NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Bears and Lions. Despite the fact that the Packers haven't won a game since Rogers was injured, they are holding their ground in the awful NFC North. Even more ridiculous, thanks to that stupid tie today, the Packers actually picked up a half game. Wow does the NFL suck this season.

It's just like NCAA football: you have three, maybe four, teams who are championship-quality, not very much in the middle, then a clusterf#ck of crappy teams near the bottom.

Hadn't thought of it that way. I've said the same thing about 136 times on a weekly football podcast I'm a part of. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Thank you Bears and Lions. Despite the fact that the Packers haven't won a game since Rogers was injured, they are holding their ground in the awful NFC North. Even more ridiculous, thanks to that stupid tie today, the Packers actually picked up a half game. Wow does the NFL suck this season.

It's just like NCAA football: you have three, maybe four, teams who are championship-quality, not very much in the middle, then a clusterf#ck of crappy teams near the bottom.

Hadn't thought of it that way. I've said the same thing about 136 times on a weekly football podcast I'm a part of. B)

I'm not sure if there are even 2 or 3 great teams and I even include my Seahawks as being a questionable team.

What's the tie breaker that has Jacksonville picking ahead of Houston?

Strength of schedule

Jacksonville = 91-83 (plus outcomes of DEN and SF)

Houston = 96-79 (plus outcome of SF)

Atlanta = 98.5-76.5 (plus outcome of NE)

Division/conference tiebreakers don't come into play unless the record and SOS are tied

Gotcha. Thanks, man. That's some pretty confusing stuff sometimes.

I'll admit - I love thinking through all this stuff when it comes to playoff formulations and permutations and everything, but, wow, it's virtually impossible to even care to do that busy work when it comes to a whole bunch of :censored: teams.

I'm impressed.

I have everything set up in an Excel sheet. Pop in the wins and losses each week and all the math is done for me :D

Oh great...I can hear all of the Brady fanboys coming out of the wood work to tell everyone how great he is, even though he hasn't been good all year.

* Crawls back into wood work*

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Oh great...I can hear all of the Brady fanboys coming out of the wood work to tell everyone how great he is, even though he hasn't been good all year.

* Crawls back into wood work*
Oh that explains alot.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

So, did anyone expect anything less of this Brady-Manning matchup?

I was hoping for less. Especially once Denver went up 24. ^_^

Demaryius Thomas almost had that third down catch. Would've been huge.

Patriots win the toss and elect to take the wind. Fascinating decision, but I can't say it's a terrible one. Hope it backfires, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

What a :censored:ty way to lose a football game. That's the reason I cringe every time we have a punt return.

I still think they should've taken a look at it since Carter was basically shoved into the path of the ball, which would've given the Broncos the ball at that spot.

It was legitimate. It was Welkers fault. I don't think you chance not catching the ball in that situation.

IUe6Hvh.png

What a :censored:ty way to lose a football game. That's the reason I cringe every time we have a punt return.

I still think they should've taken a look at it since Carter was basically shoved into the path of the ball, which would've given the Broncos the ball at that spot.

It was legitimate. It was Welkers fault. I don't think you chance not catching the ball in that situation.

All I'm saying is that it was worth a look, not that it was something that definitely should've been overturned.

Since Carter was blocked into the path of the ball, the rules state that at that point, it becomes Denver's ball at that spot unless they advance it, regardless of who recovers. So I just think it should've been reviewed is all.

I agree that was definitely on Welker, not Carter. You could see Carter try and avoid it when he heard it, but at that point it was way too late for him to be able to clear himself.

Archived