MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys gotta realize, these aren't ideas he wants to see come to fruition to replace the current ones, they're basically just his own concepts made for each team as if their actual ones never existed. At least that's how they come across to me. So basically he's not trying to improve an identity, but rather just create a completely new one... for fun. So saying they need this from the current look or to match that from their current look is kind of pointless.

Or so I believe.

You guys gotta realize, these aren't ideas he wants to see come to fruition to replace the current ones, they're basically just his own concepts made for each team as if their actual ones never existed. At least that's how they come across to me. So basically he's not trying to improve an identity, but rather just create a completely new one... for fun. So saying they need this from the current look or to match that from their current look is kind of pointless.

Or so I believe.

+1 -- but some of these I'd rather see then the current ones!

Braves need a tomahawk somewhere. I like the mariners, but I think that you should incorporate the compass somewhere.

I thought about the Tomahawk - I just couldn't render it the way I wanted it to look. I'll likely come back to it and try again later.

As for the Mariners, I've always thought the Trident was a stronger image than the compass, so that's why I opted to lose it.

I love the mariners wordmark and colors, but the braves wordmark does not fit with the feather of any braves traditional font.

I think there's a typo in there somewhere, so I can't really address it.

Or so I believe.

This. I got inspired by that semi-viral post on Reddit about a guy redesigning the NFL. I'm really doing this just for fun/to hone my skills, but any CC is always welcome. If I improve on the current marks, great, but I completely acknowledge that many of these brands are so timeless that it's more of a fool's errand. But I enjoy doing it, and I'm so thrilled to see that it's being well received.

Also, here's the new look Mariners!

OH1wLQz.jpg

it be cool if the wave was backwards because then it would make an s

I tried it, it's a little bit more of a stretch than I'd like. It'd also read as "MS," not "SM"

I love Colorado's. Its gorgeous.

The Mariners reminds me of a script for a supervillain.

Thanks, and haha! I see the malice now that you mention it!

I've been doing a little bit of research, and I'm probably going to do some revisions before I get to some new marks. Specifically, the Tigers and the Yankees. I found this article on the Yankees logo, I think there's a lot of legs in the police-badge style crest.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/30/a-salute-not-to-the-yankees-but-to-their-logo/?_r=0

Thoughts?

Archived