Alternate Helmets

wdm1219inpenna

The Bills had red helmets for many years to assist then Quarterback Joe Ferguson, since all the AFC East teams wore white helmets, except the Jets.

I thought having alternate helmets would be interesting to try. Should Miami play Arizona, Arizona would wear cardinal red helmets. If the Dolphins played the Titans, the Titans would wear powder blue helmets....

Here's what I came up with, sorry the Jags & Panthers aren't current....

ALTERNATEHELMETS_zps9e94e463.png

Some issues with these that I have. The Cardinals, Saints, Jets and Cowboys helmets wouldn't work very well because the logo would get lost in the helmet, even with some sort of outline. The Bengals head looks awkward being backwards on the helmet.

If you're going with a "clash" helmet then the Eagles one is pointless for two reasons; 1. they're both still green and 2. no other team wears green helmets so there would be no need for a clash helmet to begin with. Only Jets, according to you, would have one, but with it being their clash option, it wouldn't be used against Philly as both teams' primaries don't clash.

Not that they would need a 'clash' helmet for this purpose, but the Browns should have an alternate Brown helmet. I'd like to see the Vikings helmet with the purple and white switched. If the Lions are going to keep black in their uni, I think a black helmet might work for them.

Some issues with these that I have. The Cardinals, Saints, Jets and Cowboys helmets wouldn't work very well because the logo would get lost in the helmet, even with some sort of outline. The Bengals head looks awkward being backwards on the helmet.

The Saints have a gold version of the fleur de lis that is used on black. No doubt that it would be used on black helmets. That being said, the Saints alt helmet is pretty sloppy.

I'm not sure I get what the OP is getting at with his first post. Would the goal be to limit the # of games where teams have the same color helmet shells?

gYH2mW9.png

It does, and it always bugged me that the official logo had him looking that direction. The leaping tiger was headed backwards, as well.

The only helmet I liked was the Redskins. You keep putting old colors on helmets that would clash with jerseys or you make the helmet the same exact color as the logo. Plus you need to use the new Jags logo if you are going to suggest alternate helmets for the current NFL. And I agree with what was said earlier. Cincinnati's Bengal looks stupid backwards on a helmet.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

The Bills had red helmets for many years to assist then Quarterback Joe Ferguson, since all the AFC East teams wore white helmets, except the Jets.

I thought having alternate helmets would be interesting to try. Should Miami play Arizona, Arizona would wear cardinal red helmets. If the Dolphins played the Titans, the Titans would wear powder blue helmets....

Here's what I came up with, sorry the Jags & Panthers aren't current....

ALTERNATEHELMETS_zps9e94e463.png

Suggestions (and pointing out teams that already have alternate or throwback helmets)

- Cowboys 1960's

- Texans with a white helmet instead of red

- For the Dolphins, how about that "full helmet" concept that floated around

- The full "GIANTS" for NYG.

- A blue and green helmet for the Packers (ode to old colors)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

My suggestions:

1. The Browns should have brown helmet to make sense for once.

2. The Jags should just go all gold instead of two tone

3. The Rams should have inverted colors of their current helmet

4. The Chiefs could have a yellow helmet

5. The Dolphins could have an aquamarine helmet similar to one of the former prototypes

6. The Eagles could have a black helmet

7. The Lions could have a metallic blue helmet similar to what The Giants have

8. The Vikings could have a yellow helmet with the viking logo instead of the horns

9. The Panthers could also go with a black helmet

10. The Packers could get away with a green helmet

11. The Bears could have a bear logo on the helmet instead of the "C"

12. I agree with 29texan, The Texans could use a white helmet

13. The 49ers could use an alternate logo

14. The Bengals could just invert their colors

15. And agreeing with 29texan again, The Giants could just have "GIANTS" on the helmet instead of "NY".

Archived