MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

Here's the concept for the St. Louis Cardinals!

rhsJOum.jpg

Don't know why, but I see more indians than Cardinals in this. This is great, and I 'd love to see you incorporate it, but I think that it's best to actually use a real Cardinal

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. I think its pretty sharp. All of these are pretty good.

I do not like the Padres color scheme, however. I'm with McCall on that one. Brown and orange or, preferably,brown and yellow, but I think brown, powder blue and either yellow or tan would really make that logo pop.

In my opinion, I don't think I'd do a fleur-de-lis for the Cardinals. That would make me think it's from New Orleans or something...

GASP! I GET TO BE THE HISTORY AND SPORTS SNOB! I NEVER GET TO BE THE SPORTS SNOB!

-ahem-

I opted for the Fleur de Lis because St. Louis (as a city) has it as a symbol in its flag, most likely because King Louis XIV (I think?) used it as his symbol, and was himself referred to as St. Louis. Also, the St. Louis Browns (now the Baltimore Orioles) used the Fleur as their primary mark back in the 40's. Their color scheme (ironic, given the hate over the Padres set) was brown and orange.

In my opinion, I don't think I'd do a fleur-de-lis for the Cardinals. That would make me think it's from New Orleans or something...

GASP! I GET TO BE THE HISTORY AND SPORTS SNOB! I NEVER GET TO BE THE SPORTS SNOB!

-ahem-

I opted for the Fleur de Lis because St. Louis (as a city) has it as a symbol in its flag, most likely because King Louis XIV (I think?) used it as his symbol, and was himself referred to as St. Louis. Also, the St. Louis Browns (now the Baltimore Orioles) used the Fleur as their primary mark back in the 40's. Their color scheme (ironic, given the hate over the Padres set) was brown and orange.

Nothing wrong with using the fleur de lis for a St. Louis team. However your Padres remark is a little inaccurate. It's not about brown and orange (which is a good combo, just better the Padres go brown and gold), but rather brown, orange AND gold all together.

-ahem-

Nothing wrong with using the fleur de lis for a St. Louis team. However your Padres remark is a little inaccurate. It's not about brown and orange (which is a good combo, just better the Padres go brown and gold), but rather brown, orange AND gold all together.

Oh no, I was simply noting that it had brown and orange. Haha!

Hahahahahaha, I LOVE the new interpretation of the "Cardinal" name. To be honest, I don't think the Cardinal/fluer-de-lys combination really works at all. Go one way or the other. I prefer your original, however, if you make the upper-right and upper-left segments more winglike and make the bottom more tail-like with claws wrapped around the bat, I think you could split the difference. It would look much better, but the fluer-de-lys would be less prominent. I'd like to see that, if you can.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hahahahahaha, I LOVE the new interpretation of the "Cardinal" name. To be honest, I don't think the Cardinal/fluer-de-lys combination really works at all. Go one way or the other. I prefer your original, however, if you make the upper-right and upper-left segments more winglike and make the bottom more tail-like with claws wrapped around the bat, I think you could split the difference. It would look much better, but the fluer-de-lys would be less prominent. I'd like to see that, if you can.

Original as in the "Card-de-lis" that's 3 feathers? Or the new, birdier one?

That's a pretty good idea. I'll see if I can get a good concept before too long. Thanks!

I think the updated LA looks nice, but I think it would be nice to incorporate the ball into the logo and not (just) the script.

And I meant the original fleur-de-lys without the Cardinal face. I definitely love the way the middle top part fits the shape of a Cardinals' head so well. Looking back on it, I suppose the original fluer-de-lys was supposed to resemble feathers. I didn't see that. I thought you were completely leaving behind bird imagery in favor of a new view of the name "Cardinals", but if you DO wish to incorporate the bird, then I'd definitely go the route I described with more bird-like features. The head looks like a finger sticking out of the fleur-de-lys as it is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived