' colors.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I have about 15 team names picked out. I have some ideas for mascots that may not have a city picked out. But nothing is set in stone. It's no-ones responsibility but if you wanna throw ideas my way I will definitely consider them. This is a learning experience for me, and I like to think of this as the "peoples dodgeball coalition"

Cleveland Forests

Detroit Auto

Louisville Derby

Omaha Bisons

Columbus Discovery

Wheeling Tomahawks

Fargo Bisons

Buffalo Storm

Anchorage Wolves

Las Vegas Gladiators

Nashville Music

San Antonio Stallions

Tampa Waves

Orlando Pelicans

Miami Electric

Here are the 128! As you can see it really throws off how i was trying to rotate conferences a keep to a pattern. So from here on out I'll just be doing them in the order the inspiration comes, leman terms: no specific order. I will tell you that I am working on the most international city in the world right now, but its not in the International league coincidentally. Nevertheless here they are, sorry it took so long.

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

SS3.jpg

SS4.jpg

WARNING: Most of these will be very bad

Detroit Mechanics

Milwaukee

Louisville Jockeys

Omaha Hummingbirds

St. Louis

Cleveland Rockers? Legends?

Columbus Veterans

Wheeling Coal

Fargo Spirits

Anchorage Anchors? Gems?

Portland Rosebuds

Sacramento Typhoons? Jaws?

Honolulu Tikis? Flare?

San Francisco Golden Gators (Golden Gate)

Wyoming Wranglers

Colorado Altitude

Las Vegas Royals? Neon?

Salt Lake Cyclones

San Diego Sea Otters? Jaws?

Calgary

Edmonton Carnivores

Saskatoon Shamrocks? Stallions?

Montreal Espionage? (Espion is a spy, espionage is the act of spying) Hiboux? (Owls)

Ottawa Governors

Winnipeg Shooting Stars? Plaines?

St. John's Foggers

Halifax Schooners? Google it

Moncton Atlantics

Quebec Espionage? (Espion is a spy, espionage is the act of spying) Hiboux? (Owls)

Yellowknife Choppers (lumberjack theme)

PEI Jays? Charlottetown Spuds?

Yukon Ravens

Nunavut Inukshuks ? Google it. Inuit? Ellesmere Narwhals (on ellesmere island.)

There's the US north and west and Canada

Wheeling Tomahawks

What is the association of tomahawks and Wheeling WV?

Miami Electric

What is the association of electric and Miami?

Omaha Hummingbirds

Are there any native hummingbird species in Omaha or Nebraska?

Sacramento Typhoons? Jaws?

Typhoons aren't relevant to the west coast of the US, and it's an inland city. Sharks and an inland city, nope.

Salt Lake Cyclones

Same reasoning as the Sacramento nickname.

Edmonton Carnivores

What is the carnivore nickname a reference to in Edmonton?

Asia

Bangkok elephahts

Beijing Dragons

Seoul Red Devils

New Delhi Blue Tigers

Tehran Nationals

Tokyo Samurais

St. Petersburg Ice Bears

I don't know about those nicknames. They all sound really generic.

Archived