Norfolk Neptunes

Avenger

awesome job avenger. some things i would like to see are the helmets with the trident shield logo on them and the jersey sleeves with the n & crown logo on them. on the sleeves just leave the n & crown logo leaning the way that it natuarlly would - you know forward on one sleeve and backward on the other. the crown & n logo you made for the helmet on the right hand side just doesn't look right. also could you do a version of the norfolk wordmark with a crown over the n like in the n & crown logo? then put that wordmark on the pants instead of the full primary logo - you could maybe make the wordmark a little bit bigger on the pants that way. also what would it look like if the seahawk blue part of the wave just above the 2nd o in norfolk overlapped the lime outline of the word mark? great work so far! i love it!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff Avenger. I like the way the jersey design kind of gives a wetsuit feel to the look.

I would keep the "N" on the helmet consistant.

Stick a guitar in Neptune's hands and it's Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. :D

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Quite nice, but I think I agree with SyPhi on the wave seperation. The white jerseys aren't, well, white enough for my tastes. They remind me of those bad BYU jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I agree... the white on the "white" jersey just feels like an accent when it's supposed to be the main color.

Other than that, I'm really diggin' it. I'd definitely cross the bridge-tunnel to see this team play. :D

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Avenger, great job on the identity system. I echo the comments about the unis and helmet logo as previously posted. I always find myself rethinking helmet logos if they don't work in reverse on the opposite side of the helmet. Does it have to or doesn't it? One of life's great mysteries :P

As for the primary logo, in my opinion there are too many competing layers/outlines of colors. The overall execution of the logo is wonderful though I feel that it lacks some weight and falls kind of flat at the top of the logo compared to the wave and wordmark at the bottom. My opinion aside, the work is top notch. I also dig the "wetsuit" feel of the unis as well.

Love seeing the evolution and thought process of another designer! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Here's another iteration. I've done the following:

• Darkened the green and removed the lighter blue outlines from the logos (thanks to Rozilla for confirming my gut reaction on the outlines)
  • Re-arranged the logos to better reflect BJ's wishes
  • Changed the uniform pattern to add more of the primary color to the jerseys
  • Recolored the away jersey so that the uniform pants are interchangable and better reflect the color ordinance of the logos

norfolkcomplete.gif

Any more thoughts?

Nice! The jersey adjustments are good. I kinda liked the blue outlines, but it works either way.

Still think the primary spacing is a little odd in regards to the wordmark. And, the highlighting on the front of the crown just looks very out of place to me; the smaller highlights used on the left portion would look fine across the whole thing.

Love the evolution here, nice work.

POTD 2013-08-22

i would like the seahawk blue outlines back around the logos if i could have them. also could i see the crown on the neptune guy with just the smaller highlights like mockba said just so i can see it and compare it to this one here. also can i see a norfolk wordmark with a crown over the n like in the n & crown logo? these are awesome avenger really really awesome. thank you so much.

i would like the seahawk blue outlines back around the logos if i could have them. these are awesome avenger really really awesome. thank you so much.

I've really got to agree with Rozilla on this one... they added a lot of clutter to the logos, especially the primary.

how about at least on the n & crown logo since there will not be any seahawk blue in that one without it.

That's probably a decent compromise... I'll change it on the jerseys as well. I'll just update it on the latest image.

I like the adjustments, Avenger. The only nit picks for me, and these are real nitty, are the negative spaces in between the trident prongs and under his arm. I'd just fill those in with the green. And the other one is the green outline of the wave crest that intersects Neptune. What if that were the dark blue? Just wondering. The helmets look sweet with the trident mark! Outstanding job! B)

i liked the crown-n logo for the helmets a bit better because they had more pop. but i DO like the trident design a lot. problem is that the logo disappears a bit on the helmet, with all that blue. did you consider making the "sky" background on the shield that white/gray thing you have on the numbers, wordmark, crown-n, etc? then you could re-tool the waves to be primarily blue, with gray and black highlights. i'm certain that would pop the logo a lot better.

it's a great package, btw. i like it a lot.

i liked the crown-n logo for the helmets a bit better because they had more pop. but i DO like the trident design a lot. problem is that the logo disappears a bit on the helmet, with all that blue. did you consider making the "sky" background on the shield that white/gray thing you have on the numbers, wordmark, crown-n, etc? then you could re-tool the waves to be primarily blue, with gray and black highlights. i'm certain that would pop the logo a lot better.

it's a great package, btw. i like it a lot.

I messed around with the coloring the logo differently, but it seemed to lose the visual characteristeds that tied it in with the other logos.

I feel what you're saying, and partially agree, but in terms of keeping the trident on the helmet, this was the best application, IMO.

As just a ssuggestion, because I see the logo disappearing a bit on the helmet as well, that might look pretty good on a dark blue helmet.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived