Red Wings new stadium (first renderings)

dgthree

It is supposed to be based off Olympia. I assume the design is still a "rough" rendering and that it may have more details and be a little different if they go forward with this design. IDK if they would actually go all brick like Olympia, but it would be cool (and it would make sense for the weird all red rendering).

I'm just a sucker for all things Yost Ice Arena

*drool*

YostIceArena.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

!B+QenVwEGk~$(KGrHqR,!jYEzKI2lvZKBM+DRS3

Something in between Yost and the Olympia would be the bitchingest hockey arena in the league. All those arenas from the late '90s boom look the same. Just soulless concrete/glass commerce exchanges.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I could not find a topic, but the first renderings of the new stadium are out. My opinion, the wrong direction. The "New Red Barn" plays off history, but brings nothing exciting.

2rh8icw387l4l3uw.jpg

That looks suspiciously like a project some guy online did some number of years ago, called the New Olympia Arena project. He had a whole series of renderings for this if its from the same project.

EDIT: The site has changed since the last time I saw it, but the project hasn't:

http://newolympia.blogspot.com/

According to those pictures on the new olympia blog, they have been online for several months.

Edit: Since December.

He used to have a different site, that used the New Olympia as a focal point, but also included many other arena and stadium designs as well. So I guess December is when the site changed.

Sorry if I'm ignorant to the whole Detroit situation, but when your city is crumbling around you. Do you really think building a new arena is at the forefront of city council? I get they've wanted a new one for a while, but priorities change.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sorry if I'm ignorant to the whole Detroit situation, but when your city is crumbling around you. Do you really think building a new arena is at the forefront of city council? I get they've wanted a new one for a while, but priorities change.

City Council really had little say in the process since the city has been run by a Governor-appointed emergency manager. And the state's governor is fully on board to fund the project with tax dollars.

"This is a catalyst project," Snyder said. "This is going to be where the Red Wings are. Who doesn't get fired up in Detroit about the Red Wings? Come on now, the people that are criticizing are people from outside of Michigan. This is something that is important to all of us. This is part of investing in Detroit’s future, That’s the message we need to get across.… As we stabilize the city government’s finances, as we address those issues and improve services, Detroit moves from a place where people might have had a negative impression…to being a place that will be recognized across the world as a place of great value and a place to invest.”

"This is a catalyst project," Snyder said. "This is going to be where the Red Wings are. Who doesn't get fired up in Detroit about the Red Wings? Come on now, the people that are criticizing are people from outside of Michigan. This is something that is important to all of us. This is part of investing in Detroit’s future, That’s the message we need to get across.… As we stabilize the city government’s finances, as we address those issues and improve services, Detroit moves from a place where people might have had a negative impression…to being a place that will be recognized across the world as a place of great value and a place to invest.”

Who still believes that "sports teams promote civic investment" bull :censored: in this day and age?

*reads further*

"Tea Party Governor"

Ah yes, that explains it quite nicely.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who still believes that "sports teams promote civic investment" bull :censored: in this day and age?

*reads further*

"Tea Party Governor"

He is far from a Tea Party governor. He is actually fighting with the Tea Party for being a supporter of medicaid expansion, among many other things.

"This is a catalyst project," Snyder said. "This is going to be where the Red Wings are. Who doesn't get fired up in Detroit about the Red Wings? Come on now, the people that are criticizing are people from outside of Michigan. This is something that is important to all of us. This is part of investing in Detroits future, Thats the message we need to get across. As we stabilize the city governments finances, as we address those issues and improve services, Detroit moves from a place where people might have had a negative impressionto being a place that will be recognized across the world as a place of great value and a place to invest.

*reads further*

"Tea Party Governor"

Glendale.

Archived