MLB Jersey Pricing

Anubis2051

Is MLB the only league that prices their Authenics based on how much detail is required?

For example, the Yankees home Jersey is $193.99, and only features a number and NY:

pMLB2-5472438dt.jpgpMLB2-5998675dt.jpg

Whereas the Road, which has the NEW YORK spanning both sides of the jersey and an outlined number is $214.99.

pMLB2-6002411_alternate1_dt.jpgpMLB2-6002411dt.jpg

Tampa Bay's Jersey's go for $314.99:

pMLB2-5669940dt.jpg

Does any other league do this? It's interesting to see the variance in costs. In fact this might be the one thing that the Yankees get cheaper than most fans (except for Detroit).

Anubis.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool Base jerseys are more expensive. And $315 for an authentic doesn't sound right. I've never heard it ever exceeding $225

$235.99

$246.99

$254.99

$301.99

$309.99

$314.99

$325.99

None of Oakland's jerseys exceed $225, however

Also, I'm shocked that Texas has the most expensive jersey in the league.

Wow. I guess since I never noticed other teams' jerseys that I never realized. Glad my teams jerseys reflect the team well -- cheaper than the others

EDIT: Do you think that the pricing also has something to do with the jersey design itself? I mean, for the A's, they haven't had a new uniform design in over two decades. Whereas the uniforms you just listed, all of them are new within the past 10 years.

Go A's!

Also, I'm shocked that Texas has the most expensive jersey in the league.

They use four-layer numbering and lettering. I'm not shocked at all.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Jersey pricing is based upon the layering of the team name,trim, and the patches. Numbering also varies based on layering. That's why Tigers jerseys cost less than Rangers or Rays jerseys.

Back when most teams sold both poly and COOLBASE, the price difference was COOLBASE cost ~$10 more.

For example, the cheapest is $158 (OAK/CHW/DET/CIN/CHN/. Assume that is the minimum. The Rays jersey is the most "ornate" and it runs $252.

Name & numbering runs from $20 to $75 based on layers & if it's front & back or just back.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I remember, back before leaguewide contracts, prices for authentic NFL jerseys varied from team-to-team, too. And I remember when River City Sports used to have a team-by-team pricing table for NHL jerseys, before they figured out they could just charge the highest price across the board.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

man i remember like 10 years ago(witch still dont seem like that long ago) it was like 50 for nfl/nba and 60-70 for nhl/mlb. i mean i want some jerseys but i just can justify dropping that amount on that but i want the real deal jersey not a fake

man i remember like 10 years ago(witch still dont seem like that long ago) it was like 50 for nfl/nba and 60-70 for nhl/mlb. i mean i want some jerseys but i just can justify dropping that amount on that but i want the real deal jersey not a fake

Yeah, it's insane. Being a Yankees fan, even the replicas piss me off:

pMLB2-11946060dt.jpg

WHY IS THE NAME THERE??? It'd be cheaper to make it without the name, right? So why bother. I can't afford an authentic, but the replica just isn't right...

Anubis.png

Wicked_witch.jpg

On a serious note, I think it wasn't too long ago the average was $80. I know for the NFL it probably was the switch from Reebok to Nike, right?

Go A's!

I remember, back before leaguewide contracts, prices for authentic NFL jerseys varied from team-to-team, too.

Prices for authentic NFL jerseys still vary from team to team.

Do they? I always thought that the Nike authentics are $250 league-wide while the customized ones are $300

Archived