MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

Hats off, man. These are INCREDIBLE. I would love to see what you do with the NFL and NBA!

I hadn't thought about the NBA - most people I've talked to have asked for NHL, but I don't know as much about hockey. I'm only a recent fan, haha!

Thanks!

That Twins logo is probably the best of the series, but I would go with an M instead of a T and a purple-and-gold color scheme.

I tried incorporating an M using the twin axes as the middle portion, but it just didn't look right. Is the Purple and Gold scheme for the Lakers? I opted for the existing scheme because a) it's a classic and B) it's easier to make a lumberjack-style plaid out of red than it is gold
Ignore that purple and gold comment. He says that in every single thread created about the Twins.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I (finally) had a chance to revise the Cardinals logo. As much as I love the Bird-de-lis, it may be tough to connect the two as a cohesive identity. So I went a bit more traditionally stylized. The bird head can be pulled out as it's own mark as well.

So here's (another) new look Cardinals

u11q955.jpg

Still think Powder Blue and Metallic Gold would look better than the Navy & Athletic Gold, and they'd definitely have a unique color scheme

Like so?

jlTzV49.jpg

Yeah, but I meant with no navy, this does look good though

I kept the navy because of the area in the cardinal face that's blacked out like that. Damn you, nature!

I think if you were to make an entire identity with the Cardinals, the flying Cardinal would be a great primary and the Fleur de Bird would be a great alternate. They are both good on their own, but in the same identity package, they would be one of the best identities ever made.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wow. I must say, I really like the flying cardinal. I think it looks perfect, save for the tip of the wings. I disagree with the powder blue, but different stokes for different folks. It might look good as an accent or a road uniform, but I think making it a large part of the logo and such is too much.

On the wings front, I find that the rounded way you draw and accentuate wings makes it look a bit too cartoonish and minor-league. I think the feathers of the Cardinal are on the fence, leaning less towards the cartoonish, but the outer line is very bubbly. Here are some examples that I think look sharper and therefore more intimidating/mature.

5mdhgjh3aa92kih09pgi.gifgasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gifkwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90.gif58p6tm0b3zr4dsrhevp12uva4.gif

I can't believe I just cited the 90's Angels identity as "mature". *shudders* I feel dirty.

That being said, I've been here this whole time and I've been throwing criticism after criticism, but it's just as an attempt to help you perfect things (at least where my gut feeling goes). This is possibly the best series I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of from the start, and your work is incredible. Bravo, sir.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That being said, I've been here this whole time and I've been throwing criticism after criticism, but it's just as an attempt to help you perfect things (at least where my gut feeling goes). This is possibly the best series I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of from the start, and your work is incredible. Bravo, sir.

Wow. Considering all those who've posted their stuff on here, that's some high praise. Thank you so much!

The newer Cardinal just looks a little... Jesus-y.

DazKUuSm.jpgT9RAV9hm.jpg

Eh...you could argue that anything with outstretched arms/wings/paws is Jesus-y, though

Are there any other teams that could use a revision? If not, I'll go ahead and make an all-league graphic, and since these got so well received, 1440x900 wallpapers as well for each team.

So I meant to send the link of the logos to a co-worker and fellow Twins fan. I ended up sending it the entire office. I spent the day fielding questions like "What the heck does an Elephant have to do with the Athletics" and "Is that the Mr Pringles guy?" Some of my co-workers dont share my love of logos or sports. :wacko:

So I meant to send the link of the logos to a co-worker and fellow Twins fan. I ended up sending it the entire office. I spent the day fielding questions like "What the heck does an Elephant have to do with the Athletics" and "Is that the Mr Pringles guy?" Some of my co-workers dont share my love of logos or sports. :wacko:

LOL

Archived