NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four of the five remaining playoff contestants have a west-coast flair.

Then there are the Patriots...

Nobody cares.

The only people more worried about East vs. West coasts than you are rappers in the mid 90's.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Saints wouldn't have wasted home field like Carolina has. Too bad they didn't earn it! :cursing:

P.S. Add to my previous gripe about jawing and shoving all the posing, trash talking, crowd hushing, etc. Guys make a tackle - as far as I know, what they're supposed to do - and jump up posing like they just saved a bus full of orphans.

It gonna be even worse next week! Yeah, I know if I liked it, it would be very hypocritical since I am irritated at the numerous times the Steelers and Ravens do it.

Manning and the Broncos with a surgical first drive. No shock there.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Four of the five remaining playoff contestants have a west-coast flair.

Then there are the Patriots...

Nobody cares.

The only people more worried about East vs. West coasts than you are rappers in the mid 90's.

I care, because for the next week throughout all the media, we all have to hear about Patriots this, and Patriots that. If the Chargers win, "how healthy will the Patriots be in front of their passionate fans?" If the Broncos win, "how can Brady beat Manning in the latest chapter of their epic rivalry?" The NFC title game will get largely ignored until about Friday or Saturday, in lieu of all New England news.

No matter the outcome, the Patriots play in the largest and most influential sports market remaining in the playoffs.

By the way, the whole "Peyton Manning: Best regular season QB ever" thing is ridiculous. His playoff numbers aren't that far off from his regular season numbers and compare well with all of the "playoff winner QBs."

Those Colts teams weren't setup for postseason success. If Peyton was fortunate enough to have the defenses that Tom Brady had earlier on his career he'd have more than one ring.

IUe6Hvh.png

You just hate to see the season end like this. For the whole game, the defensive backs played stupid, but the team was still in the game. The offense kinda blew the second half, too. But, cest la vie.

If I were a Panthers fan, I'd be pretty pleased. They had a couple of bad losses to start the season, but they also won a handful of games they shouldn't have (the Pats game comes to mind). For a first-time playoff team that played above its level, it seems like it was a pretty good season and something to build on for next year.

Also, as someone rooting for Seattle, color me scared for next week. Those 49ers look tough.

I'm very glad about how the season went. 2-14 to division champs in three years is awesome. But losing the first playoff game at home is a little disheartening. Now that I think about it, it might have been better if the Panthers played on Wild Card weekend.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Wow. A rare red-zone interception for Manning. Still a two possession game at halftime.

Yup, because that was at all Manning's fault.

Yeah that was a tough luck play. Decker should've made that catch but ultimately it was a great defensive play. Too bad because a FG would've been huge.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived