MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi derschwigg,

I was scrolling through this site and noticed your redesigned logos and I think they're totally awesome and you have some great ideas and great vision. I did have a few questions if you don't mind me asking?

1. What computer program do you use to design those with?

2. When will you do a Redsox one since I am from Boston?

3. I have been wanting to make a fantasy hockey logo for my team better and I think that program would be great to do it with and I was wondering if you could give me some ideas on what to do, change or add to it I sent you a picture of it via email? if that would be okay?

Thanks for your time and artwork. Hope to hear from you.

Sincerely, John

I revisited the Braves logo as well - a bit more abstract than the others so far, but it was fun to do!

NSDv7yj.jpg

Hi derschwigg,

I was scrolling through this site and noticed your redesigned logos and I think they're totally awesome and you have some great ideas and great vision. I did have a few questions if you don't mind me asking?

1. What computer program do you use to design those with?

2. When will you do a Redsox one since I am from Boston?

3. I have been wanting to make a fantasy hockey logo for my team better and I think that program would be great to do it with and I was wondering if you could give me some ideas on what to do, change or add to it I sent you a picture of it via email? if that would be okay?

Thanks for your time and artwork. Hope to hear from you.

Sincerely, John

Hey John! Thanks for the kind words!

I use primarily Illustrator, but every now and again, I go back to the ole sketchbook to put my ideas on paper. But when it comes to finishing/inking, I don't think it gets better than Adobe Illustrator, but any vector artwork program should do as well.

As for the Boston logo, I did that one late last night. It's tough doing an aggressive logo for a team named after laundry, haha!

I think it's great you want to learn how to do this stuff. Fantasy teams are a GREAT jump-in point. I don't know what kind of computer you're running, but Adobe has a free 30 day trial of Illustrator available from their site, and (correct me, anyone, if I'm wrong) I think if you go with the Creative Cloud version, it's something like $30 a month for the whole suite of programs or something like $20/month for just the one? What's your team called?

Just like that.

Thanks so much!

Damn that's a great concept I like the way you made the design the "A" that's actually the best Braves design I've seen and they should use your designs in the MLB.

You never answered any of my questions though. lol

Damn that's a great concept I like the way you made the design the "A" that's actually the best Braves design I've seen and they should use your designs in the MLB.

You never answered any of my questions though. lol

Thanks! I just edited my post to answer your questions - we legit posted at nearly the exact same time, haha!

Definately in favor of the last couple logos you've put together. The brewers, orioles, and braves are all superb. I've always thought the orioles could actually use gray permanently in their uniforms (and not just for away games). LOVE the braves. Although earlier I had wanted a more traditional wordmark, this wordmark really works well with the logo. The binding on the top of he feathers really reminds me of the binding on the tomohawk.

Opps sorry I saw that you replied but didn't notice it till after I replied again. I'm new to this site and am still figuring it out. I do agree that the Redsox is a harder logo to do because of laundry lol. The name of my fantasy hockey team is called "SWAS" which is short for "Silly with a stick. Long story behind it but if you every heard the Jerky Boys they have a sketch where they say "i'll beat you silly with a stick" and since I am the joker of all my friends I found it fitting. My logo is bizarre as well kinda hard to explain I drew it with colored pencils and am very good at drawing but suck on computers and knowledge of programs to me is minimal. You would love the logo I made but cant really explain it lol if I sent you a jpeg attachement could you tell me what you think?

Opps sorry I saw that you replied but didn't notice it till after I replied again. I'm new to this site and am still figuring it out. I do agree that the Redsox is a harder logo to do because of laundry lol. The name of my fantasy hockey team is called "SWAS" which is short for "Silly with a stick. Long story behind it but if you every heard the Jerky Boys they have a sketch where they say "i'll beat you silly with a stick" and since I am the joker of all my friends I found it fitting. My logo is bizarre as well kinda hard to explain I drew it with colored pencils and am very good at drawing but suck on computers and knowledge of programs to me is minimal. You would love the logo I made but cant really explain it lol if I sent you a jpeg attachement could you tell me what you think?

Silly with a Stick. I kind of like it! I'm immediately getting a Jesters/Jokers type logo feel to that name. But if I were you, I'd make a post over in the Requests forum about it. It's right here, and you'll likely get a couple of people working on it for you. The community of designers here is a pretty good one, I'm sure they'd help out if they can.

I got the Reds done this morning. I love the wordmark, but I'm not sold just yet on the icon. Mr Redlegs is probably the only character/logo I'm considering using as inspiration. That, and maybe the swingin' Padre. That guy's a bamf, haha!

What do you think?

jbdhTIe.jpg

I like the Mr. Redleg logo a lot, but since he is such an "old timey" kinda guy, why not try an "old timey" looking wordmark?

Great work though.

Rangers: I really like it, but would an MLB team use a gun in their logo these days (ie. Colts .45's)

I also love the Rangers logo. I'm not well-versed on the history of the original Texas Rangers (the lawmen), but I assume the pistol was one of the primary tools of their profession. But according to MLB, pictures of guns sewn onto baseball jerseys cause people to use guns to kill people and stuff...or something.

Rangers: I really like it, but would an MLB team use a gun in their logo these days (ie. Colts .45's)

I also love the Rangers logo. I'm not well-versed on the history of the original Texas Rangers (the lawmen), but I assume the pistol was one of the primary tools of their profession. But according to MLB, pictures of guns sewn onto baseball jerseys cause people to use guns to kill people and stuff...or something.

It's not just the MLB, it's all major sports. Even football, ironically enough. But I wanted to stay true to the brand. That's why I came up with two logos, one sheriff's badge and one with crossed pistols.

Archived