NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

LOLBears

Damnit, can the Rams claim the NFC North title this season?

Last year your team lost all their games to the NFC Central! But your Rams only defeated the Bears this year. Seriously, the Packers can win the division if Chicago keeps embarrassing themselves tonight.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCarthy is a little bit more at ease right now. Cincinnati hasn't won the North, but they are in the playoffs now with Miami's loss.

And we're division Champions with an outside shot at the two seed. I'll admit I overreacted in the moment to the loss in Pittsburgh, which wasn't really as bad as it looked. They're world beaters at home and the Ravens are awfully beatable.

All I want out of this year's team is to win one goddamn playoff game. If we get the three seed I like our chances.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, I can see my prediction for this game is off to a stellar start.

Even before seeing the score of the game, I thought the Eagles are in the better position than the Bears.

The Eagles are in the fortunate spot of "This game doesn't matter much". They have nothing to lose. Their players will probably be the loosest they'll ever be this season. The Bears easily have more pressure of having to win this game than the Eagles. The Bears players have more of the "I gotta do this perfectly" approach than the Eagles.

Yeah, well, the Steelers can still troll their way into the playoffs, which will irritate you in some way to be certain if that does actually happen (and your Bengals would have helped that cause if it does indeed happen).

So, umm, there.

Well, I can see my prediction for this game is off to a stellar start.

Even before seeing the score of the game, I thought the Eagles are in the better position than the Bears.

The Eagles are in the fortunate spot of "This game doesn't matter much". They have nothing to lose. Their players will probably be the loosest they'll ever be this season. The Bears easily have more pressure of having to win this game than the Eagles. The Bears players have more of the "I gotta do this perfectly" approach than the Eagles.

I can see that line of thinking, sure. There is something about playing with the house's money. I just had to think Chicago would have some incredible boost with all the good fortune they had in the afternoon games, but instead, maybe all that good fortune was just to ensure that they have to win their home game next week instead.

And, really, if Eddie Lacy is out, then the Bears have even less excuse to lose next week. I'm not going to expect Rodgers to suddenly be healthy to play next week if he hasn't returned yet.

--

The real question, if this current development holds, is which game does NBC want for next week - Philly/Dallas or Green Bay/Chicago? I think they'd be nuts to not pick the best historical rivalry in the NFL, but, well, that's just me.

spacer.png

Jay's staring down Marshall already. That's a good sign he's desperate. Now they're burning timeouts...it's a lost cause tonight. Don't see why the starters are still in after the half, honestly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now you're just being ridiculous. There's still 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. They get a touchdown and a stop and they're right back in it. It's hardly over.

Not at all. This game is out of hand with no chance of recovery. The Packers are a more beat-able opponent and the Bears have homefield. What's the sense in scrounging together a 48-10 loss and losing guys to injury?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now you're just being ridiculous. There's still 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. They get a touchdown and a stop and they're right back in it. It's hardly over.

*says the fan of a team that blew a 24-0 lead*

;)

They are the bears after all.

McCarthy is a little bit more at ease right now. Cincinnati hasn't won the North, but they are in the playoffs now with Miami's loss.

And we're division Champions with an outside shot at the two seed. I'll admit I overreacted in the moment to the loss in Pittsburgh, which wasn't really as bad as it looked. They're world beaters at home and the Ravens are awfully beatable.

All I want out of this year's team is to win one goddamn playoff game. If we get the three seed I like our chances.

If you guys win next week, you would probably play the Fins in the first round at home which you should win. That would set up a rematch of Cincinnati vs. New England, only this time it would be in Foxboro. That would be a really good game.

*says the fan of a team that blew a 24-0 lead*

;)

Exactly! And last week the Cowboys blew a 23 point lead. It wouldn't be unheard of for 20-some point comeback. Pulling the starters at the half sends a terrible message and I think the response next week would be more negative than positive.

IUe6Hvh.png

Plus there's no guarantee the eagles will keep their first team in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived