NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to swap out one ball of stress for another.

Honestly, I've never run across anyone who gets as little enjoyment out of sports as you, my friend.

I celebrate the wins like anyone else, but I have so little faith in my teams due to years of perpetual failure. The Blackhawks are no longer a concern for those feelings, obviously, but I had to learn the hard way not to doubt that glorious franchise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

All of a sudden it's not so silly to think someone can go into Seattle and win in the postseason. If Seattle loses next week, nobody's going to even have to go into Seattle and win in the postseason.

We haven't won in that stadium since the 2004-2005 Wild Card round.

meltingnazi_zps512bac82.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Time to swap out one ball of stress for another.

Honestly, I've never run across anyone who gets as little enjoyment out of sports as you, my friend.

I celebrate the wins like anyone else, but I have so little faith in my teams due to years of perpetual failure. The Blackhawks are no longer a concern for those feelings, obviously, but I had to learn the hard way not to doubt that glorious franchise.

Even with the Hawks, a couple of days ago, you spewed, "oh, we suck, we're not contending this year."

Or maybe it was Admiral. Either one of you two...

Good news: somehow the Chargers are still in the playoff hunt despite trying their hardest to blow it against Oakland.

Bad news: we need to rely on the JETS to win.

Well, Miami did blow a gasket to the Bills. So there's still a realistic shot for the Chargers.

It all comes down to whether Rex really wants to keep his job next week...

Even with the Hawks, a couple of days ago, you spewed, "oh, we suck, we're not contending this year."

Show me this quote.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Good news: somehow the Chargers are still in the playoff hunt despite trying their hardest to blow it against Oakland.

Bad news: we need to rely on the JETS to win.

The Chargers didn't try to blow it! They took control in the second half because the Raiders were flat out awful! It's a good thing Marc Davis and Oakland deserve the Raiders because Los Angeles doesn't need those losers! As far as the Seabags losing, it was bound to happen. I don't mind if the Rams go in there and defeat them next week because it's their best chance to finish the season without a losing record. I hope rams80 gets to read this last paragraph.

Show me this quote.

Yeah...I just realized it was Admiral.

You sure you and him aren't half-brothers?

Starting to look like the Hawks are just those Penguins/Capitals teams that run up scores but are fundamentally unable to be truly elite.

One bad game and the Hawks are no longer "elite"? Give me a break.

They've had one win against a legitimate contender: that 5-1 win over the Sharks where the Sharks showed up half-asleep on a Sunday and didn't know what the hell they were doing. They haven't beaten St. Louis, they haven't beaten Colorado, they've dropped two to Minnesota, and they haven't beaten Anaheim in this calendar year. They've gotten fat on Winnipeg and the East but haven't stepped up big in any real playoff previews yet. Combine that with the worst penalty kill in the league that isn't the Islanders and it's more than a minor cause for concern. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

And yet they have THE MOST POINTS IN THE LEAGUE SOMEHOW. Just enjoy your good team.

Miami occupies the #6 seed at the end of the AFC's proceedings this week due to the superior conference record in their three-way tie with Baltimore and San Diego. Win next week and they're in.

Let me re-phrase that.

On a day when the Dolphins had less than 100 total yards and got shutout by a 5-9 football team (a 5-9 team with a good defense, but, still), they come out sitting the prettiest in the AFC #6 seed race. That is amazing.

spacer.png

OK, all Seattle had to do was beat Arizona. Can be done, I mean the Seahawks beat the Cards in their place, right? Should be easy. No problem. Hell, last time Arizona was up there, they got spanked badly.

This was a total, complete sleepwalk job for Seattle today. It proves that Arizona has a legit defense, but come on Seattle... 4 picks should be turned into more then 10 points.

Now, Seattle have to take care of business and beat the Lambs next week... Well, there is still the outside chance that the Falcons will beat the Forty Whiners tomorrow night, but I just don't see that happening. Atlanta has much of a chance as a snowball in hell.

LOLBears

Damnit, can the Rams claim the NFC North title this season?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bears have lost in every facet of the game and we're not halfway done w/ the first quarter. Bears should burn the tape after this one. Sit the starters by halftime and get healthy for Green Bay.

twitter

Archived