NY Islanders Brooklyn Update

Jvelleu

Heres my attempt at updating the Islanders for their move to the barclays center. They may be a storied franchise and tradition is very important but their logo is godawful.

Full project available HERE.

Logos

NewYorkIslandersLogoSet_zps00934f49.png

Home Uni

(Uni template basically unchanged)

NewYorkislandersHomeUniform_zps87ff3517.png

Away Uni

NewYorkislandersAwayUniform_zps67f4825c.png

Alt Uni

NewYorkislandersAltUniform_zpsa512492e.png

Let me know what you think.

This is perhaps the best Islanders concept I've see yet. To many people try to reinvent the Isles' identity, when the one they've had is the one that's served them the best. You've managed to update that identity without losing any of its essential elements. Well done.

Thanks for the feedback!

New Alt Uni:

Alternate uniforms are hard for the Islanders, they've never really had a good one. All the ones they' ve used seem to have hurt their overall brand instead of adding to it.

I've Always likes the idea of the victory stripes, but not the execution, so heres my take on them.

NewYorkislandersAltUniform_zpse96a09a0.png

Also thought of a new addition to the brooklyn logo, using more elements from the previous look. Better or Worse?

NewYorkIslandersBrooklynLogos_zps4717f5e5.png

This is a pretty strong concept. I think that the NY logo has that iconic feel that so many new marks lack and is strong enough to be the primary crest, with the lighthouse as a patch. Either the version with the NY or the waves would work. I just don't feel it's as timeless as the new NY mark, and should be just a shoulder patch and maybe an alt crest.

The bridge logo isn't working for me. Too reminiscent of the old Warriors logo, and to me it doesn't capture the true feel of the Brooklyn bridge, which is more in the supports and cable configuration more so than the silhouette.

I'm 99% of the time in favor of bold colors like the royal and orange you've used here, but I think it's worth at least looking at in navy, at least with the NY as the primary crest. It has the potential to become a classic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really strong concept. Are the four dots on the lighthouse representative of the four cups?

I would like to see an Alt with some type of Brooklyn mark. For marketing alone I imagine the team will take a page out of the Nets' book. Perhaps the apparel image you posted with the whole project...the one with Islanders over the lighthouse, but change to Brooklyn over the lighthouse. I think that would look sharp on a blue or even an orange alt.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Maybe it's ice_capt my phone but it looks red instead of orange. I also agree with ice

It looks red on my laptop too, which would make the color scheme too close to the Rangers - a huge no-no for any Isles concept.

Other than that, these are very nice.

CCSLC signature.png

This is a pretty strong concept. I think that the NY logo has that iconic feel that so many new marks lack and is strong enough to be the primary crest, with the lighthouse as a patch. Either the version with the NY or the waves would work. I just don't feel it's as timeless as the new NY mark, and should be just a shoulder patch and maybe an alt crest.

My original intention was to have the ny logo as the primary and the lighthouse as the shoulder patch, but then the lighthouse got more detailed and the ny mark was simplified and i figured it wasn't strong enough for the primary. I definitely agree with you that the ny logo is more iconic and love how it looks on the alt. If people think the logos should be switched then id be down for it.

The bridge logo isn't working for me. Too reminiscent of the old Warriors logo, and to me it doesn't capture the true feel of the Brooklyn bridge, which is more in the supports and cable configuration more so than the silhouette.

I think thats whats been bothering me as well, the supports need to be thicker and the cables should be thinner. I think that could also help it be less distracting in the lighthouse logo.

To adress the color problem, i did choose a red orange, very similar to the marlins, just cause i love their orange. Its still distinctly orange on my computer, but If so many people see it as red I may change it.

Really strong concept. Are the four dots on the lighthouse representative of the four cups?

Yea, their supposed to be windows, i'm trying to work in a 4 motif; 4 windows, 4 waves, 4 lines of tape on the stick, etc.

For those that havent already seen them, here are a couple of ideas for apparel use to help market themselves in brooklyn.

IslandersApparelLogo1_zpsb1d406ec.png

IslandersApparelLogo2_zps2a10b821.png

IslandersApparelLogo6_zps05273211.png

IslandersApparelLogo4_zps38c5eb4d.png

IslandersApparelLogo5_zpsf9bcda64.png

IslandersApparelLogo7_zpse29f17b2.png

Archived