I still think Green Bay is the last team in.

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Green bay(if they don't get in)

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

You forgot Florida Gulf Coast, High Point, Iona and Belmont...also Southern is ineligible for postseason because of APR sanctions.
Ahhh damn that's alot. If southern was ineligible why was they playing in the SWAC tourney?(at least they lost 1st round)

Because four SWAC teams were ineligible, so the SWAC got a special exemption from the NCAA to have all teams in the conference tourney. Had an ineligible team won it, the bid would go to the eligible team which advanced the furthest (if all eligible teams had been eliminated, the tiebreaker would go to who advanced furthest, then to seed).
Good grief, what a mess, they should of fofited the auto-bid then. Glad it never came to that.

Making one of the two HBCU conferences forfeit an auto-bid has really terrible optics.

Well if u can't afford to play with the big boys (grambling) or keep up the APR then go to div 2.

Again. REALLY. TERRIBLE. OPTICS.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

You forgot Florida Gulf Coast, High Point, Iona and Belmont...also Southern is ineligible for postseason because of APR sanctions.
Ahhh damn that's alot. If southern was ineligible why was they playing in the SWAC tourney?(at least they lost 1st round)

Because four SWAC teams were ineligible, so the SWAC got a special exemption from the NCAA to have all teams in the conference tourney. Had an ineligible team won it, the bid would go to the eligible team which advanced the furthest (if all eligible teams had been eliminated, the tiebreaker would go to who advanced furthest, then to seed).
Good grief, what a mess, they should of fofited the auto-bid then. Glad it never came to that.

Making one of the two HBCU conferences forfeit an auto-bid has really terrible optics.

Well if u can't afford to play with the big boys (grambling) or keep up the APR then go to div 2.

How???? Bottom line if u cant AFFORD to play with the big boys, and as a school are poor, maybe stepping back down would be better. New Orleans did after Katrina.

Quite a few have accused the NCAA of racism for instituting this APR policy...personally I think it's the OPPOSITE since they're making every school go by the same standards. (What WOULD be racism is if they decided HBCUs couldn't meet the standards so they have to lower them for them).

But I digress...so far Albany and Tulsa clinched autobids today (by beating Stony Brook and Louisiana Tech in the conference title games, respectively)

Burmeister, the APR doesn't do :censored: to improve academic or performance at NCAA institutions. All it does is serve as a scarlet letter marring certain programs based on some subjective rubrics. It's far more a cynical ploy to make it look like the NCAA cares about its athletes than it is an attempt to actually do anything to benefit them.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

How???? Bottom line if u cant AFFORD to play with the big boys, and as a school are poor, maybe stepping back down would be better. New Orleans did after Katrina.

New Orleans cancelled the decision to go to Division III Charlie Gordon. And dropping to Division II doesn't really do anything for the schools given the degree of cutbacks in state funding. Hell, it might just piss off the remaining donors for those schools and then the financial situation at those schools is going to get really dicey.

Today, we are all otaku.

Michigan State advances past Wisconsin in the Big ten tourney. :)

Michigan State is a really scary team when healthy. I can see both them and Michigan making runs in the tournament. Michigan would probably be my pick to win it all if they had McGary. I still think they have a good shot to make it to the Final Four without him, Stauskus is just a great player.

There's some good games going on out west right now. UCLA wrapped up the Pac-12 in a tight one with Arizona and the Mountain West Championship looks like it's going to come down to the last possession as well.

And for the people discussing #1 seeds yesterday, Michigan is getting one if they win tomorrow.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Arizona isn't gonna go deep if they continue with this ineptness from the FT line. Just like the ASU game it cost us.

UCLA is 4-1 vs AZ last 2 years, yet they're 1-2 against Washington State. :wacko:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Cards are AAC champs! :winner: Finally, they can leave that conference and play Syracuse, Duke, and UNC in the ACC next year. Hopefully, they get a 2 or 3 seed during Selection Sunday.

I'm surprised that, of all people, you would put them that low. The reason I say this is because they were predicted to be underdogs for a 1 seed this morning by Joe Lunardi. You are underrating your own team? :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Cards are AAC champs! :winner: Finally, they can leave that conference and play Syracuse, Duke, and UNC in the ACC next year. Hopefully, they get a 2 or 3 seed during Selection Sunday.

I'm surprised that, of all people, you would put them that low. The reason I say this is because they were predicted to be underdogs for a 1 seed this morning by Joe Lunardi. You are underrating your own team? :P

I'm saying that because Louisville's resume isn't as good as last years. Lets see: Swept by Memphis, lost to UK and UNC and the conference isn't as tough as the ACC or Big Ten (USF, Temple, and Rutgers are atrocious). Though they're playing like a 1 seed and are a threat to win it all, but I'm being realistic. If they get a 1 seed, I'll be happy. If they don't, I'm not mad. All that matters the Cards storm back to Dallas and winning it all again (destroying Arizona, Wichita State, or Syracuse along the way). B)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

What was better: Your American conference tournament title or the Russell Athletic Bowl Championship?

Don't worry, 10 bucks says he picks Louisville to win his bracket. :P

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Tomorrow has the final five automatic bids to be given out

Atlantic Coast - Greensboro, NC

#2 Duke Blue Devils vs. #1 Virginia Cavaliers

Records

DUKE: 26-7 (13-5)

UVA: 27-6 (16-2)

It's been 20 years since the Cavs have reached the ACC championship game, but here they are as the top seed and facing powerhouse Duke. The winner of this game will more then likely be a number 1 seed when the brackets are announced later that day. Which team takes home the title?

Atlantic 10 - Brooklyn, NY

#4 St. Joseph's Hawks vs. #2 Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Records

SJU: 23-9 (11-5)

VCU: 26-7 (12-4)

A funny thing happened in the A-10 tournament. St. Bonaventure's upset of top seed St. Louis opened the door for St. Joseph's, who needed help to get off the bubble and into the field of 68, to make a run. VCU fans don't care, because the Rams are still pretty good. Can VCU take home a win or do the Hawks fly high with a tournament championship?

Sun Belt - New Orleans, LA

#3 UL-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. #1 Georgia State Panthers

Records

ULL: 22-11 (11-7)

GSU: 25-7 (17-1)

Traditionally, the Sun Belt was one of the first tournaments to be done. Now, it's one of the last... part of the changing times, I guess. The expansion has helped the Sun Belt as Georgia State has come in and made themselves home pretty quickly with a near perfect conference record. UL-Lafayette took care of second seed Western Kentucky to get here. Do the Cajuns pull off the upset or can the Panthers truly make themselves at home with a tournament title?

SEC - Atlanta, GA

#2 Kentucky Wildcats vs. #1 Florida Gators

Records

UK: 24-9 (12-6)

UF: 31-2 (18-0)

Nothing like a heavyweight battle between two powerhouse programs to get the sense that the Big Dance is around the corner. For Kentucky, it's a shot at redemption after last season's disaster that saw them in the NIT, going on the road as the 1 seed and then getting upset by Robert Morris. For Florida, it's simple: Winning this game means they'll be the number 1 overall seed when the brackets come out. Which team can take care of business?

Big Ten - Indianapolis, IN

#3 Michigan State Spartans vs. #1 Michigan Wolverines

Records

MSU: 25-8 (12-6)

MICH: 25-7 (15-3)

The final automatic bid on the line gives us a traditional rivalry game. Michigan State and Michigan just plain don't like each other and now you throw in the stakes of a Big Ten Tournament title and a possible number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament? Then you get a blockbuster game. Which team will rise to the occasion?

My First Four Games:

16: Weber State Wildcats vs. Cal Poly Mustangs

16: Texas Southern Tigers vs. Albany Great Danes

14: George Washington Colonials vs. Tennessee Volunteers

14: Iona Gaels vs. Colorado Buffaloes

Overall Number One: Florida, no matter what happens on Sunday.

You know mount saint Mary's is a lock for that play in game cause the BEC is a weak conf and that are 16-16.......and Iona???? Who have they beat??? Wishful thinking. GW is not a first four team more a 10-11 seed and safely in.

My first 4 games:

Cal poly vs Texas southern

Mount saint Mary's vs wofford

Stanford vs Louisiana tech

Dayton vs Green Bay

There is no way Louisiana Tech or Green Bay gets in over Minnesota, Florida State, or Nebraska. And Stanford has a much better resume than the teams that will be playing in the First Four games.

That fourth 1 seed is going to be really hard to call if Michigan loses tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the winner of the ACC Championship, but Duke, UVA, and Villanova all have really similar resumes.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived