PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

I love the concept, but some Germans may find it racist to give them a Nazi-based name.

Its not at all Nazi based. Its a style of warfare used long before WW2. Under your theory the word "revolution" would be "racist"(not the right word no less) to the English. My wife is a German teacher. So its all good. The problem with prejudice(right word), and more so the prejudice of Americans is that we see anything German, and instantly try to tie it to Hitler, Nazis and Concentration Camps.

Yeah, agreed. They use the term "blitz" all the time in American football. What's wrong with Blitzkrieg?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The name "Blitzkrieg" isn't offensive in it's self, but the logo....yeaah no. That will never see the light of day.

What is offensive about the logo?

The Nazi eagle.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

You mean the eagle on the German coat of arms that was arround long befor Hitlers great grandparents were born? The eagle that sees the light of day on half of the flags in germany still. The eagle that was the centerpiece of the German Mark until the Euro was adopted in 2002. As I said it german so as a predujice american it ust be nazi. Just google it.

He's right about the eagle, you know. Plus, it's his concept league so he can do as he pleases. As for Norfolk, I think it may be a little redundant to have the anchor logo and the subliminated anchor on the same jersey. Other than that, another nice set and the modern anchor is an original touch.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Thanks joe. I dont want anyboy to get the wrong idea. I am NOT defending nazi germany of the 40s at all. It was terrible what happened. So terrible that a large mass of people today are offended by anything german. Germany is a wonderful country today with a very rich history sans the one decade. As ive done with most of my concepts I want symbolism that ties to the area it represents and I tend to use that symbolism as inspiration. I hope everyone can understand.

As for the Fleet jerseys thats a good point. Ill try to come up with some else to replace it with.

I updated the Fleets jerseys. Changed the sublimation on the background. As suggested the 2nd anchor was kind of redundant so I changed it to arrow striping to resemble the rank striping in the military. Just a further tribute to the Navy's influence on Norfolk. So here they are.

FLEET2.jpg

With school starting back up things may slow down a bit from me, but well see.

Guest darkpiranha

Only thing I don't like about the Fleet is that the logo just seems like a big grey blob at a glance. Have you tried some shading to give it a tiny bit more definition? Just a little darker grey.

Only thing I don't like about the Fleet is that the logo just seems like a big grey blob at a glance. Have you tried some shading to give it a tiny bit more definition? Just a little darker grey.

I like that suggestion, I gave it a try. I still like the simplicity of the of the solid grey, but I like this too. Thoughts?

anchor.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Much better. I think you can add a lot more lighter grey highlight back in, especially on the side parts of the anchor, whatever those are called. Maybe almost half and half.

ok made the highlights a little bigger. I like the overall darker look so I don't want to go too light. When looking at the two colors side by side the lighter grey make anchor look very new, the dark grey gives it a vintage look. New is fresh and fun, but this ain't no cruise ship haha. so take 4anchor3.jpg

Archived