MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a rough mockup of what I was talking about

diohepC.png

No. Not at all.

I actually don't mind it in the wordmark. But in the face of the bird, nope.

In the mean time, here's the Chicago White Sox. For the life of me, I couldn't include a sock without it feeling Minor League to me. What do you think?

gJOQy0D.jpg

i have one reccomendation out of all this, the Pirates script is too much. Everything else is amazing....

There. I'm MUCH happier with this version. What do you think? I was able to slide in a subtle "P P" for Pittsburgh Pirates in the nose.

t8N3gP4.jpg

This is the updated Pirates form page 2.Looking at it again, is that a hidden PP for nostrils, for Pittsburgh Pirates?

Any plans for a Minnesota Twins redesign any time soon?

Where's the Rays?

The Twins, Rays, and Cubs the only teams left on the "to do" list, I just want to polish up the ones I'm not too happy with just yet - The Cardinals and White Sox in particular. I'm thinking about switching the name back to the Devil Rays - kinda like what I did with the Angels.

These logos are legendary. Really nice work.

I would love to see uniforms to match.

Thanks! I mentioned it earlier, but if any one wants to take a crack at doing uniforms with these, you're more than welcome to it. Just don't go claiming you did the logos as well :P

OT: Can anyone tell me where I can find those awesome "Where I'm from..." banners?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94120-where-i-come-from/

Also, do you think that the Pirates logo could have a pirate hat without being cheesy? Right now it just looks like a skeleton mascot with no pirate theme outside of maybe the crossed bats

If anything, I could see a bandana working. A hat would add too much height to the mark.

Hi, Derschwigg,

I'm a longtime lurker who finally registered in response to this fantastic thread. I'm a White Sox fan and I dig both of your concepts, but I feel the first one is far superior. The one major suggestion I would make would be to somehow incorporate the ChiSox sock logo into your concept. In the first design, I think this could be accomplished by replacing the two baseball bat handles that flare out from the bottom of the baseball/C logo into socks. :)

Also, re: your Pirates logo, one way to give the logo more of an overall baseball look would be to add ball stitching to the skull. I've seen this done before with other Bucco concepts, and I think it would do wonders for your logo.

Well, i decided the Padres concept should be my first try at a uniform, so here's my idea so far:

10503764686_a37a67cc9d_c.jpg

There's my idea for a home uniform, as well as an away wordmark. Also, I decided that a brown-on-gold cap logo looks way better than the gold-on-brown...

What do you think?

Archived