NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

I don't agree with Jim Rome on much, but I do think we inch closer every year to someone dying on the field. I hope it doesn't happen, but like I said, that slope is getting awfully slippery

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree with Jim Rome on much, but I do think we inch closer every year to someone dying on the field. I hope it doesn't happen, but like I said, that slope is getting awfully slippery

Someone dying on the field isn't a matter of if, but when.

BB52Big.jpg

If the Majestic XII doesn't have a say over the WPotD belt then any Tom, Dick or Harry could just hand it out to whomever. What would that get us? Chaos. That's what.

I really do think it should be renamed the Loogodude Memorial Worst Post of the Day

19 of the 26 members of the M-XII are calling for a vote to call a special meeting to discuss the possibility of calling a vote to open the floor to possibly discussing this idea.

BB52Big.jpg

If the Majestic XII doesn't have a say over the WPotD belt then any Tom, Dick or Harry could just hand it out to whomever. What would that get us? Chaos. That's what.

I really do think it should be renamed the Loogodude Memorial Worst Post of the Day

The belt will be made entirely of speeding tickets.

All 26 members of the M-XII think that idea is amusing.

Someone dying on the field isn't a matter of if, but when.

It happened in 1971, though it wasn't head trauma.

Honor system - without looking, are you referring to Charlie Hughes - I think that was his name - of the Lions? Wasn't it heart related?

BB52Big.jpg

Yes and yes.

One of the nice things about being the resident "old guys" around here is we were "there" for a lot of the stuff these young folk have to look up and can only read about. B)

Yes, so true. Take the talk about the Cowboys' rare appearances in their old dark royal & silver unis. Saw 'em in person in a 1971 shocker: Saints 24, Cowboys 14. But it wasn't a case of the Saints "making" Dallas wear their blues because of a perceived advantage; New Orleans usually wore white at home back then.

Al_Dodd_77-yard_return_against_Dallas_19

That was one of just 3 losses for Dallas that year (Saints were 4-8-2). The 'Boys played much better when I saw them again at Tulane Stadium a few months later, beating Miami 24-3 in SB VI. Never thought about that before now...I was lucky enough to see them in their home and away unis in the same season.

f357ab87148839bc5354d4c8fd2bbb3f.jpg

Sometimes there are perks to being a dinosaur. :D

Turning to Monday night, I have high hopes for the Saints. Seattle is tough at home but with the possible exception of SF, they haven't really faced a gauntlet of contenders at Qwest this season either: Niners, Jags, Titans, Bucs, Vikings. The Saints under Payton have also been pretty good at payback when they get a chance to play somebody who embarrassed them in the past.

But even I as a lifelong Saints fan must admit that I occasionally go to nfl.com and watch Lynch's "Beast mode" run just for the sheer awesomeness of it (crotch-grab aside). Scott Shanle (#58) was underrated overall but that was the whiff heard 'round the world. If he makes the tackle in the hole that game might have ended much differently.

9191512-large.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So I'm looking at the rest of the Week 13 schedule, and it's one of those rare weeks where ESPN has the marquee game. It wasn't until today that I realized how water-treading the week in football is. This, especially considering the fact that NBC has Giants-Redskins, and they did virtually no promotion for it.

New England's defense has been crap today, especially against Ben Tate and Hopkins. Luckily, Brady has been hitting Edleman all day along with a few good passes to Gronk.

Aaaand as soon as I type this, Gronk goes limping off. The defender landed on his ankle. Hope he comes back.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Panthers uniforms look really good aside from the shoulder loops. Perfect color balance from helmet to socks is always a welcome sight. I wish my team would get it together. It's embarrassing to see 15 different blues and silvers on one uni.

Panthers look good football wise too. I almost feel like Cam Newton was forgotten after last season but boy is he back. That defense is ridiculous too.

God damnit Cardinals. Why can't you do the Cowboys a favor and beat the 'Iggles??

That mathieu holding call was stupid, not saying he didn't do it. It clearly was a hold, but it had about as much to do with it as fish have to do with bicycles.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived