PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks every one for all the kind words. I feel like I raised the bar on myself over the last couple days by doing good concepts in big cities. Now I'm hitting up a smaller town and hopefully the humble simplicity wont hinder the design in comparison. HighNoon, this ones for you. I've see so many "cropduster" themes or something similar that I really wanted to come up with an original name that still kept to the agricultural influence in Iowa. Then while watching UFC replays one night it came to me. (partially embarrassed that Joe Rogan was part of my inspiration) I honestly think the name is the best part of this design, which I don't think is half bad. I give to you: The Iowa Haymakers!

HAYMAKERS-1.jpg

HAYMAKERS.jpg

One rule I am trying to stick to though is avoid recreating teams that exist now or in the past. So that would rule out spirit of stl delaware blue hens and houston oilers.

Also Colorado 14ers were a D-League team, LA Express were USFL team, and KY Colonels were an ABA team.

Parsons is my dude.

I decided I liked the sound of "Iowa Haymakers" more than Des Moines, I reworked the concept and I think it turned out better, so check it out if you havn't. Also, the post earlier with all the team name ideas were just suggestions. While I didn't list all the existing/pre-exisiting names I wont use, I will check any ideas before using them. Thanks for the input though every one.

Not a lot of feedback on Iowa so far so moving forward. The first non-native people to set foot in Montana were Lewis and Clark. This concept is based on those great explorers. Here are the Montana Explorers!

EXPLORERS.jpg

EXPLORERS-1.jpg

I love Iowa, and Montana's primary, but the face on the Montana secondary is a bit off. Both sets as a whole are really great though... lol, I'm running out of adjectives to describe how much I'm enjoying this series...

With the Raptors looking to change their name in Toronto, I found it a great idea to scoop up that moniker and use it the way it should be used. Birds of prey. Hawks, Falcons, Thrashers, and all other birds of prey fall within the raptor family. So what better city for an avian team then Atlanta!. Here are the Atlanta Raptors!

RAPTORS2.jpg

RAPTORS2-1.jpg

Its actually based on a swallow-tailed kite. I cant see any one using the name "kites" for a team but its a pretty awesome raptor. Its head and chest are white. Do you think maybe I should reverse the write and grey in the center?

Archived